What up Texas?

DevilDog

2 hours ago, steeler01 said:

Prior to the Duncanville Asswhoopen all everyone heard was how SLC was better this season.  Now they're not cause they got destroyed.  

Duncanville is better upfront than they were last season on defense. 

They are better.  

It's Duncanville's night.  These 2 have gone back-and-forth at each other the past 3-4 seasons.  

Happy as heck to see this more are coming too.  UT gets back to blanketing Texas kids.  Watch out

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/sources-qb-quinn-ewers-transferring-to-texas-013033161.html

Sources: QB Quinn Ewers transferring to Texas

Texas trending for four-star running back Terrance Gibbs

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/texas-trending-four-star-running-191448299.html

• Like 1

17 hours ago, DevilDog said:

This is why people that follow TX Hs Football is saying this WL team is one of the best.  They are on a 39 game winning streak one of the Longest ever in 6A.  Going after their 3rd straight championship.  Destroyed a SLC team with the highest rated QB in the history of HS, only VY tied Ewers as the highest rated HS QB.  Their current QB is the highest rated in the country.  Delivered Katy the worst playoff loss In their History.  The best QB in Texas and among best in the nation.  And dominating for 3 straight years.  Have beaten named brand teams along the way.  NS, SLC, Katy and others.  Will be playing a good Guyer team on Saturday.  Many Texas football gurus in the know are declaring them a special team along the lines of 2015 Katy.  What do you Texas guys think.  If they win they will join those Allen and SLC teams with 3 straight.  All of which had dynamic and elite QBs.  @SeaShells21  @Frosty4024 @Champa @Horsefly @Cracker 

For the storied Katy football program, lopsided playoff losses are far more rare than state championships. In fact, before Saturday, the Tigers never had lost by 30-plus points in 39 postseason appearances

Yes I think they will go down as one of the best. They quietly took care of business. Excellent program, will be interesting to see who replaces Dodge. 

Some chatter NOLA Jesuit might play Dallas Jesuit next year.....nothing confirmed yet, just chatter. Sometimes the chatter is real, sometimes not so much. Would be a nice game if they can pull it off.

Dallas Jesuit was in NOLA for a basketball tourney couple days ago. They went 1-2 losing to NOLA Jesuit Blue Jays in OT 70-63 in the last game. Apparently that's where the football chatter started.

10 minutes ago, RedZone said:

Some chatter NOLA Jesuit might play Dallas Jesuit next year.....nothing confirmed yet, just chatter. Sometimes the chatter is real, sometimes not so much. Would be a nice game if they can pull it off.

Dallas Jesuit was in NOLA for a basketball tourney couple days ago. They went 1-2 losing to NOLA Jesuit Blue Jays in OT 70-63 in the last game. Apparently that's where the football chatter started.

NOLA Jesuit and Dallas Jesuit played in 2000.......with  NOLA Jesuit winning 14-13.

Dallas Jesuit went 5-5 that year.

2000 5-5      
Coach: Bob Wunderlick      
Dallas Carter W 10 7
Dallas Hillcrest L 17 20
Coppell W 18 10
W.T. White W 22 12
Highland Park L 14 35
West Mesquite L 14 28
Houston St. Thomas W 17 8
New Orleans Jesuit L 13 14
El Paso Cathedral^ W 42 0
Strake Jesuit^^ L 6 10

4 hours ago, RedZone said:

NOLA Jesuit and Dallas Jesuit played in 2000.......with  NOLA Jesuit winning 14-13.

Dallas Jesuit went 5-5 that year.

2000 5-5      
Coach: Bob Wunderlick      
Dallas Carter W 10 7
Dallas Hillcrest L 17 20
Coppell W 18 10
W.T. White W 22 12
Highland Park L 14 35
West Mesquite L 14 28
Houston St. Thomas W 17 8
New Orleans Jesuit L 13 14
El Paso Cathedral^ W 42 0
Strake Jesuit^^ L 6 10

So the 80th best Texas team against the 4th best Louisiana team. Jesus. Your state is a bunch of punks who never challenge themselves 

It's hard go against Murray, although Vince Young was pretty good  his own self.

Hard to argue against Brees if we're talking NFL. Mahomes and Murray may have time to catch up though. Only thing holding them back is Mahomes needs to get better at the basics and I kind of worry about Murray running so much and taking hits at his size.

16 minutes ago, Champa said:

It's hard go against Murray, although Vince Young was pretty good  his own self.

