MD Recruits Go Back To Public School

SoCalFball

9 minutes ago, Blueliner said:

Dude. You said the exact same thing over on the NorCal boards using your original screen name. Im curious as to you changed screen names to push this narrative over here? And I’m still trying to figure out how you extrapolated DLS “making it sound like they were duped” from what Coach A said. I think we can that we can ALL agree nobody saw this SoCal transfer craziness coming. Bashing DLS for MD and SoCal selling their souls to the devil(and I don’t mean Folsom) is weak sauce, bro. 

That’s dumb blue. Your better than that. DLS needs to take there whippings and shut the hell up. 

Socal Canyon Country spanked that DLS booty. I forget what DLS’s excuse was about that one. They dang sure had one though.

26 minutes ago, Bestcoast said:

That’s dumb blue. Your better than that. DLS needs to take there whippings and shut the hell up. 

Socal Canyon Country spanked that DLS booty. I forget what DLS’s excuse was about that one. They dang sure had one though.

Lol! You know Im not better than that😉 

It’s not dumb to defend DLS in this situation. Coach A in no way, no how directly stated nor through implication that they were duped. He just stated what all of us are thinking: how the hell did it come to this? Nothing more, nothing less. Time to move on.

I think it’s funny looking at the juxtaposition between DLS fans and SoCal fans though. Take beatings? DLS had an excuse? I’m curious to know what it was. Canyon clearly won the game that I watched. Pretty sure Sparty felt the same way. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Bestcoast said:

DLS has lost to SoCal teams way before they have started crying about SJB and MD. 

DLS must have been recruiting hard in NoCal for the last couple decades. Heck, THEY HAVE BEEN UNDEFEATED UP THERE forever. NoCal folks should demand an investigation and start impeachment proceedings immediately to have DLS banned from athletic participation permanently. It’s an outrage!

Notice that despite the local dominance 90%+ of non-DLS guys on NCP are very complimentary of the program 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Bestcoast said:

DLS wouldn’t be legends if they were from SoCal and not NoCal 

True. No way they win 151 in row in SoCal (there goes the “legend”). But...think about how good DLS probably would have been in SoCal (at the time) with DLS coaching/work ethic/accountability and SoCal studs to take it to the next level. You SoCal guys would be riding DLS’s nuts like nobody’s business. Worse than the GA guys.🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Crafty Creator said:

I’m sorry, did I quote DLS? No I said they are making it sound like they were duped. How about you stop worrying about what MD does and worry about your team. I never made excuses for Mater Dei,  I merely stated what actually happened. WOW WHAT A CONCEPT, to actually say the truth, instead of making things up to fit you agenda or hate. Believe me no one at mater Dei is crying, if these kids came in with no intention of graduating that’s on them. I’m not sure what you want us to own, that kids want to come to Mater Dei because last I checked no one was holding a gun, no one is forcing them to go there No one is making them get up at dark o clock, no one is the cause for whatever commute they choose to make. These kids CHOOSE to make the sacrifices, stay late for practice, do the work because no one does it for them, the work is hard and these kids think it is going to better prepare them for the next level. So I don’t know what you want me to say that will make you feel better?

Yes, you stated that DLS felt “Duped”... where did their coach state that or where was it implied?.... All I read was “We don’t Operate That way”... But you are trying to spin it to fit your narrative that MD is the “Victem”....

Just like you blamed the “PARENTS” for taking the kids out of MD to do what is best for the kids future which is to graduate early and skip the rediculous religion class requirements when the kids were recruited to MD to play Football for 1 Year...

That is what you need to own... Just call it as it is... “These fine young Men Came to MD for 2 semesters to get Football Scholarships and help MD win a State and National Title. We thank them for their contributions on the field and wish them well.”....

That is all that needs to be said...  No Excuses, no BS, just own it.... MD is a National Football Power That Takes SR Transfers That are in the best interest of winning league, State and National Championships...

Embrace who you are, it’s all good!... I myself am a fan and love the national schedule!!!... I give MD props for doing the All Star team thing the right way!!!!...🙂

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Eddyr2 said:

you can at MD but it isnt easy. you have to take care of all your Religious Classes before they will let you leave early. JT took 3 in the spring last year to get into USC early.

eddyr2, spin this from the OC Connect Board.

"OCmom, many on this board saw it coming. Last minute transfers that did not have any connection to the MD tradition and did not care about the supposed Mission of the school only had one purpose in their transferring to MD. That was to get a ring and move on. Even Steve Fryer was understanding that these kids and parents cared nothing of tradition and school culture, and their on-field and off field behavior proved that.

The end result is many MD alumni such as myself are walking away from caring about MD sports programs that I followed for years. Worse than now being consistently being disappointed in the new culture, we really don't care anymore "

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bestcoast said:

DLS wouldn’t be legends if they were from SoCal and not NoCal 

100% incorrect... Yes, there is no 151 game winning streak... But legendary HS programs are built by Legendary Coaches and that is wat Lad was....

Lad would be legendary wherever he was, just like Rollo, BJ or Welch would be legenday in Nor Cal...

