Hypocrisy

Eddyr2

8 hours ago, The Guru said:

Winning programs generally don't lose players.

And winners certainly don't flag transfers.

You’re assuming that all transfers are for athletic reasons.  That’s not necessarily true.

It’s not inconceivable that a player, even a key player, on a winning team might have to transfer because one or the other of his parents got a better job at some distance from their current home.

1 hour ago, Texasfrog said:

Breaking News....  People moved into Allen and Katy TX this year.   Breaking New... Breaking News!!

Exhibit A - The running back at Katy from South Carolina.

With the best economy in the country people are headed to Texas.

on average 1000 people are moving into Texas per day.

Read this article.

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/articles/2019-05-23/everything-is-bigger-in-texas-census-data-shows

• Like 1

UIL clears up misconceptions around Demas ruling

Joshua Koch

Aug 21, 2019

Comment after comment was made in response to the UIL State Executive Committee's decision of ruling Tomball receiver Demond Demas ineligible to play his senior season at Tomball by a 6-0 vote. Due to the decision, Demas had the option to either return to North Forest or seek a private school route. 

Instead, the No. 2-ranked recruit in Texas for the 2020 class, who is verbally committed to Texas A&M, will sit out his senior season of varsity play and stay at Tomball High School. 

The reactions on social media have ranged from questioning the decision, attacking North Forest High School and Houston ISD's academic track record, the UIL rules on transfers and more. 

VYPE reached out to the UIL office to clear up what have become some common misconceptions the public is creating around this decision by the State Executive Committee. 

MISCONCEPTION: This happened because Demond Demas is a 5-star recruit? 

UIL: "No, that is not part of the decision-making process ... The quality of the athlete or how high-profile it is really has no bearing on the proceedings. When it gets to the State Executive Committee it's an entirely new hearing. If there's any new information, the District Executive Committee's decision is presented as information, but it's a totally new chance for the student to make his case." 

MISCONCEPTION: He should be able to leave North Forest because HISD has been failing Texas Educational Agency ratings. 

UIL: "The State Executive Committee will look at whatever the family provides as documentation as reason for the move. So, the family can choose to provide whatever they like." 

MISCONCEPTION: All appeals are denied by the State Executive Committee. 

UIL: "If you look at the historic trend, between 60 and 70 percent are denied." 

2018-2019 SEC Stats

51 Appeals
*36 Denied*
11 Approved
3 Withdrawn

70.59% SEC Upheld Previous Decision

2017-2018 SEC Stats

36 Appeals
*22 Denied*
11 Approved
3 Withdrawn

61.11% SEC Upheld Previous Decision

2016-2017 SEC Stats

48 Appeals
*31 Denied*
14 Approved
2 Withdrawn

61.11% SEC Upheld Previous Decision

In the past 10 years, going from the 2009-2010 to the 2018-2019 seasons, the SEC has heard 455 student eligibility appeals. Of those, 310 were denied and 118 were approved and 24 were withdrawn. Over the 10-year period that VYPE looked at, 68 percent of appeals were denied 26 percent were approved. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So.... almost 70% of transfer request that reach the UIL State Executive Committee get denied.

In California for Mater Dei and St.Johns Bosco.... That number is 0%!!

3 minutes ago, Texasball said:

Exhibit A - The running back at Katy from South Carolina.

With the best economy in the country people are headed to Texas.

on average 1000 people are moving into Texas per day.

Read this article.

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/articles/2019-05-23/everything-is-bigger-in-texas-census-data-shows

Stop it TxBall...  It isn't about the red hot economy in Texas where people are moving into from all over (Especially California).

It's about playing football for Katy or Allen Public School.

21 minutes ago, Texasfrog said:

Hey Mater Dei and you other California Private school "Recruited Up" -- ALL-STAR TEAMS loons.

Two questions?

1.  Where do all the Mater Dei players live?   I bet you can draw a 30 Mile circle around Mater Dei and there is players that live outside that.

People have cars in SoCal. I’m sure some parents love there kids so much they are will to drive them to a school a little out of the way to give them a better life. I used to take the bus for 1.5 hours to go to MD. It was worth it.

21 minutes ago, Texasfrog said:

2.   I see the Mater Dei tuition is approximately $16,000 (not including fees).  Do all the Mater Dei football players pay the full tuition?

No the majority of students do not pay full tuition. In fact 55% of all students are on financial aid that is paid for the diocese and donors. Over $6 millions is give to lower income students every year so then can attend MD. The vast vast vast majority are not on 247. 

You should donate to the fund and help a kid live out his/her dream. Link is below:

https://www.materdei.org/apps/pages/index.jsp?uREC_ID=70159&type=d&pREC_ID=1061778

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Eddyr2 said:

People have cars in SoCal. I’m sure some parents love there kids so much they are will to drive them to a school a little out of the way to give them a better life. I used to take the bus for 1.5 hours to go to MD. It was worth it.

