How will SFA react when MD punches them in the mouth?

Rcmore

5 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Even the coach of one of the bottom feeders in the Trinity League admits it.

“We're not high school football,” said Pat Harlow, who played eight seasons in the NFL and is now the head coach at the Trinity League’s JSerra High School. “To compare us to most high school football would be absolutely wrong. Our programs are run more at a collegiate level.”

Well if you’re going to rerun stuff

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Eddyr2 said:

Well if you’re going to rerun stuff

Damn, that's a beautiful facility huh?

Saw my coach in there today. He's growing a beard as a bet with the boys. It grows until they lose. I'm hoping it becomes a Duck Dynasty looking beard...

Just making sure that everyone sees that even the coaches of these teams know they aren't hsfb teams

1 minute ago, Eddyr2 said:

Hey say what you will about Catholic schools at least they aren't using tax payers money 

#diyschools

I could care less whether it's Catholic or Satanist. That makes no difference in how they operate their football programs. 

Then play regular hsfb teams and thump their chests when getting ranked above them in hsfb rankings, while their coaches admit they aren't hsfb teams.

Y'all got a lot of spinning to do to clear that mess up. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Nah, we just need to stop calling these teams high school football teams. They don't operate like them. 

They shouldn't be either ranked or judged against, nor play actual high school football teams. 

The disparity is that far gone now. 

Put on your big boy pants and strap the helmet on. Go get you some lil’ fella.

• Haha 1

Just now, HawgGoneIt said:

I could care less whether it's Catholic or Satanist. That makes no difference in how they operate their football programs. 

Then play regular hsfb teams and thump their chests when getting ranked above them in hsfb rankings, while their coaches admit they aren't hsfb teams.

Youre right...if a school has a unfair advantage, like let’s say a gaint indoor practice facility, they shouldn’t play schools that don’t have them...Y'all got a lot of spinning to do to clear that mess up

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Eddyr2 said:

Youre right...if a school has a unfair advantage, like let’s say a gaint indoor practice facility, they shouldn’t play schools that don’t have them...Y'all got a lot of spinning to do to clear that mess up

Again totally different than filling positions with multistar athletes. 

Driving them in from over an hour away. 

Hahaha. 

No spinning needed. Our football team still operates like a high school football team. Period.

6 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

It’s a pretty simple solution to this, just don’t play them. If you are going to schedule them, you have no leg to stand on. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

We don't schedule them. 

Then, why do you care? The other teams are playing them, plenty of people don’t. And I completely understand why. But, as long as these schools play them, to continue to beat this dead horse is like pissing in the wind. 

By the way, I’m not a huge fan of the IMG/SFA model. I actually think they’re constructed differently than Mater Dei/Bosco. I also don’t think SFA will be around for the long haul. I think if they win the MNC this year, they will tone down what they’re doing. 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, GREYHOUNDALUM said:

By the way, I’m not a huge fan of the IMG/SFA model. I actually think they’re constructed differently than Mater Dei/Bosco.

Mater Dei and SJB are two of the handful of teams out there capable of beating the actual "academy" teams like IMG and SFA. This fact seems to have got under the skin of a fair number of posters on this board so they now reflexively lump MD and SJB in with the IMGs and SFAs of the world in an attempt to disparage them. These people are generally clueless and coming around to a position of reality would be too disruptive to the narrative that they've constructed in an attempt to claim moral superiority.

• Like 7

26 minutes ago, dntn31 said:

Mater Dei and SJB are two of the handful of teams out there capable of beating the actual "academy" teams like IMG and SFA. This fact seems to have got under the skin of a fair number of posters on this board so they now reflexively lump MD and SJB in with the IMGs and SFAs of the world in an attempt to disparage them. These people are generally clueless and coming around to a position of reality would be too disruptive to the narrative that they've constructed in an attempt to claim moral superiority.

