5* Mater Dei WR Bru McCoy callling out Maxpreps...

RedZone

1 minute ago, maxchoboian said:

What constitutes a national schedule? One game against a good team from another state (must that team be in the top 10 of a composite poll pre-season, or a top 10 team at the end of the year)?; 2 games against good OOS competition?; 3?

And who determines if the opponents "qualify" as a national opponent? Is Bishop Gorman this year a national opponent? Sure, they won the Nevada state championship by over 40 points, but also lost to any other national team they played (unless we now want to include 4A team from Utah...not 6A or 5A, but 4A Orem). Is Bishop Gorman considered a national team this year simply because they played other good OOS teams? Or did MD only play one national team, thus they qualify for having played a national schedule?

New Jersey has always done a great job in taking on teams from other parts of the country, and done very well, but just because they play OOS games doesn't automatically make a team better, or worse.

Teams build a reputation for consistently winning championships in their state. They become a brand that's known for state dominance.  They then go to other states to play other highly regarded programs that have also dominated their respective state consistently.  They play and the winner of that game has one feather to hang in its cap. That winning team then goes on to the next state and repeats as a winner. Now that team becomes nationally respected as a national powerhouse. The following year they attempt to dominate national schedules as they have done to local competition throughout the years. This is how you become a national brand. If you do not leave your state, you are a local brand. 

2 minutes ago, SJR 04 said:

Teams build a reputation for consistently winning championships in their state. They become a brand that's known for state dominance.  They then go to other states to play other highly regarded programs that have also dominated their respective state consistently.  They play and the winner of that game has one feather to hang in its cap. That winning team then goes on to the next state and repeats as a winner. Now that team becomes nationally respected as a national powerhouse. The following year they attempt to dominate national schedules as they have done to local competition throughout the years. This is how you become a national brand. If you do not leave your state, you are a local brand. 

Please, the OOS play as you mentioned is not close to that as teams and winning state titles change from season to season.and team to team.  A one series game doesn’t tell you much. A perfect example is SJB was really not that superior to MD.  How do we know?  They played a second time.   IMG doesn’t even play for a state title, so that argument doesn’t work for them.  

If HS want to prove their dominance on a national level they’d have to do what colleges do playing a national schedule for MOST of their season, throughout the season,  with an all encompassing end of year tournanent. 

The simple validator is they use rankings to justify who is and is not a quality opponent.  

These single games a year are nothing more than exhibition level stuff at the beginning of the season.  

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Eddyr2 said:

Let me break this down for you slowly for you...in a normal school district that wasn’t try rig the system so they could hoard all the talent they could would build 2 more schools in a city instead of having one with 6k Kids...

You ever think there's a few reasons that Allen doesn't have more schools....? 

Oh and that's quite the conspiracy theory you got there.... 

@MC Rockets

@Fred

@DevilDog

He  figured it out.... 

Mill Creek,Allen and Miami Central.... 

We're hoarding talent at our largest schools....

23 minutes ago, SJR 04 said:

You have a point I stand corrected,  but I'm going to play devil's advocate and ask, if the two teams you listed don't play a national schedule (high ranked teams from other states), how do we know they are good on a national level? They could just be good within the states level of play.

How do you know they aren't?

What's a "national" schedule look like?

If some OOS team were to play Katy, Duncanville, Lake Travis and etc they would brag like no tommorow if they were to win regardless where those TX teams ended up.

You don't get to pick your own personal "national"...to fit your agenda.

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, ThunderRam said:

Maybe it’s just me, but I’m not seeing Texas bragging about or basking in the glow of NS. All I’m reading is a bunch of transfer debate between TX and CA.

Perhaps I’m just missing something ....

That’s like if someone found a Bag full of money,,, their not gonna brag about it... their gonna STFU and hold on to it never bringing it up so no one asks questions

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Please, the OOS play as you mentioned is not close to that as teams and winning state titles change from season to season.and team to team.  A one series game doesn’t tell you much. A perfect example is SJB was really not that superior to MD.  How do we know?  They played a second time.   IMG doesn’t even play for a state title, so that argument doesn’t work for them.  

If HS want to prove their dominance on a national level they’d have to do what colleges do playing a national schedule for MOST of their season, throughout the season,  with an all encompassing end of year tournanent. 

The simple validator is they use rankings to justify who is and is not a quality opponent.  

These single games a year are nothing more than exhibition level stuff at the beginning of the season.  

No matter how you cut it, you have to play teams from other states that are "CONSIDERED TOP NOTCH" to be be a NATIONAL CHAMP in the opinion of many. If you do not do that then you should not be in consideration for national titles. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AztecPadre said:

Sounds mighty racist to me.  Why hate on people getting a shot at a better education and better facilities?  Does it cost you a dime?  Or any taxpayer at all?  No.  So why all the fuss?

Because you’re better than them so it’s a problem....pretty obvious 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, RedZone said:

If some OOS team were to play Katy, Duncanville, Lake Travis and etc they would brag like no tommorow if they were to win regardless where those TX teams ended up.

No matter how you cut it, you have to play teams from other states that are "CONSIDERED TOP NOTCH" to be be a NATIONAL CHAMP in the opinion of many. If you do not do that then you should not be in consideration for national titles. 

2 hours ago, AztecPadre said:

I ask again, do you or any other tax payer have to pay for it?  And again, why the jealousy, hate, unrest or what have you, over minority kids getting a leg up with education and athletics and facilities?  So only the rich folk should be allowed these advantages?  I don't get y'all losing your heads over kids getting a helping hand.  Why not a "good for him" or "that's cool he gets some advantages in life he would not have otherwise possibly been able to get at his local school"? I will never get how folks love to keep as many low income or minorities down and get mad when some of them "escape their grasp" and go to a private for a better opportunity at life?  Just sayin.

