Geico Games?

181pl

15 hours ago, Las Vegas_JC said:

I’m not sure if their website is up to date but currently they do not list the HHSAA (Hawaii) as a participating organization. And that is one of many reasons why a team from Hawaii will not participate in this event. E500C6C9-38C4-4A22-93AF-821088BA9B90.thumb.png.67936cdc120ea0ffcb75a708bc145ce4.png

Highly doubt Stl would take part.  I know last year they where invited but turned it down do to the late timing of it and it was supposedly finals week.    I think they could play with teams from Arizona andWashington.  Idk though goe they would fare against big times school from Georgia,Florida and Texas.  Dont think the lines would do so well. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Las Vegas_JC said:

Gorman raised almost $40,000 to travel to Alaska back in 2000. To take on Dimond high which won their state championship that year and was the 10th ranked team in the west region at the end of that season. 

43B79DB7-3BF1-46B0-8284-BC6F40CE8C91.png

No, no, no... they raised the money alright.... raised the pocketbooks and wallets of the parents.

Entry level Porsche will get you a sneer and a frown in the carpool lane.

BGW

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, old_e said:

I believe not many states have agreed to play in the series and with the requirements,  there are a limited amount of teams that get invited. 

Ya know...honestly...since Rush is no longer at Colquitt...I don't think it's that big of deal to the admin.  Of course, for us...it's a moot point this year.  We lost.  But had we actually gone on to win the AAAAAAA Championship...I believe it would have been "iffy" for us to accept.  Now if we were gonna play in the Hawg Pen...with no travel expenses...maybe we would have...but other than that.....

I'm afraid the pendulum is swinging back to isolation mode.

Hawg may think differently.....

Rufus>>

7 minutes ago, The Guru said:

Total trash.

Oh and they don't have a QB either.

Yeah

And I stand by the fact the transfer from First Baptist is a pathetic QB

Good thing they had a solid Sophomore in place or they would have been without a passing game but keep lying like the prick you are and avoiding responding to me you little bitch

Talk all this shit and can't respond to me? Because your a scared pussy shit

7 hours ago, hawaiiboy396 said:

Highly doubt Stl would take part.  I know last year they where invited but turned it down do to the late timing of it and it was supposedly finals week.    I think they could play with teams from Arizona andWashington.  Idk though goe they would fare against big times school from Georgia,Florida and Texas.  Dont think the lines would do so well. 

And football season begins earlier in Hawaii. The open championship is this Friday so if the winner of that game is invited they would have to wait 21 days before playing in the geico bowl series. It just does not work for Hawaiian teams. 

1 hour ago, Rufus69 said:

Ya know...honestly...since Rush is no longer at Colquitt...I don't think it's that big of deal to the admin.  Of course, for us...it's a moot point this year.  We lost.  But had we actually gone on to win the AAAAAAA Championship...I believe it would have been "iffy" for us to accept.  Now if we were gonna play in the Hawg Pen...with no travel expenses...maybe we would have...but other than that.....

I'm afraid the pendulum is swinging back to isolation mode.

Hawg may think differently.....

Rufus>>

Idk. I get mixed messages. One time I get the "anything to promote our kids and get them more looks." Then, we get the, "I'm thinking more on playing in state powers." Small ball small picture type of thing. That not from admin though. Everything is all wishy washy and seems uncertain. I think the admin are likely att odds with that first and more in line with the latter. 

Next year will be interesting. 

I figure isolation and desolation could definitely be on the horizon because some god has a plan. 

1 hour ago, CODBEARD said:

SFA had jackets made up after the IMG game with the final score and the caption " SFA FLA State Champs"

Maybe SFA can go to the GEICO games as the Florida state champ? 😂

SFA getting desperate now that their computer ratings are slipping while teams play for "real" championships..  Begging Mount St Joes for a game..SMH

• Biff poggi Retweeted Biff poggi

Crickets

Biff poggi added,

Biff poggi @BiffPoggi
    How bout #1 vs #2 - East side verses West side. Battle of Baltimore? I have the authority to commit St Frances and........... #WEAREALLIN. Waiting on you MSJ. https://twitter.com/sfafootball_md/status/1197907243775275009 

•  

Well you are a coach there. Consider it contact. How bout it Coach? Wanna play. All proceeds to UM Pediatric Cancer Research.

•  

A little more advanced notice than the week of Thanksgiving would be helpful next time though.

1 hour ago, CODBEARD said:

Poggi going after USA Today for their ranking of SFA and begging for games.. lol

@BiffPoggi
FollowFollow @BiffPoggi
More

Dear @usatodayhss please arrange a game for us with any of 4 teams you have ranked before us. We will give our share of all profits to Pediatric Cancer reasearch. Better yet we will play each one of them and everything can go to PC research. Get a clue.

