Trinity League comes to west Phoenix

Wooderson

12 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

What happened in the Eastside Catholic game? They got creamed. Mater Dei might beat them by 50. 

The allure of beating 3 loss STA has got to have worn off by now. This looks like a big mismatch on paper.

kudos to the coach for taking a game 99.99 percent of the rest of the country wouldn’t even consider 

Eastside was one of the most deceptive teams I've ever seen; deceptive in the sense that what I saw on tape versus how they actually played were very different entities. I also didn't agree with the approach in handling Eastside's stud d-end; he was allowed to work one-on-one against Centennial's soph tackles early and that threw a wrench in the Coyotes' offense. It may not have made a lot of difference but I wanted to see Centennial getting a fullback involved more in the early game plan against Tuimoloau; that's a young player that had been playing basketball four nights before the game and I'm making sure he's getting hit 2-3 times every play to see just how badly he wants to show-out in an exhibition game when he could be playing hoops.

Overall I don't think Centennial was ready for Eastside that night. Whether that was a reflection of a forgiving in-state schedule by the Coyotes or a young, talented Eastside squad peaking at the right time I don't know.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Wooderson said:

Next big OOS tilt for Peoria Centennial.

https://t.co/7U7D77O4O3

Excellent game!  Centennial AZ is really stepping up their schedule this year.  Could be a trap game for The Stache.

Centennial likes to out physical teams.  They like to be the tougher guys.  Cen10 will get that back in spades when the Trinity League shows up.  Good for them.  #Respect that coach.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Excellent game!  Centennial AZ is really stepping up their schedule this year.  Could be a trap game for The Stache.

Centennial likes to out physical teams.  They like to be the tougher guys.  Cen10 will get that back in spades when the Trinity League shows up.  Good for them.  #Respect that coach.

Told you a month ago this was in the works. My opinion of the probable outcome still stands!!! 

• Like 2

MD is loaded with elite talent and have an athletic QB... won't be easy, but who knows maybe a gritty D effort and some turnovers make the game close.   

Cen10 AZ has fared very well on D vs. OOS opponents overall.   Poly, STA, BG, Eastside Catholic   MD's O is well above these O's, but we'll see.   

When you have a good D, there's always a chance, even when your O is struggling and man oh man was Cen10's O struggling in the Geico game.  

The stats vs. Eastside Catholic were mind boggling.   I'm looking at a cell phone pic from ESPNU screen at halftime now that I took and Cen10 had 24 total yards and 1 first down.   One rushing yard.    I also recall a stat of something like 24 plays and 35 total yards through 3 quarters being mentioned on the broadcast and I don't think they had positive yardage in quarters 2 and 3.    

I'd rather not see STA's stats vs. Cen10 lol.   But another example,  a good D can keep you in the game even when the O is sputtering.  

2 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

It's the same schedule they had last year except with Mater Dei replacing Gorman. After accounting for graduation and coaching changes their in-state slate is probably worse than last year.

• Like 1

On 2/23/2019 at 5:48 AM, Bodysurf said:

Peoria Cen10 is a good game. MD can’t schedule a somebody like IMG every week! If you are predicting a score of 28-35 then you must think it will be a good game.

Think he’s predicting spread 

it’s not really an at risk game but to your point, there’s only a few teams that would fit that category for last couple of versions of MD (and MD plays them)

• Like 1

On 2/23/2019 at 7:53 AM, Bodysurf said:

Yes they are. In the OC I’d put Mission and CDM above VP.  They will be jumping into the deep end when they play MD. But it should help VP for when they make a deep run in the playoffs.

Obviously, the MV transfers will change the match ups. But, last year VP's freshman and JV did beat MV's freshman and JV teams. Both VP teams only lost to Servite. 

They are building something good at VP

• Like 2