Marietta will try.......

Sweetlarry

1 minute ago, CCBlackhatter said:

I'm glad Marietta finally found some success moving past the first round of the playoffs!

Yes. Well, I sat in the cold and watched those kids run over westlake and Woodstock on the road two years ago, so I’m good with them remembering how to “win”’ in the playoffs. 

Not all ADs and adults are about trying to fuck kids over for the betterment of their Alma mater, but those who are were happy!  

Good luck this week. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Marietta 34

Milton 14

Something in that range.

Milton has lost to all the good in state teams they played this year, and went all the way to California to lose to a badly oversold five loss JSerra team. They've enjoyed an easy region and now will get exposed. 

From what I understand....The Methodists are boycotting this game.

Hopefully...they'all be in Lilburn....P-R-A-Y-I-N-G for the Packers.

Me and "Doc" were sipping on our Black Silk earlier this morning...and he just couldn't hold it back.  He roared...

"Rufus, I never liked them stinking Panthers."  

NEVER !!!!!

I concur.....Yep...I concur.....

Rufus>>

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Rufus69 said:

From what I understand....The Methodists are boycotting this game.

Hopefully...they'all be in Lilburn....P-R-A-Y-I-N-G for the Packers.

Me and "Doc" were sipping on our Black Silk earlier this morning...and he just couldn't hold it back.  He roared...

"Rufus, I never liked them stinking Panthers."  

NEVER !!!!!

I concur.....Yep...I concur.....

Rufus>>

Funny I mentioned Frenchy the other then ended up in a foursome with him at ACC. 

Helluva nice guy And can hit it. 

He says the panthers by 7.

On 11/19/2019 at 1:07 PM, ATLien12x said:

Literally NO ONE is picking Milton to win this game  

On 11/19/2019 at 1:41 PM, Sweetlarry said:

Thank you. 

How disrespectful he would call the defending state champions “nobody”?!

Kind of a bummer... I became a de facto Milton fan after a thoroughly enjoyable time with their fans at the J Serra game.

While I don't know the squad specifics like all of the GA guys... its "never the less" always entertaining to follow the GA playoffs. I hope Milton shows well.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Gospeeder said:

Kind of a bummer... I became a de facto Milton fan after a thoroughly enjoyable time with their fans at the J Serra game.

While I don't know the squad specifics like all of the GA guys... its "never the less" always entertaining to follow the GA playoffs. I hope Milton shows well.

Tough and unfortunate draw against Marietta in the second round. It just goes that way sometimes. They just don’t have a very good offense this year. Losing their QB last year (Georgia Tech) completely changed their team. They rotate between a senior and sophomore now every other series. No identity. I mean you can ask @HawgGoneIt or @ECHS05 and he’ll tell you that QB last year Jordan Yates extended so many plays and made them a much more complete football team. They’re well coached on defense but they don’t have the group from last year there either. I think they’re a decent squad but they would get blown out by the 2018 Milton team. They have losses to Parkview and Buford, two teams I expect to lose in the second round (of 5) Friday night as well

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

Tough and unfortunate draw against Marietta in the second round. It just goes that way sometimes. They just don’t have a very good offense this year. Losing their QB last year (Georgia Tech) completely changed their team. They rotate between a senior and sophomore now every other series. No identity. I mean you can ask @HawgGoneIt or @ECHS05 and he’ll tell you that QB last year Jordan Yates extended so many plays and made them a much more complete football team. They’re well coached on defense but they don’t have the group from last year there either. I think they’re a decent squad but they would get blown out by the 2018 Milton team. They have losses to Parkview and Buford, two teams I expect to lose in the second round (of 5) Friday night as well

Last year, Colquitt had no answer at all for Yates. Milton certainly have struggled for offensive identity this season for whatever reason. I don't understand why they would never just stick with a kid at qb. Has to be some politics involved or something.

Most of us that follow closely in Georgia said way early they were going to be taking a step back this year, and of course, they have. A big one. 

That said... It isn't impossible for them to win on Friday and advance, but, not super plausible. 

I'll stick with my prediction of losing by more than 2 tds. 34-14. Something along that type of score. 

Georgia is a state where very few teams can remain at the same level of play year after year like in other states. It takes a monumental program and effort to do it. Last years champ... this years rd. two trash. 

• Thanks 1

Before anyone gets upset about it... 

Not meaning "trash" literally in that last post. Just a figure of speech. 

They could have gotten a better draw and made rd. 3 in some other brackets probably. Anything can happen in the playoffs also. Hell, a 4 seed from a weaker region advanced to rd. 2 also, so, yeah. 

I'm pulling for the 4 seed for obvious reasons. Hate coin flips. 

Marietta has been a little jekyll and hyde this season their ownself. They could get stunned by a solid game plan and great execution from Milton. Same with anyone at this point. The little problems are getting magnified right now though. Weird stuff platooning a qb tandem... Special teams... Conditioning... a lot of things can rear it's head at this point. 

It's really next week where most of the matchups become pick ems though. 

25 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

You really think Buford is gonna lose to Ware this Friday? 

1 hour ago, HawgGoneIt said:

FWIW, I like Buford to advance. Not handily though. 

Yeah I’ve been shooting for one off the wall upset each week. Went #4 Alexander over #1 John’s Creek last week (miss) 

Going Ware County here (nothing about their resume supports this) I just know it’s a long ass trip for Buford and figured shit may get crazy in the Swamp. Everyone is probably looking forward to the Buford - Carrollton matchup but playoffs don’t always run chalk. I don’t see Buford winning state, they have to lose eventually, so why not Friday 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like 1