2019 MaxPreps MNC Down to 2 Teams

dntn31

On 10/29/2019 at 2:15 PM, CaliNorth said:

I haven't seen NS since their opening season debacle against Katy. in your opinion,  how does NS look like now, do they appear that they could run the table and shake up the tiers by winning Texas !  How would you compare them now to DV  ?

North Shore has done a good job of sorting out their various problems. They appear to be playing at about the same overall level they were last year. Their defense is not as good, but their offense is better than last year. Yes, they have a solid chance of winning the state Championship again this year.

The projected Katy- North Shore rematch in round 3 of the Texas playoffs looks to be a game well worth watching.

Historically, the two teams reserve their best game for each other in the playoffs.

• Thanks 2
  • Like 4

21 minutes ago, noonereal said:

and why do we care what Max Prep does? 

The guy is an idiot, honestly. Worse than was DJ. 

You were right in your initial statement.

Each year is different and most of us were able to decipher that this MaxPreps article would be written before game 1 kick off. 

It doesn't matter what MP did last year. The writing was on the wall in permanent marker day one. It was etched in stone the day that article was published. 

No need in stretches or anything. I'm pretty sure we can go back and find the very thread where this was all forseen and discussed. It's just the direction things have been going. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

You were right in your initial statement.

Each year is different and most of us were able to decipher that this MaxPreps article would be written before game 1 kick off. 

It doesn't matter what MP did last year. The writing was on the wall in permanent marker day one. It was etched in stone the day that article was published. 

No need in stretches or anything. I'm pretty sure we can go back and find the very thread where this was all forseen and discussed. It's just the direction things have been going. 

I am serious, the guy is awful. Is he still the same kid from NJ that does their poll? 

2 hours ago, CCBlackhatter said:

They returned the bulk of their young team from last year who made a deep playoff run. 

The biggest difference this year for the Pack is on the OL and our defense. If we can stop the run and block a little then I like our chances.

We did learn that the Lowndes QB is capable of throwing some as the season moved along. 

He passed for over 200 yards and a td against Camden. 

2 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

We did learn that the Lowndes QB is capable of throwing some as the season moved along. 

He passed for over 200 yards and a td against Camden. 

That should give him some confidence. I'd be interested to know how the yards were gained... Were they screens that the receivers made plays or intermediate and deep passes where he had to go through progressions, etc.

I noticed in the MNW game that Lowndes literally ran like 4 different plays. The majority of the time it was zone read left then zone read right. MNW just couldn't stop it. They also mixed in a screen to a man in motion who then threw a deep ball to a wide open receiver for a TD. Lowndes seems to always run one or two truck plays so the defense will need to be focused. Their bread and butter is running the read option to the left behind that big LT with help from pulling guards. It will be crucial for our LBs and DBs to get off of their blocks and limit the yardage gained.

I'm interested to see what our DC comes up with because 3 down linemen will not cut it.

Offensively, we need to utilize our screen game and hit our WRs on quick slants. Lowndes loves to bring heat and the best way to attack that is to throw to the spot where the pressure is coming from. JC will not have time to sit back and pick them apart. If we go deep, we will need to move the pocket to help buy him time.

7:30 cannot come soon enough!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

That should give him some confidence. I'd be interested to know how the yards were gained... Were they screens that the receivers made plays or intermediate and deep passes where he had to go through progressions, etc.

I noticed in the MNW game that Lowndes literally ran like 4 different plays. The majority of the time it was zone read left then zone read right. MNW just couldn't stop it. They also mixed in a screen to a man in motion who then threw a deep ball to a wide open receiver for a TD. Lowndes seems to always run one or two truck plays so the defense will need to be focused. Their bread and butter is running the read option to the left behind that big LT with help from pulling guards. It will be crucial for our LBs and DBs to get off of their blocks and limit the yardage gained.

I'm interested to see what our DC comes up with because 3 down linemen will not cut it.

Offensively, we need to utilize our screen game and hit our WRs on quick slants. Lowndes loves to bring heat and the best way to attack that is to throw to the spot where the pressure is coming from. JC will not have time to sit back and pick them apart. If we go deep, we will need to move the pocket to help buy him time.

The read option is their primary attack. Then as the season has progressed they started mixing in some RPO as well. I haven't seen any full game films or anything so it very well could be some screens and quick hitters. I don't suspect that he was going through progressions very often as that's not what they do well. We played Camden as well and do know they will sell out for the run and make the pass easy. Could be that simple in that game. 

I feel like our o-line is better than they get credit for, and as the season has went on, they and the coaches have shown vast improvement. They sold me last week when after 95 rag dolled Devene on the first or second play of the game, the o-line swole up like puffer fish and got big all the sudden. Stopped that big bad dude pretty much the rest of the night after the first couple of possessions. 

I attribute the loss to Valdosta as everything still having to come together with the new staff and team. 

I feel like we are there as a staff and team now. Whether that translates to win over at Martin tomorrow night, idk. 

I will say this... The coaches have looked for every competitive advantage they could this week. Everything from having the 50th regiment play inside the ipf while they ran plays to going to Mack Tharpe and running the script with crowd noice over the old crackling and shitty sound system. It's been pretty impressive watching them do everything they can think of. 

Like you, I hope the plan is solid and the kids are fired up to put it into action. 

I've been told the kick off is 7:30 but, every news source and even the td club and tickets have 8:00 printed on them. I suggest being there before 7:30, because it could be region 1 shenanigans posting and printing 8:00.  

2 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/10872854/5db6f78adfd9bb0d445e1e15

Check out his passes from last week vs Camden

24 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

The read option is their primary attack. Then as the season has progressed they started mixing in some RPO as well. I haven't seen any full game films or anything so it very well could be some screens and quick hitters. I don't suspect that he was going through progressions very often as that's not what they do well. We played Camden as well and do know they will sell out for the run and make the pass easy. Could be that simple in that game. 

I feel like our o-line is better than they get credit for, and as the season has went on, they and the coaches have shown vast improvement. They sold me last week when after 95 rag dolled Devene on the first or second play of the game, the o-line swole up like puffer fish and got big all the sudden. Stopped that big bad dude pretty much the rest of the night after the first couple of possessions. 

I attribute the loss to Valdosta as everything still having to come together with the new staff and team. 

I feel like we are there as a staff and team now. Whether that translates to win over at Martin tomorrow night, idk. 

I will say this... The coaches have looked for every competitive advantage they could this week. Everything from having the 50th regiment play inside the ipf while they ran plays to going to Mack Tharpe and running the script with crowd noice over the old crackling and shitty sound system. It's been pretty impressive watching them do everything they can think of. 

Like you, I hope the plan is solid and the kids are fired up to put it into action. 

I've been told the kick off is 7:30 but, every news source and even the td club and tickets have 8:00 printed on them. I suggest being there before 7:30, because it could be region 1 shenanigans posting and printing 8:00.  

No trick...we've kept the 8 o'clock kickoff time.  One of the few (if not only one left in GA) that  hasn't changed. 

• Thanks 1