Hypocrisy

Eddyr2

3 minutes ago, The Colonel said:

They really don’t. Only a handful of transfers are flagged annually. Most transfers sail right through. 

Yes they do flag them.  And there are several examples this year in the DFW area,  where this article was written.  

Not every transfer has to be flagged. So of course they can sail through without issue. 

5 minutes ago, The Colonel said:

Most transfers in TX are not half way across the state. 

Who said they were?  I can move from Denton to Mansfield and it’s not unreasonable a person moves into Dallas county from 60 miles away. They can be seeking better job opportunities or better housing.

When you are only talking 1-2 varsity kids, at one school at a time,  it’s less problematic 

3 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Who said they were?  I can move from Denton to Mansfield and it’s not unreasonable a person moves into Dallas county from 60 miles away. They can be seeking better job opportunities or better housing.

When you are only talking 1-2 varsity kids, at one school at a time,  it’s less problematic 

The only example you gave when I asked for reasons why a coach would not question a transfer, was a kid moving across the state. Most transfers in TX are not across the state, and the vast majority are not flagged. 

5 minutes ago, The Colonel said:

The only example you gave when I asked for reasons why a coach would not question a transfer, was a kid moving across the state. Most transfers in TX are not across the state, and the vast majority are not flagged. 

I used that as AN example it’s not an exhaustive list.   

Yes, most transfers are not flagged, doesn’t mean they violate any rule. 

Duncanville got a high profile LB transfer, it was approved.  That doesn’t mean though that it really violated a rule and was passed on anyway.  

3 minutes ago, The Colonel said:

With all due respect (and I do appreciate the civil discourse) the system in TX is not designed to prevent athletic transfers. It only pretends to do so on paper.  

Because you say so?  I actually have evidence of high profile players getting denied their transfer this season.  

10 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

And again, why does approving a transfer mean it was illegal and under false pretenses or for athletic reasons?  

The system in TX is not so much about “approving “ transfers as it is simply coaches choosing not to challenge athletic transfers (as they know what comes around, goes around).   

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Guru said:

Because I'm not in denial.

A prominent football player transferred to one of the most prominent football programs.

I think if it was somewhere else you'd be coming to the same conclusion, as well.

So you are guessing and making an assumption based on ONE athlete. Even though samples at the same school has had transfers denied ...for athletic reasons.  

1 minute ago, The Colonel said:

The system in TX is not so much about “approving “ transfers as it is simply coaches choosing not to challenge athletic transfers (as they know what comes around, goes around).   

Sure it is. Thats why skyline had 3 denied this year 2 of the kids went back to their home school and the other to IMG. 

Thats why Samples at Duncanville had 2 high profile kids denied a few years back 

do you even know the steps if a transfer is flagged, who decides the outcome?  

Just now, The Guru said:

No, I don't know this kid at all. So it's not personal based on one player.

I'm sure, though, that kids like Blackshire transferred from Mesquite Horn to Duncanville for no apparent reason.

Do you know if his mom is a teacher or coach? 

Maybe she has family in the area and needed help so moved closer to them. Maybe she’s taking care of a loved one. Moving is not illegal even for top athletes.  😂 

4 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Maybe she has family in the area and needed help so moved closer to them. Maybe she’s taking care of a loved one. Moving is not illegal even for top athletes.  😂 

These kind of considerations are made all the time.

Blackshire transferred to Duncanville because he would personally benefit which is perfectly fine and well within the rights of any family.

So why do you clowns insist on lying or dressing it up as something else?

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Or jackasses on message boards, who don’t know shit,  guess on circumstances about families to confirm their own biases.  

Mesquite is a 30-minute drive down the freeway from Duncanville.

Totally within reason that he transferred there and stayed in the same house because that was the best decision for him and his family.

This same situation occurs all the time with private school kids (and transfers).

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Guru said:

These kind of considerations are made all the time.

Blackshire transferred to Duncanville because he would personally benefit which is perfectly fine and well within the rights of any family.

So why do you clowns insist on lying or dressing it up as something else?

I’m not denying anything but it doesn’t mean he moved to Duncanville for FOOTBALL reasons. There is a difference, you seem to think you have the inside track into his mom’s decisions 

2 hours ago, The Colonel said:

The Dallas Morning News article states that very few coaches actually challenge a transfer. Only a dozen or two state wide per year. 

Bcs most moves are actually legit lol. You really think a coach is gonna dispute a move if a kid moves 2-3 hours away? Cmon now. In my area a highly regarded athlete got denied eligibility just last year. For trying to move to the top dog school in the area (about 15 mins away from old school). Move was sus. Kid didnt move houses or anything. Then a couple of years ago a d1 talent in the area had the same thing. Two hs town. Was at the “newer less historic/ and loser school” dominated there took em to the playoffs but then the next year he was at the rival school who’s historically a top dog in the area also and got denied. Missed 2 whole years of football for not staying at one school and missed out on d1. Point is, when the move is legit coaches will know if not they’ll challenge . Even if its within the area (anything less than 30mins distance) , if its not to a football district competitor or a same school district school they’ll most likely not file anything Especially if its not a high recruit moving to a random no name school. If its a too athlete moving to a too school the file will be claimed so the uil can look at it. The things come out on the news and stuff they have their whole investigations that can go for weeks