D0720698-32CD-4850-A0F2-B1C419A35463.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, dntn31 said:

Does IMG have anything like this?

https://www.materdei.org/apps/pages/index.jsp?uREC_ID=670558&type=d&pREC_ID=116566

none of the MD “HoFers” are being recognized for what they did in athletics. They are being recognized for there work in Government, the arts, social justice and/or charity.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, GREYHOUNDALUM said:

Then, why do you care? The other teams are playing them, plenty of people don’t. And I completely understand why. But, as long as these schools play them, to continue to beat this dead horse is like pissing in the wind. 

By the way, I’m not a huge fan of the IMG/SFA model. I actually think they’re constructed differently than Mater Dei/Bosco. I also don’t think SFA will be around for the long haul. I think if they win the MNC this year, they will tone down what they’re doing. 

Clearly. So, the point is, to get the other schools to stop playing them. 

Idc if they all play each other. Idc if they exist at all. My problem is ranking them with hsfb teams when even their coaches admit they aren't hsfb teams. 

They don't function in any form like a hsfb team. The coach from JSerra's words. Not mine. 

When you rank them with actual hsfb teams, then teams feel like they have to, or often even are forced by state associations to play them, either in region brackets or state games. 

Thus, the dead horse. Tyvm. 

8 hours ago, dntn31 said:

You are either a hsfb team, or, you're not. 

The JSerra coach says they aren't and JSerra isn't half of what MD or SJB are. 

It's not about moral superiority at all. It's about the huge disparity in rules and actions between how some schools operate vs. the majority of the schools in the USA. 

Then playing the normally operating schools, being ranked against and with them. 

The only similarity between these schools and the vast majority of schools in the USA is the age group participating. 

11 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Anyway, I picked MD to win in this first meeting of these two juco teams. 

I don't generally watch much college ball. I'll follow along on score stream or something while watching some high school football from somewhere. 

You could boycott private school priviledge by going to s theatre and watch a movie like @Horsefly did when DLS came to Texas.

#IMG vs SJP

#SJB vs OLGC

#SJC vs Duncanville

#DLS vs

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Even the coach of one of the bottom feeders in the Trinity League admits it.

“We're not high school football,” said Pat Harlow, who played eight seasons in the NFL and is now the head coach at the Trinity League’s JSerra High School. “To compare us to most high school football would be absolutely wrong. Our programs are run more at a collegiate level.”

https://sports.yahoo.com/drone-film-and-hourlong-commutes-inside-one-of-the-countrys-top-high-school-football-leagues-193249153.html

Yet, these same clowns bark at NorCal publics "You can't beat us! You are scared!" LMFAO!

Comical. 

3 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

You are either a hsfb team, or, you're not. 

The JSerra coach says they aren't and JSerra isn't half of what MD or SJB are. 

It's not about moral superiority at all. It's about the huge disparity in rules and actions between how some schools operate vs. the majority of the schools in the USA. 

Then playing the normally operating schools, being ranked against and with them. 

The only similarity between these schools and the vast majority of schools in the USA is the age group participating. 

JSerra coach is talking about the way the programs are ran, not that they are actually college programs. 

You’re not to bright are you?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Of course not, but the rules disparity is huge at this point. It doesn't make any sense logically to classify the teams together. 

It’s unfair that public school use federal taxpayers money to fund football team...

”but the federal funding didn’t go to the football team.”

if any from the school went to sports then taxer funding supported the football team. Doesn’t matter if you earmarked it differently in the Ledger.

public schools have an unfair advantage, since my federal tax pay for those kids to go to school and play sports.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Eddyr2 said:

It’s unfair that public school use federal taxpayers money to fund football team...

”but the federal funding didn’t go to the football team.”

if any from the school went to sports then taxer funding supported the football team. Doesn’t matter if you earmarked it differently in the Ledger.

public schools have an unfair advantage, since my federal tax pay for those kids to go to school and play sports.

You are a total clown.

You forgot to mention YOU attended MD, a private school, for FREE. 

• Confused 1