Texas Guys.... Check this out

FootballGuy

2 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

So by putting on this production, shouting in his best WWE rasslin' voice at other states and teams, he's forcing something? 

I guess one could make that leap. 

He’s trying 

wasn't long ago a football coach in Georgia was on a soapbox shouting about something similar 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Ararar said:

He’s trying 

wasn't long ago a football coach in Georgia was on a soapbox shouting about something similar 

Rush was asking for a playoff. I remember a lot of you guys acting like idiots and calling him a clown too. 

This guy in the interview in this thread isn't asking for any such thing. He's spouting misinformation and calling out a state. xD

1 minute ago, Ararar said:

National trumps regional not even a debate.

if a HSNC ever comes to fruition Texas dollars will become scraps to the money generated by the networks and you know this.

You do know the UIL is run by UT Austin.  the UiL is not a separate state education agency.  They’ve been at this a hell of a lot longer than any national network new start with waaay more money. Like I said, you guys stop acting like you know so much.  You’re clueless on this type of stuff.  And they make a ton of money, they make a part of gate receipts for all playoff games.  

3 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

He’s not forcing anything but making himself look silly.  

If you want to create an alliance then engage on a professional/personal manner and actually, I dunno make allies, friends  

It would seem to me Texas doesn’t care to work with anybody but the dollar 💵 

so yeah less tactful approach seems necessary 

1 minute ago, Horsefly said:

You do know the UIL is run by UT Austin.  the UiL is not a separate state education agency.  They’ve been at this a hell of a lot longer than any national network new start with waaay more money. Like I said, you guys stop acting like you know so much.  You’re clueless on this type of stuff.  And they make a ton of money, they make a part of gate receipts for all playoff games.  

😂 ok play big bank take little bank with networks...UIL isn’t winning that

8 minutes ago, Ararar said:

National trumps regional not even a debate.

if a HSNC ever comes to fruition Texas dollars will become scraps to the money generated by the networks and you know this.

Then you would get a Texas all star team nothing like before. But this is not going to happen anytime soon. Right now the biggest draw in Highschool sports is the Texas Highschool state championship games. That's a fact.

I think Rush's plan actually got put into action to some extent with the GEICO games. 

That's the start that Negro should be working from if it's actually a real national championship he's working for. 

Why hasn't he played in the GEICO games yet? That's the closest thing to a playoff there is. 

Instead of going to the CIF and pleading to play in those games he's in the press calling out Texas public schools. 

Lol

14 minutes ago, Ararar said:

😂 ok play big bank take little bank with networks...UIL isn’t winning that

Little bank?  Who do you think is one of the richest colleges in the US?  

Do you think they are going to relinquish that power and control to some fly by night, start up?  You OOS guys are silly.  We’ve been telling you  this for years.  

Negro needs to focus on working on the GEICO instead of calling out texas like Hawg stated.  

Just now, Horsefly said:

Do you think they are going to relinquish that power and control to some fly by night, start up?  You OOS guys are silly.  We’ve been telling you  this for years.  

Negro needs to focus on working on the GEICO instead of calling out texas 

And him calling texas out like that sure as hell ain't gonna get him a game with a texas team any time soon. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

It's really laughable that these OOS teams feel like they have to play a Texas team to validate themselves. We understand they have great teams across country but the tradition is too deep. It is every kid dream growing up to play for the state title. We already have college football. Now if he wants to play a Texas team I'm sure it can happen but they have to understand how the scheduling works every 2 years and school district imposed travel regulations. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, On2whls said:

Last I checked,  A&M is one of, if not, the largest revenue generating schools in America.  You said Texas, not UIL.  

The subject was talking about the UIL and them not relinquishing power to other entities.  The UIL is a dept under UT.  And UT is one of the richest colleges in the country 

4 hours ago, FootballGuy said:

Kahuku and St. John Bosco talk about potential home-and-home series

By Nick Abramo on September 19, 2019 | FEATURED, FOOTBALL
SPT-bosco-05.jpg
St. John Bosco quarterback DJ Uiagalelei (18) led the Braves during practice Thursday at Turtle Bay. Photo by Marco Garcia/Special to the Star-Advertiser.

St. John Bosco football coach Jason Negro was in the Turtle Bay Resort lobby on the way out to practice on the property Thursday when he was approached by Kahuku co-athletic director Wendy Anae.

“She said, ‘We’d love to play you in a two-year deal,’ ” Negro said.

They exchanged contact numbers and there could be more talks.

“That is certainly a possibility,” Negro said about playing against the Red Raiders in a two-game home-and-home series. “We would love to be able to play at their place. That’s what I’m excited about on Saturday night. We’re playing at Mililani, not the stadium. It’s going to mean a lot to their community to have our kids play on their campus.”

