Gofundme Wall Begins Construction

Slotback Right

45 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

Without the proper permits, that bad boy is coming down. Lol!

Not if , as they claim, a representative of the city gave them the okay to start building. 

Kris Kobach, general counsel for We Build the Wall, said in a statement that building, development and rock wall permits had been filed, and that city inspectors had given the project a green light before Memorial Day weekend.

“We were then instructed by the same city officials that we were good to proceed with construction over the holiday weekend and that we would not have any issues being shut down,” Kobach said.

http:// whnt.com/2019/05/29/city-says-private-border-wall-didnt-have-building-permit-and-orders-construction-to-cease-and-desist/

21 hours ago, NotBigdaddybloom said:

It’s time gentlemen...leave the plantation! Live free, think for yourselves! You’re nothing but a vote to the angry white leftist elite! Let’s look at what we have in common...

football

bbq

guns

beer

fishing/hunting

Trump

we welcome everyone!

You gotta be fucking with me... 

The irony here is retardedly astounding... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/29/2019 at 4:07 PM, AztecPadre said:

Without the proper permits, that bad boy is coming down. Lol!

So much for that little hiccup. The city backed down and the work is being finished. The "We Build the Wall" group says 10 other projects are in the works. 

Sunland Park Mayor Javier Perea said his email and voicemail were clogged with thousands of messages, some calling him racist slurs and others threatening to "come down and shoot us all."

Perea's small border town, around six miles (10 km) northwest of El Paso, Texas, ordered the project to stop on Tuesday, saying it lacked building permits.

Construction was resumed within 36 hours, however, after the city rushed through necessary approvals for the group We Build the Wall, which expects to complete the project within days.

The Florida-based group has raised $23 million via crowd-funding site GoFundMe.com to build private border walls to halt smuggling and a surge in undocumented migrants, after funding for President Donald Trump's promised wall was blocked.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/new-mexico-town-gets-death-threats-after-halting-crowd-funded-border-wall/ar-AAC9SHH

• Thumbs Down 1

On 5/29/2019 at 4:28 PM, Sportsnut said:

Not just that but the city has a 6 ft. Limit on fences.

From the mayor of Sunland Park, NM

"Upon further investigation, we have determined that this is under an M-2, which is industrial zoning and does allow up to 35 feet, as we understand at this moment," Perea said."Because of the fact that this was going so quick, there had been some issues that did not allow the staff to properly vet the entire case."

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Countries do not pay tariffs companies and consumers pay tariffs. Jarhead economics 101: 😎example. Dos Equis will now be taxed at a higher rate and will therefore pass on the increase to the consumer. Therefore we can all get ready to start paying $15.99 for a six pack of Dos Equis and other beers.  But you're free to think Mexico is going to pay for that big beautiful wall sorry it's going to be the taxpayers right here in the United States

5 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Countries do not pay tariffs companies and consumers pay tariffs. Jarhead economics 101: 😎

DING DING DING.....

giphy.gif

We have a winner !!!

But I thought we already covered that with the right... actually "willing to pay for something"  for a change...remember?

giphy.gif

Curious tho… for anyone that might have happened to already know this....

say at the time of a frothing and bubbly pep-rally....

The very first time you heard it......You STILL took it seriously? (you covered it with like a page long response remember?)

I mean we know MSM took it seriously (or were seriously trolled)….given they kept asking for the check, they of course must believe that it's just the 'country' that pays.........no? 

1 hour ago, DevilDog said:

Countries do not pay tariffs companies and consumers pay tariffs. Jarhead economics 101: 😎example. Dos Equis will now be taxed at a higher rate and will therefore pass on the increase to the consumer. Therefore we can all get ready to start paying $15.99 for a six pack of Dos Equis and other beers.  But you're free to think Mexico is going to pay for that big beautiful wall sorry it's going to be the taxpayers right here in the United States

So what's the problem? Just don't buy Mexican beer, and you won't have to worry about any increase in the price.

• Haha 1

Aye yi yi you guys think in the most simplistic terms. I understand the limitations of a marine, but come on. There are a couple of different tariffs, however both are collected by...

Who Collects a Tariff? 

Tariffs are paid to the customs authority of the country imposing the tariff. Tariffs on imports coming into the United States, for example, are collected by Customs and Border Protection, acting on behalf of the Commerce Department. In the U.K., it's HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC)that collects the money.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/border-patrol-group-1-036-migrants-largest-ever-231818638--politics.html

I’m sure the moms pushing 3 strollers will be productive members of society and net positives in terms of production vs entitlements they will receive. Plus, the men who can’t even speak English or even write in Spanish.... I’m sure a few of them will be the next Stravinsky or Einstein. 

• Like 2

On 5/29/2019 at 1:18 PM, DevilDog said:

Now now let's not change the paradigm.  I don't remember detail plans about them paying in tariffs or other so called means. I was told they would pay.  Could you give me one example of them dropping a few Pesos the last 3 years?Last I heard they were blaming the Democrats for not funding it.  I didn't know the Democrats were Mexicans? 🤣 is it Mexico, Vermont, Democrats or Tariffs that's gonna pay?  I'm voting on the Tax payers like old Vicente said.  

I'm not sure exactly how Trump was going to make Mexico pay for the wall. Did he say he wasn't going to charge them with higher tariffs? I just don't remember. 

1 hour ago, Cat_Scratch said:

I'm not sure exactly how Trump was going to make Mexico pay for the wall. Did he was he wasn't going to charge them with higher tariffs? I just don't remember. 

DD posted it on page one... (did he slip?🤔)

Even before he had the republican nomination,

or all the giddy cheerleader pep rallies....

He was jumped on and ridiculed with the whole "check thingy";....

From day one it was coming out of the trade deficit....

The rest is just showmanship and trolling from both sides...