Again,your team is now better than theirs so you are a problem/disgrace to HS sports....pretty much the crux of their feelings 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, RedZone said:

Look I'm not here to discredit Texas football. Nobody does it bigger. I'm just saying Texas has to play by the rules if they want in on the game. Can't be a heavy weight champ but never fight anyone outside of the usual suspects, but want those that want a shot at the crown to respect you as you duck them. Not saying Texas ducks anyone. Just giving an example. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SJR 04 said:

No matter how you cut it, you have to play teams from other states that are "CONSIDERED TOP NOTCH" to be be a NATIONAL CHAMP in the opinion of many. If you do not do that then you should not be in consideration for national titles. 

You must think Texas is the size of Montana....

The only problem I have with Texas is not enough of their power teams play each other in the regular season and the power teams from 6A and 5A seldom war.

Few years back West Monroe played a "national schedule" if you will, yet DLS was awarded the MNC in most of the polls. West Monroe got a small slice of MNC.

West Monroe beat 2 teams that year that finished in the USA Today Top 25, plus John Curtis...

DLS played no one that year.

It happens.... no need to cry about it. The kid that made the tweet should worry more about where he will spend the next 4 years..

7 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

So because he's a minority that went to a private school he's better than me? 

A minority that didn't go to a private school? 

I'm only playing your game here.... 

😂 twist away brother you know what I’m talking about and none of you can deny it.If the privates weren’t dominant none of you would care but because they are the Whine and cheese brigade goes marching on

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, maxchoboian said:

What constitutes a national schedule? One game against a good team from another state (must that team be in the top 10 of a composite poll pre-season, or a top 10 team at the end of the year)?; 2 games against good OOS competition?; 3?

And who determines if the opponents "qualify" as a national opponent? Is Bishop Gorman this year a national opponent? Sure, they won the Nevada state championship by over 40 points, but also lost to any other national team they played (unless we now want to include 4A team from Utah...not 6A or 5A, but 4A Orem). Is Bishop Gorman considered a national team this year simply because they played other good OOS teams? Or did MD only play one national team, thus they qualify for having played a national schedule?

New Jersey has always done a great job in taking on teams from other parts of the country, and done very well, but just because they play OOS games doesn't automatically make a team better, or worse.

MD played 9 games vs teams that at one point were ranked in the top 25 National:

Bosco x2

IMG

DLS

Cen10

JSerra

Mission Viejo

OLu 

Bishop Gorman

2 of which we’re OOS games...

so 👆 is a National Schedule...

• Like 1

All this National #1 ranking stuff is only opinions making it Bogus because it can’t be proved.

Its obvious enough to most that Texas has some really good teams and the line to the top would be really short.

This is good enough for me that I can with my eyes that multiple teams from here fit good with the best private schools from around the nation.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, SJR 04 said:

No matter how you cut it, you have to play teams from other states that are "CONSIDERED TOP NOTCH" to be be a NATIONAL CHAMP in the opinion of many. If you do not do that then you should not be in consideration for national titles. 

Ok lets play this silly game.  All played by Texas in the last 15 years.  BG. IMG2x, DLS, JC, ECA La. ECA MD 3x, Jenks, Union.Bellevue 2x when they were cheating, LaSalle, OH, St Joes Prep, PA, Bentonville 2x, Cocoa 2x, BTW, Viera, Hoover, Anchorage South, Dutch Fork, Bingham, Bishop Amat, woodland Hills PA and East UT.  

Before that Texas played.  MNW, Miramar, MC, West Monroe, Rockhurst, Colerain, Trotwood Madison and an El Paso team went and played a top AZ team this year.

Just off the top of my head.  So who's left the Martians. 

And a boatload of State Champs lost to non State Champs. Not one beat a TX 6A Champ in the last 15 yrs

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Texasball said:

All this National #1 ranking stuff is only opinions making it Bogus because it can’t be proved.

Its obvious enough to most that Texas has some really good teams and the line to the top would be really short.

This is good enough for me that I can with my eyes that multiple teams from here fit good with the best private schools from around the nation.

Agreed.

The MNC would have better clarity if Texas (which annulay contains top HS football teams, would participate.

But Texas likes their format, which is fine too.   Unfortunate and Sad, but fine.

They were the same way for College football too.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DevilDog said:

Ok lets play this silly game.  All played by Texas in the last 15 years.  BG. IMG2x, DLS, JC, ECA La. ECA MD 3x, Jenks, Union.Bellevue 2x when they were cheating, LaSalle, OH, St Joes Prep, PA, Bentonville 2x, Cocoa 2x, BTW, Viera, Hoover, Anchorage South, Dutch Fork, Bingham, Bishop Amat, woodland Hills PA.  

Before that Texas played.  MNW, Miramar, MC, West Monroe, Rockhurst, Colerain, Trotwood Madison and an El Paso team went and played a top AZ team this year.

Just off the top of my head.  So who's left the Martians. 

Stuck on stupid.   A handful of relevant games over 20 years.  

Just now, Sammyswordsman said:

Agreed.

The MNC would have better clarity if Texas (which annulay contains top HS football teams, would participate.

But Texas likes their format, which is fine too.   Unfortunate and Sad, but fine.

They were the same way for College football too.

Didn't the Horns smash Traveler this year with a MD kid at QB? 🤣 1st DLS now USC.  We hate initials.  😆