It's Still All About The Stache and the Trinity League

Sammyswordsman

It's been 3 years, and the body count continues to rise for the Stache and the Trinity League.  East coast experts were in fear of SFA, calling them a JUCO team, and were licking their chops for the opportunity to finally shut down The Stache. and shut up the disrespectful Cali posters.  Once the pads came on it was evident from the start that SFA was a Tier or two below the Monarchs.  In retrospect, last years IMG team was better than the SFA team we saw tonight. 

In game one of the Trinity League vs. the USA, SJB over powered a very good OLGC team.

In game two, Milton handed JSerra a win with dubious play calling out of contempt for the "soft" Orange County Cali team.  Milton coaches had zero respect for JSerra, and their arrogance lost their kids the game.   Milton did have the most vocal fan base of the opposing teams.

In game three, The Stache seals the deal for So Cal football and the Trinity League rolls to a 3-0 record vs. the very best teams that accepted the challenge. 

All in all its been a great preseason, one of the best ever for fans of elite inter sectional match ups.  Congrats also to Duncanville for acception a game and securing an impressive win over what was  thought to be an elite SJC team. And lastly thanks to @GardenStateBaller for making this 2019 preseason the best ever for fans and players alike.

• Thanks 2
  • Like 6

@Sammyswordsman would you agree with me that JSerra has been disappointing overall despite their record? I want to give SJR credit as they are very good, and perhaps better than people thought going into the season. I would surmise that JSerra is not as good as people thought. I don’t like to speak bad about high school kids but Booty has been a huge disappointment at QB, so much so he got yanked yesterday. I think people, including me, were anticipating JSerra to roll in these games but but clearly they have struggled to victory instead.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Open enrollment = Private 

No it doesn’t.  opening your mouth and saying ignorant things doesn’t make it fact. Learn about what open enrollment is first then speak.  You still know nothing about TX.  

Whats required of a varsity athlete that enrolls into an open district?  Do you even know or assume that athlete is good to go? 

• Thumbs Down 1

9 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Not speaking of xfers. Any 8th grader in the Dallas area can attend DV for high school is what I was told this weekend. Is that a lie? I was also told that three junior high youth football programs are currently feeding DV. That’s as “private” as it gets. 

Every HS in TX has middle school feeders, how is this an adv for Duncanville?  

So now football superiority is based on the ability of 8th graders to attend a HS?  😂 

what do you think has a more immediate impact: developing talent or picking up a transfer that has already proven themselves on varsity?  DV can’t do the latter with open enrollment

6 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

It’s possible. DVs top player on D transferred from a Mesquite school. Is that not true? 

His transfer form was signed off by his losing school mesquite horn, the sign off means the transfer is for legit reasons and not athletic. This is the same player that is out for the season too.  

it is not possible for a varsity player to transfer to open enrollment without having the transfer approved by the LOSING school.  They verify it’s not for athletic reasons.  If it is they lose eligibility for a year.  Duncanville had 2 star players impacted by this rule a few years back 

6 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Didn’t your 7a state Champs lose to a down JSerra??

Last years 

They also lost to a 5A school here in GA the week before. Milton controlled a lot of that game & made a boneheaded play at the end. That Milton team has 0 chance of winning state this year, they dont have the hosses. Miltons D is pretty good But neither team was anything to write home about.  

Last years 6A state champ lost to a 3A team.... 40-17.

Last years 4A state champ has already lost to another 4A team.

Last years 3A champ lost to McEachern last night 29-7.

Last years 2A state champ is 0-3

Im not sure last year has anything to do with this year.

4 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

How about a really good Frosh or JV player? Anyone can say they’re transferring for non-athletic reasons. This is done all the time in other states with similar rules. 

If they aren’t varsity then the sign off is not necessary.  The sign off is not from the player,  but from the losing school coach and admin,  typically they have insight into what’s really going on.

So now you are hedging your comment on some really good JV player, when in reality most really good JV players are already on varsity.  Frosh too. 

11 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Last years 

They also lost to a 5A school here in GA the week before. Milton controlled a lot of that game & made a boneheaded play at the end. That Milton team has 0 chance of winning state this year, they dont have the hosses. Miltons D is pretty good But neither team was anything to write home about.  

Last years 6A state champ lost to a 3A team.... 40-17.

Last years 4A state champ has already lost to another 4A team.

Last years 3A champ lost to McEachern last night 29-7.

Last years 2A state champ is 0-3

Im not sure last year has anything to do with this year.

Didn’t Colquitt just lose to a 5a school surely they have no shot at winning states then 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Bodysurf said:

@Sammyswordsman would you agree with me that JSerra has been disappointing overall despite their record? I want to give SJR credit as they are very good, and perhaps better than people thought going into the season. I would surmise that JSerra is not as good as people thought. I don’t like to speak bad about high school kids but Booty has been a huge disappointment at QB, so much so he got yanked yesterday. I think people, including me, were anticipating JSerra to roll in these games but but clearly they have struggled to victory instead.

Agreed.

• Thanks 1