St. John Bosco’s Braves (No. 2 in the MaxPreps Xcellent 25) of Bellflower, Calif., came to Hawaii once before, a 63-14 victory over Saint Louis in 2014. They’re here preparing to play the Trojans, who are No. 2 in the Honolulu Star-Advertiser’s statewide poll.

“I would love to play in front of that crazy Red Raider nation,” Negro added. “We’re always looking for opportunities to challenge our student-athletes and there wouldn’t be anything bigger than to play them in their house.”

But Negro isn’t looking past Mililani in any fashion.

“Coach (Rod) York and his staff do a great job coaching,” he said. “They play really good defense and I’ve seen that they’re not giving up a whole lot. Their running back (Malosi Sam) is one of the top kids we’ve seen all year — his ability and how hard he runs.

“And we’re playing at Mililani. It’s not going to be easy. I heard the weather may be funky. And high school kids drive off of momentum. That’s the biggest scare for me. If the crowd is getting into it and they get some positive things going early in the game, it’s gonna be a game. They’re going to give us everything we can handle and we are not taking them lightly. We know we’re not coming over here with a huge advantage. We’re 4-0. They’re 6-0. It’s going to be a great game.”

Negro talked about the national perspective, which is more pronounced now than ever.

“I have a tremendous amount of respect for schools across the states who step up in competition and challenge their athletes. And nobody does it better than Hawaii. Maybe Utah is a close second and Vegas in third, maybe. What Hawaii does with Punahou and Kamehameha, Saint Louis, Kahuku, Mililani — those guys step up and play the competition from the mainland year in and year out. It says a whole lot not only about the culture as a whole, as a people, but also you’ve got to give the school administrations, the coaching staff, families and communities credit to make the sacrifices to make this happen. They want to be seen, and as a result Mililani is No. 22 and Saint Louis is in the Top 10. They’re doing something right here. We are very appreciative of the willingness to play us. It means a lot to me.”

Negro also called out to Texas, hoping to get the Lone Star state teams more interested in traveling and not just hosting out-of-state national powers.

“Texas is very interesting,” he said. “They seem to be leery of traveling. They blame the districts or blame this and that or that they have such big programs that they can’t travel. If you can build $60 million stadiums, you can travel your team in Austin to come and play in Bellflower. I don’t buy the excuses. They need to step up and travel like the rest of us if they want to be mentioned with the rest of the national programs. We’ve been to Cincinnati, New Jersey, DC, Florida, Hawaii twice and Utah. We’ve been all over the place.”

What do y'all think about this? @Horsefly @Texasball @Texasboys23 

Even the Louisianaian Texan knows this is a publicity stunt.

1 hour ago, Ararar said:

You’re small minded 🤷🏽‍♂️

So others who have higher aspirations are clowns 🤡 

I get it

He's from GA and a Colquitt fanatic.  The team that wont travel unless the sponsor pays for every last body to travel. From the players to the band, drill team, cheer leaders etc etc.

Milton made it out here and they had cheer leaders too. 

That was the mans opinion,  yes. Let's call him a clown because we dont want none. 

• Haha 2

I am most familiar with Katy's situation so I'll explain why they don't travel. Katy is one team out of 7 ( next year 8 )  6A schools in the Katy independent School District. I can tell you that those other schools in KISD are sick and tired of playing Katy every year and getting their ( sometimes very good ) football teams curb-stomped by the Tigers. Do you seriously think that any of those teams are going to say to KISD "Why sure, go right ahead and spend the district's money to send Katy to California or better yet, to Hawaii to play some team.  So when exactly does Seven Lakes or Mayde Creek get to travel to Illinois to play somebody?"Cause the answer to that last question is "The twelfth of Never is when."  It already ticks off all those other schools that the District has spent the money to send Katy to  to a State Championship game 5 times in the last 10 years, let alone buying them tickets on some Jet Flight to Hawaii. There is a huge difference between being an alumni supported private school that offers scholarship's and can jet around the country playing teams, and being a Texas tax supported Public school. Katy isn't even the Rich Kid's school in the district. You ought to see Katy's indoor practice facility - it looks amazingly like the same kind of cow pasture that all the other district schools get to practice on.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

A coach  of a private recruited up school.  With private school money is talking about public schools using tax payers dollars need to travel.  

I'll tell you what get this coach to agree to pay for the entire cost  of the trip.  Everything air fare,  room and meals.  For the entire varsity team and their coaches. That's the entire varsity team that travels to any away game.  For Euless Trinity we had 67 kids travel to Tyler this past Friday.  Not sure about other teams.  Anyway get him to agree to cover the entire cost and I'm more than positive he will get a few takers. 

Otherwise stfu there is no reason for any Texas team to travel anywhere just to lose money for a who's dick is bigger game. 

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Down 1