No the majority of students do not pay full tuition. In fact 55% of all students are on financial aid that is paid for the diocese and donors. Over $6 millions is give to lower income students every year so then can attend MD. The vast vast vast majority are not on 247. 

You should donate to the fund and help a kid live out his/her dream. Link is below:

https://www.materdei.org/apps/pages/index.jsp?uREC_ID=70159&type=d&pREC_ID=1061778

What % of the 3, 4, 5 Star rated football players are on financial aide —— is it equal to the total or more

How many starters at MD right now are either in the 1st or 2nd year at the school and how many them has played varsity level football at another school

i would like to see this for SJB also

23 minutes ago, Texasball said:

What % of the 3, 4, 5 Star rated football players are on financial aide —— is it equal to the total or more

i am guessing 55% due to the fact that number is true of the whole school

How many starters at MD right now are either in the 1st or 2nd year at the school and how many them has played varsity level football at another school

3 (4 if you count the kicker)

i dont have those numbers...

I have a question, does Duncanville have any high profile tranfers?

https://www.dallasnews.com/high-school-sports/2018/08/16/four-star-football-recruits-marquez-beason-and-zeriah-beason-transfer-from-bishop-dunne-to-duncanville/

And like i said before i am okay with the kids doing whats best for them. and you know why i am okay with it? cause im not a hypocrite

• Like 1

The UIL only gets involved if the district AD’s have voted agaist the transfer and if the athlete and his family appeal to them.

its way to competitive here to simply transfer with out meeting the requirements 

you don’t believe me.   Read this article - Hell fire this kids mother worked for the school district and he was still denied.

PS this kid is headed to Vanderbilt next year

http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/dfwvarsity/prep-football/article155357319.html

1 minute ago, Eddyr2 said:

i am guessing 55% due to the fact that number is true of the whole school

3 (4 if you count the kicker)

i dont have those numbers...

I have a question, does Duncanville have any high profile tranfers?

https://www.dallasnews.com/high-school-sports/2018/08/16/four-star-football-recruits-marquez-beason-and-zeriah-beason-transfer-from-bishop-dunne-to-duncanville/

And like i said before i am okay with the kids doing whats best for them. and you know why i am okay with it? cause im not a hypocrite

Fact those kids lived in Duncanville and went to private school at  Bishop Dunne in Dallas.  Living with in the school zone trumps everything.

Marquez was 10.5 100m kid - is now at Univ Illinois and is out for the season {knee}

Just now, Texasball said:

Fact those kids lived in Duncanville and went to private school at  Bishop Dunne in Dallas.  Living with in the school zone trumps everything.

So? What does that have to do with the fact they transferred? If kids only transfer to MD to play football then the same must be said for Duncanville. If not you are being hypocritical. Thus they name of the thread

Just now, Texasball said:

Marquez was 10.5 100m kid - is now at Univ Illinois and is out for the season {knee}

Cool. Glad to hear. Glad he had the choice to transfer. It would be a shame if a bureaucrat took his right to the education he wanted a away from him. That would be almost evil.

1 hour ago, Texasball said:

Once again I ask you to donate to the fund:

34 minutes ago, Eddyr2 said:

So? What does that have to do with the fact they transferred? If kids only transfer to MD to play football then the same must be said for Duncanville. If not you are being hypocritical. Thus they name of the thread

Cool. Glad to hear. Glad he had the choice to transfer. It would be a shame if a bureaucrat took his right to the education he wanted a away from him. That would be almost evil.

This difference is being recruited 

2 minutes ago, Texasball said:

Just found this on another thread - talking about MD coach 

39791719-13F8-4C83-A533-E271E72E41B9.png

Cool. You are quoting a guy with 16 screen names...

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Eddyr2 said:

The beason cousins were at duncanville hs before they went to the private school. They were only there for one year then they moved back to duncanville hs. Which was last year before we knew duncanville was duncanville. One is at college already

27 minutes ago, Texasball said:

Just found this on another thread - talking about MD coach 

Look pal, give it a  rest.  Our kids are trying to prepare for a big OOS on the road football game and they don’t need to be distracted by your innuendos. 

When we go up 21-0 just know we did it to show you Texas fellows what a National  Champuon looks like . 

#GoFox

#DillyDilly

#RedFocus

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Texasfrog said:

Stop it TxBall...  It isn't about the red hot economy in Texas where people are moving into from all over (Especially California).

It's about playing football for Katy or Allen Public School.

California moving to Texas

https://www.economist.com/special-report/2019/06/20/many-people-are-moving-from-california-to-texas