Coach suspended for running up the score

Bodysurf

This is ridiculous. It’s an insult to your players who are 2nd and 3rd string to not try to score.

“I was threatened to be removed from the sideline for our game against Valley Vista if we scored another point,” Dourisseau said in a text message late Monday afternoon. “The AD and principal had a meeting with me this morning and basically told me I was in the wrong.

“We had 1 special teams score and two defensive scores in the second half. My first team only scored once and we ran the ball with my 2nd and 3rd team running back and scored.

“Per the conversation, I stepped down because I was accused of wrongdoing and running up the score.”

56 minutes ago, Bodysurf said:

This is ridiculous. It’s an insult to your players who are 2nd and 3rd string to not try to score.

“I was threatened to be removed from the sideline for our game against Valley Vista if we scored another point,” Dourisseau said in a text message late Monday afternoon. “The AD and principal had a meeting with me this morning and basically told me I was in the wrong.

“We had 1 special teams score and two defensive scores in the second half. My first team only scored once and we ran the ball with my 2nd and 3rd team running back and scored.

“Per the conversation, I stepped down because I was accused of wrongdoing and running up the score.”

Damn that sucks, wish they would have fired biff poggi for running up the score, maybe we would have a shot at winning next year with all those D1 players off Poggi’s payroll

4 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

....says the guy whose team just put up 55 vs DePaul. Smh. 

That’s DePaul tho, you gotta run up the score on that team to Deter future athletes from attending  that school in Wayne 

If your a future 8th grade baller are you gonna go to the school that just got 55 put on them, he’ll no

#strictly business 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Conversely, if I’m an 7/8 grade, blue chip baller from BCL or another local Pop Warner team that was at the game on Saturday, I’m having my parent call Biff’s secretary immediately!

Same thing happened when SJR beat Imhotep last season. 

60% agree,

but on other hand except for BCL there ain’t no Bergen County Parents letting their kid live in a townhouse in the middle of downtown Baltimore, ain’t gonna happen

• Haha 1

This is the worst about sports. They need some 50 or 60 point rules to appease these pussies.

as soon as you get up by 50 or 60 the game is called. 

Sad that the 3rd string running back that works hard and never plays finally gets in the game and he’s not allowed to run hard and try and score. 

If the game is out of hand at halftime and the winning team only plays backups and runs the ball in the 2nd half you can never accuse them of running up the score 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 6

9 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

This is the worst about sports. They need some 50 or 60 point rules to appease these pussies.

Sad that the 3rd string running back that works hard and never plays finally gets in the game and he’s not allowed to run hard and try and score. 

If the game is out of hand at halftime and the winning team only plays backups and runs the ball in the 2nd half you can never accuse them of running up the score 

Exactly why teams should not schedule lower Tier teams.  Stick you your own Tier as much as possible 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bodysurf said:

That's stupid if it's his backups scoring. Administration that obviously doesn't get sports.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

That's stupid if it's his backups scoring. Administration that obviously doesn't get sports.

@Nolebull813 was spot on,  what do you expect for the 3rd stringers do, knee the game away in third quarter, some of these 3rd stringers are fighting for a Free college education, so there no way those kids not gonna try to score 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

That’s DePaul tho, you gotta run up the score on that team to Deter future athletes from attending  that school in Wayne 

If your a future 8th grade baller are you gonna go to the school that just got 55 put on them, he’ll no

#strictly business 

But if you're SF, you gotta score as much as you are able against an inferior team. With all those D1 athletes you gotta show you're top gun. You kill a fly with a sledgehammer. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

Agree 

if someone to blame, maybe it’s the AD

This thread and title are also very misleading. 

The coach stepped down. He was not suspended at all. I agree with the coach btw. If you have your twos and threes in and they're still scoring, it should be on the other team to throw in the towel. 

I don't blame him for stepping down at all, if his side of the story is the truth. 

• Like 2