What up Texas?

DevilDog

This is why people that follow TX Hs Football is saying this WL team is one of the best.  They are on a 39 game winning streak one of the Longest ever in 6A.  Going after their 3rd straight championship.  Destroyed a SLC team with the highest rated QB in the history of HS, only VY tied Ewers as the highest rated HS QB.  Their current QB is the highest rated in the country.  Delivered Katy the worst playoff loss In their History.  The best QB in Texas and among best in the nation.  And dominating for 3 straight years.  Have beaten named brand teams along the way.  NS, SLC, Katy and others.  Will be playing a good Guyer team on Saturday.  Many Texas football gurus in the know are declaring them a special team along the lines of 2015 Katy.  What do you Texas guys think.  If they win they will join those Allen and SLC teams with 3 straight.  All of which had dynamic and elite QBs.  @SeaShells21  @Frosty4024 @Champa @Horsefly @Cracker 

For the storied Katy football program, lopsided playoff losses are far more rare than state championships. In fact, before Saturday, the Tigers never had lost by 30-plus points in 39 postseason appearances

• Thanks 1
  • Like 4

Great article on Todd Dodd.  Dude can flat out coach and develop QBs.  He can 3peat twice at 6A level.  No coach in Texas history have ever done this at any level

https://www.texasmonthly.com/being-texan/todd-dodge-football-feature/

(He might have to settle for second-best when it comes to coaches, at any level, produced by Jefferson, thanks to class of ’61 grad and Pro Football Hall of Famer Jimmy Johnson.) Now 58, Dodge will retire after this season—his eighth at Westlake—and he hopes to capture a third consecutive state title along the way. He’s already won six in his coaching career, and if his team remains undefeated through the playoffs, he’ll retire with a high school win-loss record of 234–72. On paper, the Chaparrals are favored to do just that, led by Clemson-bound Cade Klubnik, the nation’s top high school quarterback and the latest in a line of Dodge-mentored signal-callers that includes NFL players Chase Daniel and Sam Ehlinger, along with former Alabama star Greg McElroy.

13 hours ago, DVontel said:

I would have loved to seen Mater Dei vs Westlake. 

Mater Dei probably wins by 17, but I think it would be a competitive for a good bit.

I’ve seen WL and they would have the best chance at beating MD because they are a complete offensive team unlike DV who has trouble throwing.

they also are a physical team upfront on both sides 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

Cameron Yoe: 8-12

Newman Smith: 9-11

Fossil Ridge: 7-12

Marble Falls: 8-12

University of North Texas: 6-37

TOTAL: 38-84

The fact he went 9-11 at Newman Smith ALONE makes him an amazing coach.  Much less 7-12 at Fossil Ridge.

Those are not good football schools at all...

Also...I want you to go to UNT (who had run-first personnel) and try to install a spread offense and see how many wins ya come out with.

30 minutes ago, Ararar said:

I’ve seen WL and they would have the best chance at beating MD because they are a complete offensive team unlike DV who has trouble throwing.

they also are a physical team upfront on both sides 

And would still lose by 3TDs.

But that's a credit to the MD factory.  Nothing against them...they play be Cali's rules.

It is what it is.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Frosty4024 said:

The fact he went 9-11 at Newman Smith ALONE makes him an amazing coach.  Much less 7-12 at Fossil Ridge.

The guy hasn't had a single *winning season* anywhere but Carroll and Westlake.

Fossil Ridge had an undefeated regular season in 2017. They then had another winning season the next year (6-5).

8 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

The guy hasn't had a single *winning season* anywhere but Carroll and Westlake.

Fossil Ridge had an undefeated regular season in 2017. They then had another winning season the next year (6-5).

So now having 1 good season makes Fossil Ridge a football school???  Not to mention "Half" the schools they beat weren't even in their district???

Were they even 5A in 2017???

Guyer wasn't there, Carroll wasn't there, etc.

Not to mention they got bopped by Arlington in the 1st round iirc.

4 hours ago, DevilDog said:

This is why people that follow TX Hs Football is saying this WL team is one of the best.  They are on a 39 game winning streak one of the Longest ever in 6A.  Going after their 3rd straight championship.  Destroyed a SLC team with the highest rated QB in the history of HS, only VY tied Ewers as the highest rated HS QB.  Their current QB is the highest rated in the country.  Delivered Katy the worst playoff loss In their History.  The best QB in Texas and among best in the nation.  And dominating for 3 straight years.  Have beaten named brand teams along the way.  NS, SLC, Katy and others.  Will be playing a good Guyer team on Saturday.  Many Texas football gurus in the know are declaring them a special team along the lines of 2015 Katy.  What do you Texas guys think.  If they win they will join those Allen and SLC teams with 3 straight.  All of which had dynamic and elite QBs.  @SeaShells21  @Frosty4024 @Champa @Horsefly @Cracker 

For the storied Katy football program, lopsided playoff losses are far more rare than state championships. In fact, before Saturday, the Tigers never had lost by 30-plus points in 39 postseason appearances

I’ve seen Allen when they had Kyler Murray but I’ve only heard stories about the legendary Southlake.

Those were amazing teams but this Westlake bunch looks like a combination of Katy, Allen, and the others all wrapped into one team.

They’re easily placed with that group and this 2021 will definitely go down as one of the all-time greats amongst Texans.