Hard to argue against Brees if we're talking NFL. Mahomes and Murray may have time to catch up though. Only thing holding them back is Mahomes needs to get better at the basics and I kind of worry about Murray running so much and taking hits at his size.

But who was the best in HS? (Not factoring in post HS careers) I think VY was a notch above physically speaking 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

But who was the best in HS? (Not factoring in post HS careers) I think VY was a notch above physically speaking 

There were a lot who have been physically above Murray, but his ability and accomplishments at Allen were amazing. And I thought he was much more suited to baseball than football after high school. I was wrong.

28 minutes ago, maxchoboian said:

There were a lot who have been physically above Murray, but his ability and accomplishments at Allen were amazing. And I thought he was much more suited to baseball than football after high school. I was wrong.

His individual accomplishments were great,  but if you remove the team accomplishments(which takes a team) Young is better. 

50 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

His individual accomplishments were great,  but if you remove the team accomplishments(which takes a team) Young is better. 

I'm not sure removing team accomplishments when evaluating QBs makes sense. I know there's been discussion on here in the past regarding how important (or not) the QB position is in football, and I have always been of the camp that feels it's very important. Like probably the most important position in team sports.

11 minutes ago, maxchoboian said:

I'm not sure removing team accomplishments when evaluating QBs makes sense. I know there's been discussion on here in the past regarding how important (or not) the QB position is in football, and I have always been of the camp that feels it's very important. Like probably the most important position in team sports.

Why wouldn't it?

When has an individual player won a team Championship by himself?

Was Elway better in 97/98 or was he better in 87-89?

Same goes for Manning.  Was Manning better in 2013 orv2015?

I can't claim a QB is the greatest because of team accomplishments.  Especially a sport,  where the individual doesn't even play half of the time

23 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

Why wouldn't it?

When has an individual player won a team Championship by himself?

Was Elway better in 97/98 or was he better in 87-89?

Same goes for Manning.  Was Manning better in 2013 orv2015?

I can't claim a QB is the greatest because of team accomplishments.  Especially a sport,  where the individual doesn't even play half of the time

Because my opinion is that the QB is the leader of the team, significantly more frequently than any other position player on a football team. Manning's individual stats the year Denver won a Super Bowl with him at QB were nowhere near what they were a couple years earlier when they lost the Super Bowl. And to a man, every player in the organization said he was the unquestioned leader of their team when they won, even though they relied much more heavily on their defense and run game. Much like the Broncos with Elway. He lost 3 Super Bowls before winning his 2, but not one teammate suggested at any time Elway was not the guy leading the team, even the year Terrell Davis won the Super Bowl MVP, as Elway only threw for 125 yards.

QBs don't just throw passes, they lead teams in all facets of football, including how to practice, how to approach film sessions, how to behave in the weight room, communication and body language during games, etc., making sure the expectations for all players are at the highest levels needed to be successful. Offense, defense, and special teams take the lead of their QB.

Not every single team has this, but again in my opinion, the QB is more influential than other positions in team sports.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, maxchoboian said:

Because my opinion is that the QB is the leader of the team, significantly more frequently than any other position player on a football team. Manning's individual stats the year Denver won a Super Bowl with him at QB were nowhere near what they were a couple years earlier when they lost the Super Bowl. And to a man, every player in the organization said he was the unquestioned leader of their team when they won, even though they relied much more heavily on their defense and run game. Much like the Broncos with Elway. He lost 3 Super Bowls before winning his 2, but not one teammate suggested at any time Elway was not the guy leading the team, even the year Terrell Davis won the Super Bowl MVP, as Elway only threw for 125 yards.

QBs don't just throw passes, they lead teams in all facets of football, including how to practice, how to approach film sessions, how to behave in the weight room, communication and body language during games, etc., making sure the expectations for all players are at the highest levels needed to be successful. Offense, defense, and special teams take the lead of their QB.

Not every single team has this, but again in my opinion, the QB is more influential than other positions in team sports.

That's all great,  but you don't win championships by just being a leader. You need top talent to win in any level compared to your opponents. 

All the being a leader is great,  but Manning didn't become a better leader in 2015 and Elway in 97 for that matter

1 minute ago, steeler01 said:

That's all great,  but you don't win championships by just being a leader. You need top talent to win in any level compared to your opponents. 

All the being a leader is great,  but Manning didn't become a better leader in 2015. 

I don't discount the accomplishments of the team that Tyler Murray led for 3 years at Allen. Apparently that doesn't mean as much to you. Neither of us are going to convince one another differently.