2019 MaxPreps MNC Down to 2 Teams

dntn31

I know this just happened last year but I don’t think I’m a fan of it, even if they are the two best teams (which I think they very well may be) 

Playing Devil’s advocate, I’m sure St Frances wishes they were just given a mulligan. Not sure I’d pick SJB national champion if they win out but my vote doesn’t matter. State champion for sure and a top 5 team. But there’s way too many high schools for a team that loses to be given that award. It proves they’re not without a doubt the very best team even in this mythical scenario. 

It just basically meant that entire game we were so excited for Friday night was literally for nothing. I mean if MD loses the rematch, they’d still think they’re better and want to run it a third time. Who says they’re wrong? 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

I know this just happened last year but I don’t think I’m a fan of it, even if they are the two best teams (which I think they very well may be) 

Playing Devil’s advocate, I’m sure St Frances wishes they were just given a mulligan. Not sure I’d pick SJB national champion if they win out but my vote doesn’t matter. State champion for sure and a top 5 team. But there’s way too many high schools for a team that loses to be given that award. It proves they’re not without a doubt the very best team even in this mythical scenario. 

It just basically meant that entire game we were so excited for Friday night was literally for nothing. I mean if MD loses the rematch, they’d still think they’re better and want to run it a third time. Who says they’re wrong? 

I said it last year, I said it to begin this season as soon as we saw the writing on the wall. 

What's happening right now with those couple of teams has made a mockery of high school football and subsequently the polls in general. 

More than 15k teams playing 11 man football in the country and I knew before the season started how the polls would end. That's not only ridiculous, but, it's bullshit. It's a bullshit/ridiculous sundae in a cup with a long red spoon like those at the Brazier. xD

Next year Max Preps should just make it a top 5 poll and stop there. No need in going any deeper when we all know before the first kick off which 2 or 3 teams they're going to end up with. 

This has been an episode of your daily national poll drive by.

1177955369_giphy(1).gif.5638c7fc53cb0048c483039496039225.gif

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I said it last year, I said it to begin this season as soon as we saw the writing on the wall. 

What's happening right now with those couple of teams has made a mockery of high school football and subsequently the polls in general. 

More than 15k teams playing 11 man football in the country and I knew before the season started how the polls would end. That's not only ridiculous, but, it's bullshit. It's a bullshit/ridiculous sundae in a cup with a long red spoon like those at the Brazier. xD

Next year Max Preps should just make it a top 5 poll and stop there. No need in going any deeper when we all know before the first kick off which 2 or 3 teams they're going to end up with. 

giphy.gif

• Haha 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

Just now, dntn31 said:

giphy.gif

I think I did. I reckon that's pretty much it in a nutshell. 

I guess, I could also expand and say how stupid the journalism is, for them to go right ahead with several weeks left in the season and cut their readers off at the knees by telling who the mnc will be. 

Better luck next year everyone. You can delete your Max Preps bookmarks for this year if you are from anywhere outside of the Trinity League. xD

22 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

One poll of of 7 ain’t bad!! 

We already know they'll get Cal Preps, HSFA, Max Preps Freeman, Max Preps Xcellent 25. Probably Jamie's PrepNation also. Looks like they've been in the driver's seat at PrepForce all year also. 

In most every poll, they have either been in the driver's seat or the catbird seat all season for two seasons. 

With the rules package involved, they'll likely stay there for the near future as well. 

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

2019 Lowndes will be the National Champions

Their last 6 games could potentially be...

vs. Colquitt Co.

1st Rd: North Cobb

2nd Rd: Brookwood/Norcross/West Forsyth/South Forsyth

Quarters: Grayson

Semis: McEachern/North Gwinnett

Finals: Colquitt/Marietta/Hillgrove

There is no doubt that is a pretty tough run. 

I don't think it would matter. Ned would put an anchor on MD like he did SFA last season and there would be no way for them to slide back. 

The human polls are too heavily influenced by the algos and wouldn't likely give it to Lowndes either. Lowndes doesn't even appear in the comp poll do they?

23 hours ago, badrouter said:

I'd take SFA over SJB this year. Makes no difference for Mater Dei obviously...

I might choose SJB on a neutral field but I’d probably vote SFA #2

– best win (over IMG)

— no bad wins (ie 1 point vs Servite — no offense to friars but that shouldn’t happen to a top 5 team)

SJB playing Md slightly better more than offset by SFA travelling 

• Like 4

23 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I feel you Hawgie 

I don’t like it at all but truth is the academy teams are significantly better than everyone else 

it’s a different game 

• Like 1

Just now, Pops said:

I feel you Hawgie 

I don’t like it at all but truth is the academy teams are significantly better than everyone else 

it’s a different game 

No doubt about it. I could never argue the contrary, although occasionally a regular team, maybe could win a game vs. them. 

Clearly ranking them with regular high school football teams who are operating by a completely different set of rules is ridiculous. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ECHS05 said:

vs. Colquitt Co.

Surprisingly, this very well could come into fruition now that I think about it. I mean, of course Lowndes would have to complete all of these tasks, but considering what they're working with, this could actually happen. At the worst, they'd finish very high in the rankings if they don't get crowned MNC......if all of this happens. 

1 hour ago, Pops said:

– best win (over IMG)

— no bad wins (ie 1 point vs Servite — no offense to friars but that shouldn’t happen to a top 5 team)

Truth be told this IMG team is not all that...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

vs. Colquitt Co.

Lowndes is extremely impressive team!

1 hour ago, Pops said:

– best win (over IMG)

When we think about it in terms of what would happen if two teams played, style of play is a very important variable which often gets overlooked. Many programs which tend to be loaded run unoriginal and/or unimaginative schemes that you see all the time. They beat most everyone just by overpowering them. Then, there are some programs with outstanding game day coaches that can come up with really smart, tricky game plans that keep the other team on their heels. (Our two programs are both known for this.) Others run the same stuff all game every game, no matter what.

And HS teams are often out of balance in terms of strengths, meaning they may be exceptionally strong in some areas but really lacking- all in more dramatic ways than you see in college or the pros- in other areas. You get the right mismatches in some areas, and you can have scenarios where highly regarded teams lose to unknown teams.

• Like 1