5:55 AM - 29 Oct 2019

1. New con
    •  

PLEASE GET ANY IF THESE FOUR ANY DAY ANYWHERE ANYTIME AND WE WILL BE THERE. WE WILL PLAY ALL FOUR THIS SEASON😎🤷🏼‍♂️💯All money to pediatric cancer research. Who could resist this good deed. You know how to contact me 🤫😏

New conversation

He's a loon. 

He doesn't give one little bit of a shit about the kids on his team, he would play 17 more games and get them all maimed in order ro capture his white whale. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

No, no, no... they raised the money alright.... raised the pocketbooks and wallets of the parents.

Entry level Porsche will get you a sneer and a frown in the carpool lane.

BGW

Ok so I showed two examples of teams willing to go OOS to play risk games. Example one the Liberty Patriots. A blue collar team. And coach Rich Muraco purposefully set up these games to get his team ready to beat Gorman.

And example two Bishop Gorman. A white collar private school that has traveled to 9 different states.

Any school from any state can get it done. 

BTW why is GA involved in the Geico bowl series if they are not willing to travel to a bowl site? 🤷🏻‍♂️

23 hours ago, Rufus69 said:

Just because something can be done...doesn't mean it should be.

it should always make financial sense.  I don't know if it's public knowledge or not...but Colquitt lost money the last (3) years we played in the Corky Kell.  Two more were barely break even.  Which was a major reason I was screaming to dump the Corky Kell opener and play the opener in Mack Tharpe.

Colquitt is a blue collar/no collar community.  Play at home if/when you can.

Rufus>>

^^this^^

20 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

By many months of fundraising. Not that difficult unless you’re in a depressed, poverty-strickened area. 

Fundraising is important. Upon a successful fundraising campaign, the question becomes :"How should we spend this money?" The options are things like improving the program's facilities; buying new equipment, jerseys etc; other enhancements to make the program better; OR, paying to play a game against some team from another state so a few glory-seekers can get some. Let there be no doubt, there are MANY young, ambitious coaches who want to make a name for themselves who see that last choice as the best one. How does that help the program? That's the wrong question in those cases. Because, in those cases, the coach doesn't actually give a shit about the program. He wants to make a name for himself so he can become a star. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

17 hours ago, Las Vegas_JC said:

Gorman raised almost $40,000 to travel to Alaska back in 2000. To take on Dimond high which won their state championship that year and was the 10th ranked team in the west region at the end of that season. 

43B79DB7-3BF1-46B0-8284-BC6F40CE8C91.png

What did Gorman (a private school with many wealthy parents) actually get out of the Alaska game? What other things could they have done with that 40k? Maybe a head coaching gig at UNLV for Sanchez? Good for Sanchez! Not that it as pressing a matter for BG as they have significantly more money than most programs.

2 minutes ago, badrouter said:

Fundraising is important. Upon a successful fundraising campaign, the question becomes :"How should we spend this money?" The options are things like improving the program's facilities; buying new equipment, jerseys etc; other enhancements to make the program better; OR, paying to play a game against some team from another state so a few glory-seekers can get some. Let there be no doubt, there are MANY young, ambitious coaches who want to make a name for themselves who see that last choice as the best one. How does that help the program? That's the wrong question in those cases. Because, in those cases, the coach doesn't actually give a shit about the program. He wants to make a name for himself so he can become a star. 

One of the uses for Colquitt "fundraising" has been our nutritional program in the past.  I have always appreciated that concept.  It beats the shit outa traveling to Timbuktu to play a football game. And it also pays intangible dividends to your program...and to the community.

Rufus>>

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Las Vegas_JC said:

Ok so I showed two examples of teams willing to go OOS to play risk games. Example one the Liberty Patriots. A blue collar team. And coach Rich Muraco purposefully set up these games to get his team ready to beat Gorman.

And example two Bishop Gorman. A white collar private school that has traveled to 9 different states.

Any school from any state can get it done. 

BTW why is GA involved in the Geico bowl series if they are not willing to travel to a bowl site? 🤷🏻‍♂️

where'd you get this from? 

37 minutes ago, badrouter said:

Fundraising is important. Upon a successful fundraising campaign, the question becomes :"How should we spend this money?" The options are things like improving the program's facilities; buying new equipment, jerseys etc; other enhancements to make the program better; OR, paying to play a game against some team from another state so a few glory-seekers can get some.

Because playing a tough opponent does nothing whatsoever to make the program better.

See Lakeland 2019.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

37 minutes ago, badrouter said:

What did Gorman (a private school with many wealthy parents) actually get out of the Alaska game? What other things could they have done with that 40k? Maybe a head coaching gig at UNLV for Sanchez? Good for Sanchez! Not that it as pressing a matter for BG as they have significantly more money than most programs.

Tony Sanchez didn't coach at Bishop Gorman until 2009.

It's funny watching you try to twist reality to fit your narrative.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1