Folsom TOSS UP

St. Francis - Mountain View WIN

Buchannon -Clovis WIN

St Mary’s -Stockton WIN

Monte Vista WIN

California WIN

Clayton Valley Charter WIN

San Ramon Valley WIN

This is a fairly challenging schedule. I’m of the opinion of that Coach A believes he has a team that can get it done. Stay tuned....Thoughts?

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Kalven said:

Considering the league teams are forced opponents it’s decent. The offense and defense will be opposite of what they were last year imo. Also Clayton Valley dropping to D2 is a travesty and every admin staff that okay’d that should be fired from the North Coast Section

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cal 14 said:

Both Cathedral Catholic and Narbonne have 2.

Ahh

i can always count on you — thanks 

I kept track better when there were 3-5 SBGs per year not 15 or so 

can you verify the other claim I made — that the 3 teams with most SBG titles are DLS, Central Catholic, and Folsom 

13 minutes ago, Pops said:

Ahh

can you verify the other claim I made — that the 3 teams with most SBG titles are DLS, Central Catholic, and Folsom 

Nocal has, and will always be 1-2 tiers below SoCal. 

Counseling may help y’all accept the reality. I’m pulling for you!

On 4/7/2019 at 1:47 PM, Extremely Humble said:

Folsom has a chance. Admittedly, a small one. They will have the 3 best players on the field that night. DLS won’t have the entire offseason to prepare for them again. 

On 4/7/2019 at 2:01 PM, Ararar said:

Ehh,I just don’t see them winning.Your best chance was last year or 2014

Daniyel Ngata, Elijhah Badger and DeShawn Lynch are all exceptional players who should be better than last season. But replacing the main guts of an entire coaching staff and their QB and top WR will be an extremely difficult mountain to climb and overcome.

DLS may or may not be able to match those three players, but they usually have a decided edge in the depth department and will run out 40-50 very good football players in a system/program that's proven to work.

IF the new coaching staff is able to pick up where the last one left off and not change much of anything and IF the new QB fits in seamlessly and IF the line play is at least as good as it was last season and IF Folsom doesn't shoot itself in the foot with the same mistakes they made on key plays last year --- they may have a shot to fare better than last season.

But that's a lot of IF's to overcome.

I liked Folsom's chances last season a lot more than I like their chances this season. But perhaps that's great news for Folsom.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Pops said:

Ahh

Yes, I believe that is true.  Folsom is #3 on the list.

6 hours ago, Pops said:

2 hours ago, Cal 14 said:

Yes, I believe that is true.  Folsom is #3 on the list.

During the State Bowl game (modern) era, here are the programs with at least 2 wins or more:

1. De La Salle, Concord 7-6
  2. Folsom 4-0
  3. Central Catholic, Modesto 4-1
  4. McClymonds, Oakland 3-0
  5. Mater Dei, Santa Ana 2-0
  6. Narbonne, Harbor City 2-0
  7. St. Bonaventure, Ventura 2-0
  8. St. John Bosco, Bellflower 2-0
  9. Cathedral Catholic, San Diego 2-1
  10. Sierra Canyon 2-1
  11. Madison, San Diego 2-1
  12. Oceanside 2-1
  13. Serra, Gardena 2-1
  14. Campolindo, Moraga 2-2

If the State Championships from 1914 through 1927 are included, Bakersfield HS would have the most State titles with 8. They also have the most section titles with 36.

• Thanks 2

9 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Folsom benefitted from "punching down" vs. So Cal #20-25 teams in the SBG. 

Good grief sammy

it wasn’t that long ago that the Pac5/ SSD1 champ didn’t even make the big game very regularly and now you want us to assume that’s where the top 20-25 teams in socal are?

2006 — No

2007 — No

2008 — yes but lost to Non-DLS Norcal team 

2009 — no

2010 — yes, but lost by 1,000,000

2011 — NO

2012 — yes but lost to a non-DLS Norcal team

2013 — the advent of the socal academy team — apparently SJB and MD taking all the good players makes the sun shine out of servite’s ass also 

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, Kalven said:

I'd love to see Folsom vs Oaks Christian or Mission Viejo. I think a team like Cen10 would beat Folsom convincingly.

Last year’s Centennial defense was somewhat of an anomaly.  In normal years, there’s no question that Folsom could score on them.  Most games would be a shootout.

50 minutes ago, Cal 14 said:

Last year’s Centennial defense was somewhat of an anomaly.  In normal years, there’s no question that Folsom could score on them.  Most games would be a shootout.

Lets’s not forget that CC is also 1-5 in bowl games and loses to DLS just like Folsom does. Closer games, usually, but loses nonetheless. And they lost to Palo Alto (who was a good team).

They are far from unbeatable. CC is typically more of an elite team but Folsom has had multiple teams the past 10 years that could have competed well and possibly beaten them. 2009, 2010, 2014, 2017, 2018. Probably a few others could have done well too but those 5 stand out.

• Like 3