How will SFA react when MD punches them in the mouth?

Rcmore

3 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

We gonna take it to litigation. 

That's the SoCal playbook anytime them playing loose with the rules is brought up by any opposing teams from their region. 

No need to reply. My point was made. 

These are Catholic schools that will fight back when they are being persecuted.  The way it should be. A true free country. 

Just now, AztecPadre said:

Money talks. Like a wise man once said "straight cash homie".

You understand my point though, I'm sure. 

They aren't "technically" violating any rules... just the spirit of those rules. 

When people attempt to bring them to task on it, they go next level again. 

On here, suddenly it's some kind of Catholic bias or they just can't understand the argument. 

In the real world, when schools around them ask for tightening of the rules or a change in the language to stop them playing loose with them, then they threaten litigation. 

2 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

Money talks. Like a wise man once said "straight cash homie".

But then again you should know this. How much did probst top out at 130-140k a year? How much was that indoor practice field? What's the average salary of everybody else in the school district? Like teachers and office help, maintenance folk. You feel me.

2 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

These are Catholic schools that will fight back when they are being persecuted.  The way it should be. A true free country. 

So if they feel like they should be able to operate however they want, let them, but make them play separate from those that intend on following the rules as they were intended. 

1 minute ago, HawgGoneIt said:

You understand my point though, I'm sure. 

They aren't "technically" violating any rules... just the spirit of those rules. 

When people attempt to bring them to task on it, they go next level again. 

On here, suddenly it's some kind of Catholic bias or they just can't understand the argument. 

In the real world, when schools around them ask for tightening of the rules or a change in the language to stop them playing loose with them, then they threaten litigation. 

One school did that years ago. So you condemn everybody over one situation? Come on bro. You better.

1 minute ago, AztecPadre said:

But then again you should know this. How much did probst top out at 130-140k a year? How much was that indoor practice field? What's the average salary of everybody else in the school district? Like teachers and office help, maintenance folk. You feel me.

This practice field thing is a funny false equivelency btw. 

That IPF doesn't play football. It doesn't allow anyone from two hours away to be on the field for Colquitt. It doesn't do any of those things. 

Just now, HawgGoneIt said:

So if they feel like they should be able to operate however they want, let them, but make them play separate from those that intend on following the rules as they were intended. 

They are breaking zero rules. Private schools do not have district boundaries.  Why are you making me state the obvious? Did somebody kick your dog today or something?

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, dntn31 said:

The CIF and CIFSS do have rules that MD and SJB operate under which are the same for every other school in those areas. You seem to be implying that there is some sort of rule breaking that is happening specifically at these schools. You should stop beating around the bush and lay it all out for us how MD and SJB are breaking these rules.

@HawgGoneIt 

No reply? You too busy with the low hanging fruit? 😘

5 hours ago, Eddyr2 said:

It’s unfair that public school use federal taxpayers money to fund football team...

”but the federal funding didn’t go to the football team.”

if any from the school went to sports then taxer funding supported the football team. Doesn’t matter if you earmarked it differently in the Ledger.

public schools have an unfair advantage, since my federal tax pay for those kids to go to school and play sports.

You can't be serious?

No way.

BGW

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, HawgGoneIt said:

what rules? District boundaries? District boundaries relate to taxes payers funding. Catholic school are DIY, why would those "rules" apply to them? beyond that, several public schools have open enrollment, are they breaking the rules? 

2 hours ago, dntn31 said:

@HawgGoneIt 

No reply? You too busy with the low hanging fruit? 😘

I could imply a lot of stuff for days and days. When the CIF is too weak and or turning a blind eye to potential wrong doing because they are constantly afraid of litigation...

We've been through this all before multiple times on here. 

At the minimum, the Trinity League teams are violating the spirit of the rules. At the minimum. 

Anytime, any one, including the CIF mentions a possible change in wording that would affect the ability of these schools to violate the spirit of the rules, litigation is immediately brought up and the CIF folds with some weird or stupid letter fussing about what they see, but doing nothing. 

I'm too lazy to go dig up all the different threads from across the times we have seen this come up. 

They may or may not be directly violating rules. Things like actively recruiting players either vicariously through their other players or directly through camps and tourneys. I can't say. I have no contacts there. 

I do know this has been hashed a few times right here. At the minimum they are violating the spirit of the rules. And threaten litigation anytime there is any pressure mounting on the CIF to do something. 

5 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

At the minimum, the Trinity League teams are violating the spirit of the rules.

This is America...The basis of our criminal justice system and our Republic is “innocent till proven guilty”… Not “guilty until proven that you’re not breaking the spirit of the rule”...

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Eddyr2 said:

This is America...The basis of our criminal justice system and our Republic is “innocent till proven guilty”… Not “guilty until proven that you’re not breaking the spirit of the rule”...

When the only oversight you have is from a government that is too weak or poor to make sure their rules are followed and/or enforced properly... 

There is no criminal justice system, nor any justice for those being wronged. 

Not sure we are talking about a criminal justice system by the way. I'm thinking there are differences between a CIF attempting to enforce or adjust their rules, and say, a US Criminal Justice System

When rules are written, there is a result hoped for by having written the rule. 

Sometimes, the wording is such that smooth operators can and do play loose with the rule, thereby violating the intent. 

This can be true right? Sure it can. 

So, this being the case, the writers of the rule have to either change or adjust the wording as such, so as to keep the smooth operator from playing loose with it. Right? 

Of course that's right. 

So, then we get a stalemate when this "writer of the rule" is too scared or too broke to defend litigation. 

That doesn't make the smooth operator right. It just means they're still able to continue playing loose with the rule in the face of understanding they are playing loose... Simply because they are "richer" than the writer of the rule. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I could imply a lot of stuff for days and days. When the CIF is too weak and or turning a blind eye to potential wrong doing because they are constantly afraid of litigation...

We've been through this all before multiple times on here. 

At the minimum, the Trinity League teams are violating the spirit of the rules. At the minimum. 

Anytime, any one, including the CIF mentions a possible change in wording that would affect the ability of these schools to violate the spirit of the rules, litigation is immediately brought up and the CIF folds with some weird or stupid letter fussing about what they see, but doing nothing. 

I'm too lazy to go dig up all the different threads from across the times we have seen this come up. 

They may or may not be directly violating rules. Things like actively recruiting players either vicariously through their other players or directly through camps and tourneys. I can't say. I have no contacts there. 

I do know this has been hashed a few times right here. At the minimum they are violating the spirit of the rules. And threaten litigation anytime there is any pressure mounting on the CIF to do something. 

So, a nothingburger. Got it, thanks for clearing that up.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1