You'll see it around the  :50 mark in the clip for verification...

4 hours ago, Cat_Scratch said:

I'm not sure exactly how Trump was going to make Mexico pay for the wall. Did he say he wasn't going to charge them with higher tariffs? I just don't remember. 

Bro how long do you think raising tariffs on Mexican companies will it take to build the wall that just got 10ft higher?  Those Coming Tariffs already got American companies on edge.  Companies pay tariffs not countries.  He's taxing consumer goods which will hurt Mexico and the U.S.. It sounds good for his base but reality IMHO will be harsh.  If it works 👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DevilDog said:

Bro how long do you think raising tariffs on Mexican companies will it take to build the wall that just got 10ft higher?  Those Coming Tariffs already got American companies on edge.  Companies pay tariffs not countries.  He's taxing consumer goods which will hurt Mexico and the U.S.. It sounds good for his base but reality IMHO will be harsh.  If it works 👍

True it 'could'  be harsh as some trade wars can....

But if the trade deficit number quoted is anywhere CLOSE to the number quoted in your video just above (I don't generally buy those speech quotes),  

But a RUNNING deficit  RATE of $58 BILLION per ?  Well over a billon going out every week?

a  balanced trade baseline would build your wall in what.... a few weeks? lol

Seems simple to see why he ran on a platform of everyone else is eating our lunch in trade....so let him fix it...

23 minutes ago, Troll said:

But if the trade deficit number quoted is anywhere CLOSE to the number quoted in your video just above (I don't generally buy those speech quotes)

But a RUNNING deficit  RATE of $58 BILLION per ?  Well over a billon going out every week?

a  balance trade standard would build your wall in what.... a few weeks? lol

Seems simple to see why he ran on a platform of everyone else is eating our lunch in trade....so let him fix it...

I surely have the patience to see it to fruition.  But I think this will be the outcome if it comes to be.  

Now my friend you love gif's.  This is a metaphor even with a wall or so called wall a human will find a way to beat it.  You know like a 25' ladder beats a 20' wall. 

Image result for WILE E COYOTE WALL GIF

Image result for TRUMP GIFS

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, DevilDog said:

I surely have the patience to see it to fruition.  But I think this will be the outcome if it comes to be.  

Now my friend you love gif's.  This is a metaphor even with a wall or so called wall a human will find away to beat it.  You know like a 25' ladder beats a 20' wall. 

Image result for TRUMP GIFS

Image result for WILE E COYOTE WALL GIF

AWESOME... the left can't complain then.....

as their friends the illegals can still get in...🤣

giphy.gif

They should just let them build it then...

The left will have no worries....

and the right will feel safer with their wall and have no more worries

giphy.gif

You are a genius, man....😁

• Haha 2

On 6/2/2019 at 12:12 AM, DevilDog said:

I know brother... I just can't get with any of the politics lately... It's draining all of us.

• Like 1

On 6/2/2019 at 12:20 AM, Troll said:

But if the trade deficit number quoted is anywhere CLOSE to the number quoted in your video just above (I don't generally buy those speech quotes),  

a  balanced trade baseline would build your wall in what.... a few weeks? lol

There is a deficit but deeper looking into each and it's easy to understand the Mexican deficit.  Most are for auto parts if I'm not mistaken that is cheaper built in Mexico for Amercan auto companies.   So now my radiator will be 1500.00.  You're smart bro look into it. 

This is not a political issue (well, it is for the dems). What do Mexican (and Central American etc) nationals have to do with OUR politics? This is a socio-economic issue with Mexico. Tax the shit outta Mexico until they simply do their job on their side. I’ll gladly pay 5.00 for an avocado to get it done. ILLEGAL immigration costs the US 200B annually. Mexico has made it an economic problem. Tariffs are completely appropriate. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Blueliner said:

This is not a political issue (well, it is for the dems). What do Mexican (and Central American etc) nationals have to do with OUR politics? This is a socio-economic issue with Mexico. Tax the shit outta Mexico until they simply do their job on their side. I’ll gladly pay 5.00 for an avocado to get it done. ILLEGAL immigration costs the US 200B annually. Mexico has made it an economic problem. Tariffs are completely appropriate. 

It’s not just about you being willing to pay more for vegetables as if it’s a direct sale from Mexico to you.  There are American businesses, middlemen, that are a part of the process or depend on Mexican materials for their end product.  So American businesses can suffer too.  

I don’t think we should fix social problems with tariffs.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

It’s not just about you being willing to pay more for vegetables as if it’s a direct sale from Mexico to you.  There are American businesses, middlemen, that are a part of the process or depend on Mexican materials for their end product.  So American businesses can suffer too.  

I don’t think we should fix social problems with tariffs.

I understand that. HF, there is a simple solution to this. Seriously. Build the effing wall. 5.6B is a drop in the bucket. If it doesn’t work, you guys can blame Trump all day. For pubs, it makes us feel safer and keeps our desire to be a sovereign nation intact. If it works, it’s a win-win for everyone....well except dems...and we know why. Tax ‘em. It won’t last long. Mexico’s economy will not be able to absorb this for long and they already know it. Our economy will be ...inconvenienced ...and we will continue to steam right along. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Blueliner said:

I understand that. HF, there is a simple solution to this. Seriously. Build the effing wall. 5.6B is a drop in the bucket. If it doesn’t work, you guys can blame Trump all day. For pubs, it makes us feel safer and keeps our desire to be a sovereign nation intact. If it works, it’s a win-win for everyone....well except dems...and we know why. Tax ‘em. It won’t last long. Mexico’s economy will not be able to absorb this for long and they already know it. Our economy will be ...inconvenienced ...and we will continue to steam right along. 

Aaah, don’t forget what we are also in a tariff battle with China. 

• Like 1