• Like 1

I'm really appreciative of  talking Texas football with you guys. Just back here for TxHS Football only.  Again I've really enjoyed you Texas Homies.  Love my State and our Football.  Stay safe enjoy the State Championships.  We have some great matchups.  Would be great if we could flip a few.  If you haven't seen 2A Shiner and the Brooks Brothers at that level tune in.  Just know one is a 6'0" 280lb dude at freaking 2A and an athlete.  3A Brock a stout bunch. 4A Gilmer with a very good D1 QB vs China Spring and those big kids.  LBJ and Stephenville.  A history of beating some bigger schools.  I know you guys are up on all the big boys. Again much thanks for you helping make this thread come alive during the TxHS football season.  I'm interested in everyone's picks as the week progresses.  Let's see how the TX Eight on here  do against each other 2A - 6A picks.  This time not just picks but prop choices.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SeaShells21 said:

I’ve seen Allen when they had Kyler Murray but I’ve only heard stories about the legendary Southlake.

Those were amazing teams but this Westlake bunch looks like a combination of Katy, Allen, and the others all wrapped into one team.

They’re easily placed with that group and this 2021 will definitely go down as one of the all-time greats amongst Texans.

That QB like those teams is special.  People forget SLC lost the highest rated QB in the history of HS Football before the season. Only Tied by VY coming out of HS. Both described as generational talent.  By coincidence I think he will end up at UT.  Texas is the state with the two highest rated QB recruits in History.  They beat Dville last year because Ewers dropped dimes and opened up the running game.  Props to SLC making the Semis without that kid.  WL destroyed them at State with Ewers and this is a more seasoned bunch with the best QB in the nation.   

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Frosty4024 said:

Also...I want you to go to UNT (who had run-first personnel) and try to install a spread offense and see how many wins ya come out with.

Don’t forget the beer budget coupled with champagne aspirations over there. 

bgw

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

That QB like those teams is special.  People forget SLC lost the highest rated QB in the history of HS Football before the season. Only Tied by VY coming out of HS. Both described as generational talent.  By coincidence I think he will end up at UT.  Texas is the state with the two highest rated QB recruits in History.  They beat Dville last year because Ewers dropped dimes and opened up the running game.  Props to SLC making the Semis without that kid.  WL destroyed them at State with Ewers and this is a more seasoned bunch with the best QB in the nation.   

Prior to the Duncanville Asswhoopen all everyone heard was how SLC was better this season.  Now they're not cause they got destroyed.  

Duncanville is better upfront than they were last season on defense. 

2 hours ago, DevilDog said:

I'm really appreciative of  talking Texas football with you guys. Just back here for TxHS Football only.  Again I've really enjoyed you Texas Homies.  Love my State and our Football.  Stay safe enjoy the State Championships.  We have some great matchups.  Would be great if we could flip a few.  If you haven't seen 2A Shiner and the Brooks Brothers at that level tune in.  Just know one is a 6'0" 280lb dude at freaking 2A and an athlete.  3A Brock a stout bunch. 4A Gilmer with a very good D1 QB vs China Spring and those big kids.  LBJ and Stephenville.  A history of beating some bigger schools.  I know you guys are up on all the big boys. Again much thanks for you helping make this thread come alive during the TxHS football season.  I'm interested in everyone's picks as the week progresses.  Let's see how the TX Eight on here  do against each other 2A - 6A picks.  This time not just picks but prop choices.  

1A SIX-MAN
DI - MAY VS. WESTBROOK, 12/15 11:00A
DII - STRAWN VS. MATADOR MOTLEY COUNTY, 12/15 2:00P

2A
DI - SHINER VS. HAWLEY, 12/15 7:00P
DII - FALLS CITY VS. STRATFORD, 12/16 11:00A

3A
DI - LORENA VS. BROCK, 12/16 3:00p
DII - FRANKLIN VS. GUNTER, 12/16 7:00P

4A
DI - STEPHENVILLE VS. LBJ AUSTIN, 12/17 11:00A
DII - GILMER VS. CHINA SPRING, 12/17 3:00P

5A
DI - COLLEGE STATION VS. PAETOW, 12/17 7:00P
DII - SOUTH OAK CLIFF VS. LIBERTY HILL, 12/18 11:00A

6A
DI - DUNCANVILLE VS. NORTH SHORE12/18 3:00P
DII - GUYER VS. AUSTN WESTLAKE, 12/18 7:00P

What your picks? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Horsefly said:

1A SIX-MAN
DI - MAY VS. WESTBROOK, 12/15 11:00A

Westbrook

DII - STRAWN VS. MATADOR MOTLEY COUNTY, 12/15 2:00P

Strawn

2A
DI - SHINER VS. HAWLEY, 12/15 7:00P

Shiner

DII - FALLS CITY VS. STRATFORD, 12/16 11:00A

Stratford

3A
DI - LORENA VS. BROCK, 12/16 3:00p

Brock

DII - FRANKLIN VS. GUNTER, 12/16 7:00P

Gunter

4A
DI - STEPHENVILLE VS. LBJ AUSTIN,
12/17 11:00A

LBJ Austin (leaning)

DII - GILMER VS. CHINA SPRING, 12/17 3:00P

Gilmer

5A
DI - COLLEGE STATION VS. PAETOW, 12/17 7:00P

College Station

DII - SOUTH OAK CLIFF VS. LIBERTY HILL, 12/18 11:00A

South Oak Cliff (For the DISD)

6A
DI - DUNCANVILLE VS. NORTH SHORE12/18 3:00P

Duncanville (For now)

DII - GUYER VS. AUSTN WESTLAKE, 12/18 7:00P.

Guyer (Y'all know why 😁)

What your picks?