Gimme your state's teams to watch (pre-transfer season edition)

Adam Kurkjian

38 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

they should be better than last year.  On both sides of the ball.  Bigger, stronger, faster and more experienced. 

I’m with you.

DVille will be a major load for any and everyone they play.

I will take take them in this game in Texas.Should be a good time though 

• Like 2

Duncanville has s mix of returning talent and upcoming talent.  

DE 6’4 275 (‘21) offer from Alabama A&M, considered one of their best DL. Was starting TE las year

DT 6’2 280 3 *** prospect, returning starter

DT 6’4 300

DE 6’5 265 very fast off the edge. (‘21) has done well in camps, expect several offers by end of spring

OLB 6’1 190 (‘21) #2 rated LB in TX, returning starter, several offers to include U of Ark 

ILB 6’2 250. (‘21)  4**** #3 rated ILB in country.4.6 speed. A physical freak 

OLB 6’0 200 4**** plays SS top 5 SS in country. the captain of the D, returning starter. Very physical and hard hitter 

* 2 starters return in the secondary   

——————————————- 

Offense has 7 returning starters: 3 X OL, QB, RB, 2 x WR 

*. DV has size, strength but speed is their strength

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Oldballcoach said:

I hear you but no I saw the text messages and the coach it came from in person. I know DM was contacted and admin said it would be addressed so I am assuming they did because it hasn’t come up again at any of the schools.

I believe you. My point was at DM that stuff stops at the admin process, at SFA the football coaches are the admins. 

On 5/4/2019 at 8:27 AM, Oldballcoach said:

public side (people probably not interested because they are not national programs)

Qunice Orchard - the favorite 

Wise - best talent in the state by far every year

North Point - always loaded with athletes can they prepare with the weak schedule

Franklin - added a tremendous coach to the staff McDonogh former HC as the DC

How’s that small public power, Oakdale, going to be this year? They destroyed everyone in their path last year. 

28 minutes ago, Omaha Vol said:

How’s that small public power, Oakdale, going to be this year? They destroyed everyone in their path last year. 

Good question graduated a lot but they pull from a great zone gonna have to reload a little. Replacing a D1 QB at that level is tough. Issue for them is 2A got a lot tougher with Milford Mill & Damascus (I believe)  now in their classification. They really came on the last three years. I could see a slight drop this year but nothing huge

7 hours ago, RedZone said:

Grayson didn't exactly blow Westlake out last year.

Grayson won the game 21-15, but it was pretty ugly both teams......I watched some of the replay.

Grayson did not score in the 2nd half...

No but the 3 decent teams Westlake played, Lowndes, Grayson, and DFB... They lost to. 

They may be decent but arent great.

On 5/4/2019 at 12:49 PM, SJR 04 said:

Bergen Catholic - returns a lot. They will be big, well coached, and deep with a few dynamic athletes. The question for them will be whether or not rising sophomore sensation Jaeden Gould will be able to play this season after suffering an injury a football camp this spring, and if they will be able to fill the void at RB left by Nebraska commit Rahmir Johnson.

St. Peter's Prep - they also return a lot and are excited to unveil the QB of the future in 6'5, 205lb Tahj Bullock. As usual they will be one of the most athletic teams in the league featuring big, fast, dynamic kids at the skill spots. They also return rising sophomore sensation Christian Lebrun who was penciled in to start as a freshman before suffering a season ending injury during a preseason scrimmage vs Irvington. Their soft out of league schedule could work for or against them. Time will tell... 

St. Joseph Regional - returns the most productive backfield in the BNU red. They will be big upfront on both lines with some key returnees at key positions. WR and LB will be positions of concern for the green knights as they will have to fill those voids through transfer portal or the JV. St. Joe's will go as far as second year QB Michael Alaimo takes them.

Don Bosco Prep - returns two of the most electric RB's in the BNU Red, a three year starter at QB, a legend to coach the offensive line, and a host of returners at the skill spots. They will be much more experienced from a coaching standpoint, however the area of concern is the offensive line. After losing two linemen to graduation and another starting lineman that transfered to Paramus Catholic, bosco will have to fill those voids either through the transfer portal or inserting kids that played JV last season.  

DePaul - they to return a lot as they were young last year. They will have huge voids to fill at QB and WR as Taquan Roberson and Ronnie Hickman are off to Penn State and Ohio State. They seem to have found the answer at QB in 6'5, 220lb Andrew Butler, but time will tell.

Paramus Catholic - was the youngest team in the league last year as they started mostly sophomores. They only lost two starters to graduation. They have hit the transfer scene hard this off season and expect to compete for it all. Will their coaches be able to get them over the hump will be the question. 

Mater Dei and  St. Augustine - will become new names when referring to the "Sig 6" of New Jersey as they are quietly building power house programs. Last season St. Augs was St. Joe's toughest opponent in the playoffs and Mater Dei beat DePaul before losing a nail biter to Red Bank Catholic in the State chip. They have momentum in that part of the state witch is home to some of the states best talent. They are my dark horses.

The St. Augustine vs. SJR game was a nail biter and an exciting one to watch.  I can’t remember his name but St. Augustine has a kid who doubles as  a defensive tackle (I think) and RB.  And not on 4th-and-goal at the 1 type situations.  Kid can MOVE and broke some serious long runs into the open field.  It was crazy to watch.  I imagine he will be a major D-1 recruit if he is t already.

12 minutes ago, Hardcore Troubador said:

The St. Augustine vs. SJR game was a nail biter and an exciting one to watch.  I can’t remember his name but St. Augustine has a kid who doubles as  a defensive tackle (I think) and RB.  And not on 4th-and-goal at the 1 type situations.  Kid can MOVE and broke some serious long runs into the open field.  It was crazy to watch.  I imagine he will be a major D-1 recruit if he is t already.

Isaiah Rikes. He has major power 5 offers as a DL.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Wosinc said:

Why?

I really don't care much for these "build a team" high schools from the East and their followers who believe it's an indication of the brand of football played in said state or region.

I guess Virginia is great basketball state because they have Oak Hill Academy.......and, so on.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RedZone said:

I really don't care much for these "build a team" high schools from the East and their followers who believe it's an indication of the brand of football played in said state or region.

I guess Virginia is great basketball state because they have Oak Hill Academy.......and, so on.

Of the 60 plus returning players on the SJC team all but two grew up in the DMV within 45 minutes of the school. Oak Hill? Give me a break.

7 minutes ago, WCACguy said:

Of the 60 plus returning players on the SJC team all but two grew up in the DMV within 45 minutes of the school. Oak Hill? Give me a break.

45 min can be quite a large footprint.   

Of the 60 returning kids, how many transferred to SJC in the past 2 seasons? 

36 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

45 min can be quite a large footprint.   

Of the 60 returning kids, how many transferred to SJC in the past 2 seasons? 

Three (came in as soph/juniors)  last year...the number of transfers is greatly exaggerated...other than one year (3 years ago) when Gilman had a coaching change and three players went to SJC along with 3/4 others there has not been a year where more than 3/4 have transferred in...and not many private schools (including a few in the WCAC) can say that.

• Like 1