MD Recruits Go Back To Public School

SoCalFball

57 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

The ONLY reason the game was competitive is because The Stache benched their entire secondary and started 4 freshmen there.  DLS couldn't gain a yard on their veer, and may have ended up in negative rushing yards.  I was at the game

Do you think MD carried DLS in the game purposely? To give a certain perception? 

3 minutes ago, Kalven said:

Do you think MD carried DLS in the game purposely? To give a certain perception? 

NO.  The Statche gave 100%.   The Stache did play it closer to the vest than usual because they knew that the only way they could lose would be to make stupid turnovers.  DLS defense was SO GOOD, that any misstep by the MD offense would be capitalized on.

DLS executed their passing game well, even though it was usually a 1 receiver route.  FACT is DLS scares the hell out of the Trinity League teams, but the TL coaches make opponents earn their points.

• Like 2

On 2/11/2019 at 9:09 PM, Exocet 98 said:

eddyr2, spin this from the OC Connect Board.

"OCmom, many on this board saw it coming. Last minute transfers that did not have any connection to the MD tradition and did not care about the supposed Mission of the school only had one purpose in their transferring to MD. That was to get a ring and move on. Even Steve Fryer was understanding that these kids and parents cared nothing of tradition and school culture, and their on-field and off field behavior proved that.

The end result is many MD alumni such as myself are walking away from caring about MD sports programs that I followed for years. Worse than now being consistently being disappointed in the new culture, we really don't care anymore "

Put me in that club. Though not an alum... I have been strongly following the program for decades and for the most part, just don't care anymore. The only area of interest left are the IMG type games which emotionally connect far differently than the MD vs Poly, Los Al, IKE days.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Bestcoast said:

DLS should have a inter squad scrimmage. NoCal all stars duking it out. 

If it makes you feel better to cry “we’re not the only ones doing it,” sob away 

DLS must really suck at it though — they have zero D1s and 190# starting linemen 

13 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

The ONLY reason the game was competitive is because The Stache benched their entire secondary and started 4 freshmen there.  DLS couldn't gain a yard on their veer, and may have ended up in negative rushing yards.  I was at the game

The stache could have started the LA Rams secondary and DLS still would have been more competitive that socal was ‘09 thru ‘12

im fact, everyone anywhere was more competitive than socal was in 2010

42-0 one play into 2nd half 

socal didn’t have a first down until almost Q4 when DLS had their JV call ups in

thank you for reminding us all what a true mismatch the SBGs used to be 

the games are much more competitive when socal puts all their best players on one team — funny way to get to competitive balance tho 

• Like 3

16 hours ago, 954gator said:

I honestly don't get it.   DLS had a horrible start vs MD and never laid down.   Game seemed competitive into the 4th.    Seems people have a selective memory.   Not every loaded team clicks like MD did in 17.   

Game was competitive into the 4th and DLS wins a couple or three times out 10 — dls just can’t turn it over as much as they have been in SBGs and expect to beat a team with 4* back ups at most positions 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Belly Bob said:

What shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?

That's what our Lord says anyway. 

"Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize." ~1 Corinthians 9:24

• Haha 3

26 minutes ago, Eddyr2 said:

"Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize." ~1 Corinthians 9:24

Why leave off 9:25? 

Since we've taken to pREACHING here, pretty much from a scripture that is widely used to teach self discipline as it pertains to the gospel and not about getting an actual trophy or whatever....

May as well post the entire thing so it's in context. xD

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Why leave off 9:25? 

Since we've taken to pREACHING here, pretty much from a scripture that is widely used to teach self discipline as it pertains to the gospel and not about getting an actual trophy or whatever....

May as well post the entire thing so it's in context. xD

I wasn’t the one bringing up bible quotes

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Eddyr2 said:

I wasn’t the one bringing up bible quotes

I'm not exactly being fussy about scripture being quoted. These are Catholic/Christian schools being discussed a lot on here. Pretty difficult to separate religion from a religious school... Right?

Wait a minute here...

I mean.... It isn't it? 

Right?

I was actually sort of entertained by the scripture twisting and stuff. As an aside, we do need to be easy on that stuff. It leads to stuff we don't necessarily want to have on the varsity side. This particular discussion seemed pretty benign as far as going off the rails to me though. I was just funning. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I'm not exactly being fussy about scripture being quoted. These are Catholic/Christian schools being discussed a lot on here. Pretty difficult to separate religion from a religious school... Right?

Wait a minute here...

I mean.... It isn't it? 

Right?

I was actually sort of entertained by the scripture twisting and stuff. As an aside, we do need to be easy on that stuff. It leads to stuff we don't necessarily want to have on the varsity side. This particular discussion seemed pretty benign as far as going off the rails to me though. I was just funning. 

i try not to get into the church stuff to much...on here that's for the Catholic.com forums...my user name there is Eddyr2...im very lazy when it come to usernames...

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Eddyr2 said:

This helps my case. You're in the spiritual race, not the physical one, and you want to win the incorruptible crown, not the corruptible one. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Wait a minute here...

I mean.... It isn't it? 

Right?

I'm getting the sense that not all religious schools have a hard time separating religion from school. 

I'm ready for religious war right here and right now, since I'm not a member of any other forum, so get your ban hammer ready to strike. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Belly Bob said:

I'm getting the sense that not all religious schools have a hard time separating religion from school. 

I'm ready for religious war right here and right now, since I'm not a member of any other forum, so get your ban hammer ready to strike. 

Hawg looking like a cartoon character of some sort. Maybe Wimpy from Popeye.

Sports school in the left hand.

Religious school in the right. 

Pretending to be a scale and testing for balance. 

Leaning hard left. 

Hell idk

Hahaha

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Belly Bob said:

When I was at MD I studied the Faith in both Rome and Israel...and to this day I  still speak to several theologians, priest and bishops u met at that time...MD’s religious Ed is amazing  

• Like 4