BJ and Welch beat Lad, But Rollo couldn’t do it until he had the So Cal All Stars...

Not a bad thing though, LBP and The IE all Stars have struggles with DLS... and Those dudes have pleanty of wins over the OC or Trinity leagues best... 🙂

• Like 1

eddyr2, they are jumping off the band wagon !! 

" Has any football coach, or any other coach for that matter, fallen from grace so quickly and unequivocally as Bruce Rollinson has at Mater Dei in the past couple of years. Bruce went from one of the most respected men in the business to the face of what most now believe is what is wrong about youth/high school sports. He has lost all credibility and respect amongst his peers who now have taken to social media to publically mock and shame him and his program. He can't even get a game scheduled in CA anymore. A legacy that was built over decades is now in the gutter.

The news of the RC players and others coming to Mater Dei from public schools for less than one year for the SOLE purpose of playing football and then returning to their original public high schools has GREATLY tarnished the Mater Dei Football program. More so than any event in school history. The outcry from Mater Dei football parents to school leadership was unprecedented and led to immediate changes in transfer policy. You will never see what you saw in the past couple years at Mater Dei. Never.

I don't expect Bruce to be around after this season. Probably 2 years too late."

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Blueliner said:

Dude. You said the exact same thing over on the NorCal boards using your original screen name. Im curious as to you changed screen names to push this narrative over here? And I’m still trying to figure out how you extrapolated DLS “making it sound like they were duped” from what Coach A said. I think we can that we can ALL agree nobody saw this SoCal transfer craziness coming. Bashing DLS for MD and SoCal selling their souls to the devil(and I don’t mean Folsom) is weak sauce, bro. 

He didn’t post it I did and I put it in quotations so everyone would know it wasn’t me saying it

3 minutes ago, Ararar said:

He didn’t post it I did and I put it in quotations so everyone would know it wasn’t me saying it

My intention was to just give you shit. But honestly, I felt a little dirty saying that in the first place. That’s the type of stuff block did. But I put it out there, and ya can’t take it back once it’s out there. So my apologies if I got it wrong.

BL

9 minutes ago, Ararar said:

I’ve never even been on the NorCal Board. The NorCal people spinning what they want. I stand by parents will do what they want with THEIR kids. It is what it is and you can take an excerpt here and there and make it what you want.

16 hours ago, Exocet 98 said:

eddyr2

"Re-read this and realize that this is High School football. MD/Bosco are absolute freakshows. No respect for what either program has become. They are now known nationally but have become a bad joke locally."
T

The MD Hatefest on that board is hilarious!!!....🤣🤣

It reminds me of when MV had Spongebob and everyone used to bitch about the “Farm Program” or whatever... It’s funny how No-one complains about MV now since MV can’t beat MD....🤣🤣🤣

7 minutes ago, Blueliner said:

My intention was to just give you shit. But honestly, I felt a little dirty saying that in the first place. That’s the type of stuff block did. But I put it out there, and ya can’t take it back once it’s out there. So my apologies if I got it wrong.

BL

No worries 

i have always respected your opinions 

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, THEOC89 said:

It reminds me of when MV had Spongebob and everyone used to bitch about the “Farm Program” or whatever... It’s funny how Non-one complains about MV now since MV can’t beat MD....🤣🤣🤣

I block most of the crazies...most...

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Blueliner said:

True. No way they win 151 in row in SoCal (there goes the “legend”). But...think about how good DLS probably would have been in SoCal (at the time) with DLS coaching/work ethic/accountability and SoCal studs to take it to the next level. You SoCal guys would be riding DLS’s nuts like nobody’s business. Worse than the GA guys.🤣

giphy-downsized-large.gif

• Haha 7

2 hours ago, dntn31 said:

I can't believe no one has mentioned the obvious solution to this whole thing... MD just needs to reduce (or remove) their religion class requirements for graduation. 🤔

Amen Brother!!!... Had MD just not perpetuated this Farce that SR Public School Football Transfers have to take meaningless Religion Classes that do nothing for them to get into college, the kids would have graduated early from MD and their would be no uproar about any of this...

Just waive the requirement, who cares?.... I have yet to see a SJB kid transfer Back to his Public School to graduate early because he couldn't fulfill the "Religion" Requirements to get to College...

Maybe Rollo needs to Meet with Negro and "Sharpen Up" His Public School Transfer Game.... :) :) :) 

2 hours ago, dntn31 said:

I can't believe no one has mentioned the obvious solution to this whole thing... MD just needs to reduce (or remove) their religion class requirements for graduation. 🤔

i would add more...i spent time in both Rome and Israel to study while at MD and they didnt give me extra credit!!! 

15 hours ago, THEOC89 said:

It reminds me of when MV had Spongebob and everyone used to bitch about the “Farm Program” or whatever... It’s funny how Non-one complains about MV now since MV can’t beat MD....🤣🤣🤣

Name any team since 2000 not named Mission Viejo that has won 5 straight over Mater Dei. WAITING !!!! LOL!!!!

• Like 1