MD Recruits Go Back To Public School

SoCalFball

49 minutes ago, NotBigdaddybloom said:

The CIF, which has no teeth, needs to limit the number of transfers each season to 4. This would equally distribute the remaining athletes throughout the state. If you have more than 4, they must red shirt, then if they stay with the program, take one of the remaining 4 for next year away.

That would never work for many reason. Families move every year can’t penalize those who actually move. 

20 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Either football season is over at Mater Dei or ISB just announced they have Week 3 open.

019C2E84-0583-4F52-A92E-0139430C4B39.png

I’m hearing that the coach who was responsible for all those ass kickings at ISB left and is now at a public school down there. So I think ISB will be folding and top Georgia teams are gonna now have a real hard time finding games. 😔

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, NotBigdaddybloom said:

The CIF, which has no teeth, needs to limit the number of transfers each season to 4. This would equally distribute the remaining athletes throughout the state. If you have more than 4, they must red shirt, then if they stay with the program, take one of the remaining 4 for next year away.

They should also limit how many kids can move into apartment across from schools just so they can play football 

On 2/8/2019 at 7:45 PM, Mjd33 said:

How would you like to be the rancho C coach? Losing an Oklahoma and an Oregon guy their SR Years. 

Not at all, it sucks for schools like that.  It also makes the league less tough on  the bigger scale; if two or three D1 kids leave each school for one central school, you end up with a national champ in a shit league/region.

17 hours ago, Exocet 98 said:

The OCConect board will remove any and all negative posts regarding that MD senile sellout Rolo allowed non catholic ski mask wearing hoodrat shop lifting thugsters to enroll and transfer out after a ring. And that their 2 MNC are tainted. LOL!!!!!!

I take it you and @Eddyr2 aren’t friends? 

2 hours ago, 954gator said:

Some private schools you just can’t graduate early.  I know you can’t at STA. 

you can at MD but it isnt easy. you have to take care of all your Religious Classes before they will let you leave early. JT took 3 in the spring last year to get into USC early.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 954gator said:

Some private schools you just can’t graduate early.  I know you can’t at STA. 

If you have completed the required classes at MD (that you have to get permission for) you can graduate early. But this something you have to prepare for. The three discussed in the article were told they would not qualify for mid year graduation when they wanted to transfer in and they agreed. When the semester was over two of them did a work around and left Mater Dei. The PARENTS took them out to home school then so they could start Spring ball at the colleges they committed to (by the way they did a signing in December at MD) . When they found out the colleges wouldn’t accept the credits from the home school program  they had no choice but to return to their previous high school. The third kid had already been on contract and rather than trying to straighten out he chose to leave and go back to his previous high school. So please tell me how this is the fault of the school. Parents are going to do what they want with their kids.

For DLS to make it sound like they were duped by this recruited up team is bs, these three were of no impact and two of them didnt even play in the final game.

13 minutes ago, Eddyr2 said:

you can at MD but it isnt easy. you have to take care of all your Religious Classes before they will let you leave early. JT took 3 in the spring last year to get into USC early.

McCoy and Nimmo had been preparing for  early graduation by taking extra classes and summer school courses to get ahead for a couple of years. They had to get approval to carry the heavier class loads. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, NorCalRuss said:

OCConnect says MD only has 1 transfer so far and SJB has 12-16 for next year. Is that accurate? Looks like SJB is loading up in major way? Also looks like some SJB players are on the out with discipline problems, some very good players according to locals. 

Bosco has a ton of sr players last year. MD did as well but here is what they got coming back that either started or had major minutes:

qb

3 Wr

5 OL

2 DL

5 LB

6 DB

DL, WR and RB are the “positions of need” but there are a lot of underclassmen ready to step in

if I was a kid look for a new school Bosco seems to be the team that needs more help

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Crafty Creator said:

For DLS to make it sound like they were duped by this recruited up team is bs, these three were of no impact and two of them didnt even play in the final game.

I am curious where you read that DLS Said they were "Duped By a Recruited Up Team".... I didn't read that anywhere, nor have I ever read or heard of DLS complaining that that have to play MD or SJB with their Recruited up All Star teams...

What's BS is MD Crying "Poor Us, These Bad Kids Lied to us, it's not our fault".... :)

When MD jumped into the Transfer Sweepstakes this is what you open yourself up to... These kids would never have gone to Private Catholic School if it wasn't for MD recruiting them to play Football, they have no desire in getting a Catholic School Education so now MD Fans are surprised when they break their word and bail... 

Be Happy because it worked!!!!.... Back to back Natty's!!!... I am good with what MD has done! They play a National Schedule of recruited up teams, So who cares, Just own it and stop making "Poor MD" Excuses and Blaming the Parents of the kids who transfer there for Football and not the religious based education...

Wasn't it those same Parents who said it was in the best interest of the kids to Transfer to MD for 1 year to play Football in the first place?... Now that graduating early and ditching Religion Classes is in their best interest, Poor MD was Duped and the Kids and families lied... Unless the Religion classes were "The Religion of Football", They never cared about them in the first place, and they do absolutely nothing to help them get into College so why would MD be surprised?

The MD excuse machine is just ridiculous.... And trying to make DLS look bad, makes it look worse... DLS has done it the right way, within the rules for 30+ years and have never complained about playing anyone.... And they are still doing it with Catholic kids who go to school there for 3 or 4 years and not Football Mercenaries who transfer in their senior year to get a ring...

Not that the MD way is wrong, Just stop making excuses and own it for Goodness Sakes!!!!....:)

• Like 6

34 minutes ago, THEOC89 said:

I am curious where you read that DLS Said they were "Duped By a Recruited Up Team".... I didn't read that anywhere, nor have I ever read or heard of DLS complaining that that have to play MD or SJB with their Recruited up All Star teams...

What's BS is MD Crying "Poor Us, These Bad Kids Lied to us, it's not our fault".... :)

When MD jumped into the Transfer Sweepstakes this is what you open yourself up to... These kids would never have gone to Private Catholic School if it wasn't for MD recruiting them to play Football, they have no desire in getting a Catholic School Education so now MD Fans are surprised when they break their word and bail... 

Be Happy because it worked!!!!.... Back to back Natty's!!!... I am good with what MD has done! They play a National Schedule of recruited up teams, So who cares, Just own it and stop making "Poor MD" Excuses and Blaming the Parents of the kids who transfer there for Football and not the religious based education...

Wasn't it those same Parents who said it was in the best interest of the kids to Transfer to MD for 1 year to play Football in the first place?... Now that graduating early and ditching Religion Classes is in their best interest, Poor MD was Duped and the Kids and families lied... Unless the Religion classes were "The Religion of Football", They never cared about them in the first place, and they do absolutely nothing to help them get into College so why would MD be surprised?

The MD excuse machine is just ridiculous.... And trying to make DLS look bad, makes it look worse... DLS has done it the right way, within the rules for 30+ years and have never complained about playing anyone.... And they are still doing it with Catholic kids who go to school there for 3 or 4 years and not Football Mercenaries who transfer in their senior year to get a ring...

No that the MD way is wrong, Just stop making excuses and own it for Goodness Sakes!!!!....:)

DLS has lost to SoCal teams way before they have started crying about SJB and MD. 

DLS must have been recruiting hard in NoCal for the last couple decades. Heck, THEY HAVE BEEN UNDEFEATED UP THERE forever. NoCal folks should demand an investigation and start impeachment proceedings immediately to have DLS banned from athletic participation permanently. It’s an outrage!

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Bestcoast said:

DLS has lost to SoCal teams way before they have started crying about SJB and MD. 

DLS must have been recruiting hard in NoCal for the last couple decades. Heck, THEY HAVE BEEN UNDEFEATED UP THERE forever. NoCal folks should demand an investigation and start impeachment proceedings immediately to have DLS banned from athletic participation permanently. It’s an outrage!

I am not sure I ever remember DLS “Crying” about MD or SJB... Or any team that beat them on the field....

DLS does what they do and they do it their way however that is.... Yes, a couple of So Cal team have beat them over the years, but whatever DLS does it took two So Cal All Star Teams to knock them off of 4 straight SBG... And in between that, DLS beat the IE All Stars in back to back years....

DLS has done just fine doing it their way, with their 3 Or 4 year student athletes graduating with a Catholic Education....

It’s all good to me though, whatever is best for the kids and their Families!!.... 

I Luv the fact that those kids used MD in the same way MD used them... And MD is the one acting like the “Jilted Skank”.... 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 3

1 hour ago, THEOC89 said:

No that the MD way is wrong, Just stop making excuses and own it for Goodness Sakes!!!!....:)

I’m sorry, did I quote DLS? No I said they are making it sound like they were duped. How about you stop worrying about what MD does and worry about your team. I never made excuses for Mater Dei,  I merely stated what actually happened. WOW WHAT A CONCEPT, to actually say the truth, instead of making things up to fit you agenda or hate. Believe me no one at mater Dei is crying, if these kids came in with no intention of graduating that’s on them. I’m not sure what you want us to own, that kids want to come to Mater Dei because last I checked no one was holding a gun, no one is forcing them to go there No one is making them get up at dark o clock, no one is the cause for whatever commute they choose to make. These kids CHOOSE to make the sacrifices, stay late for practice, do the work because no one does it for them, the work is hard and these kids think it is going to better prepare them for the next level. So I don’t know what you want me to say that will make you feel better?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, THEOC89 said:

I am not sure I ever remember DLS “Crying” about MD or SJB... Or any team that beat them on the field....

DLS does what they do and they do it their way however that is.... Yes, a couple of So Cal team have beat them over the years, but whatever DLS does it took two So Cal All Star Teams to knock them off of 4 straight SBG... And in between that, DLS beat the IE All Stars in back to back years....

DLS has done just fine doing it their way, with their 3 Or 4 year student athletes graduating with a Catholic Education....

It’s all good to me though, whatever is best for the kids and their Families!!.... 

I Luv the fact that those kids used MD in the same way MD used them... And MD is the one acting like the “Jilted Skank”.... 🤣🤣🤣

DLS wouldn’t be legends if they were from SoCal and not NoCal 

5 hours ago, Crafty Creator said:

If you have completed the required classes at MD (that you have to get permission for) you can graduate early. But this something you have to prepare for. The three discussed in the article were told they would not qualify for mid year graduation when they wanted to transfer in and they agreed. When the semester was over two of them did a work around and left Mater Dei. The PARENTS took them out to home school then so they could start Spring ball at the colleges they committed to (by the way they did a signing in December at MD) . When they found out the colleges wouldn’t accept the credits from the home school program  they had no choice but to return to their previous high school. The third kid had already been on contract and rather than trying to straighten out he chose to leave and go back to his previous high school. So please tell me how this is the fault of the school. Parents are going to do what they want with their kids.

Dude. You said the exact same thing over on the NorCal boards using your original screen name. Im curious as to you changed screen names to push this narrative over here? And I’m still trying to figure out how you extrapolated DLS “making it sound like they were duped” from what Coach A said. I think we can that we can ALL agree nobody saw this SoCal transfer craziness coming. Bashing DLS for MD and SoCal selling their souls to the devil(and I don’t mean Folsom) is weak sauce, bro. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1