Geico Games?

181pl

1 hour ago, 181pl said:

Love to see FL 7A vs. GA 7A. 

Anyone else? At this point, there almost can't be a bad match up.

Most likely match up? STA v. Lowndes

In the running? Armwood v. N. Gwinnett (rematch)

Possible? Marietta v. Edgewater (rematch)

I could see lowndes vs Armwood being a good one

I feel if STA is FL rep lowndes will avoid participating for same reason the other GA teams haven't made a effort to schedule IMG or STA lately 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Columbiafan said:

I could see lowndes vs Armwood being a good one

I feel if STA is FL rep lowndes will avoid participating for same reason the other GA teams haven't made a effort to schedule IMG or STA lately 

Well...if your school is a member of the GHSA...you can't schedule IMG.   You can STA.

Rufus>>

20 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

I meant they can play both STA and SFA. 

Ah...that's true...I believe.  But the usual... "pesos and logistics"...cause scheduling problems for a lot of Georgia teams.  I don't have inside info...but I think Colquitt is trying to stay pretty close to home with their non-region games.  Which is hard to explain what our thinking was for the 2020 opener.  Lots of good AAAAAA teams near us.  Just doesn't make sense for us to travel 240 miles to kickoff the season.

Rufus>>

50 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

Ah...that's true...I believe.  But the usual... "pesos and logistics"...cause scheduling problems for a lot of Georgia teams.  I don't have inside info...but I think Colquitt is trying to stay pretty close to home with their non-region games.  Which is hard to explain what our thinking was for the 2020 opener.  Lots of good AAAAAA teams near us.  Just doesn't make sense for us to travel 240 miles to kickoff the season.

Rufus>>

Liberty High in Nevada has travelled to Hawaii, Florida, Texas, California and Arizona. They have played IMG and they are a public school. It can be done.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

The teams that are still alive from West to East: 

SL, Corner Canyon, Chandler, GA 7As, FL 7As

I’m not sure if their website is up to date but currently they do not list the HHSAA (Hawaii) as a participating organization. And that is one of many reasons why a team from Hawaii will not participate in this event. E500C6C9-38C4-4A22-93AF-821088BA9B90.thumb.png.67936cdc120ea0ffcb75a708bc145ce4.png

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Las Vegas_JC said:

Liberty High in Nevada has travelled to Hawaii, Florida, Texas, California and Arizona. They have played IMG and they are a public school. It can be done.

Just because something can be done...doesn't mean it should be.

it should always make financial sense.  I don't know if it's public knowledge or not...but Colquitt lost money the last (3) years we played in the Corky Kell.  Two more were barely break even.  Which was a major reason I was screaming to dump the Corky Kell opener and play the opener in Mack Tharpe.

Colquitt is a blue collar/no collar community.  Play at home if/when you can.

Rufus>>

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Agree. We all know that GA has legit travel concerns and barriers. Well, that is, except for Marietta (DC) , JC (DC, NJ) , CG (Colorado), Grayson (IMG), Milton (Cali) and BT (Dublin, Ireland).  

Colquitt/Valdosta/Lowndes could always do a home and home with some of the North Florida schools

No reason any of those 3 couldn't get a home and home with say Columbia perhaps?

1 hour ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Agree. We all know that GA has legit travel concerns and barriers. Well, that is, except for Marietta (DC) , JC (DC, NJ) , CG (Colorado), Grayson (IMG), Milton (Cali) and BT (Dublin, Ireland).  

Yes...Yes...all those schools you named are DEFINITELY blue collar/no collar communities.  Grayson is the poor puppy of all of them.  

Rufus>>

11 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Not talking about CHS. TCA is no longer good enough to compete with the top SOWEGA teams. Top FL teams like STA, Armwood, Dade power publics, LL, DFB, Apopka, etc. would be the best choices to visit them. 

Ok but what does that have to do with the possibility of us facing a South GA school?

If you suggested us to go play St John's I don't see why playing a south GA school (2 of them only a hour drive away) should be a challenge

In fact that seems easily manageable, that's how teams and programs build themselves up, they step up their competition to match a step up in ability and use that to grow into a powerhouse

18 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Not talking about CHS. TCA is no longer good enough to compete with the top SOWEGA teams. Top FL teams like STA, Armwood, Dade power publics, LL, DFB, Apopka, etc. would be the best choices to visit them. 

Very good teams there but i guarantee you at least half the teams on that list will want a home game in the deal and then we run into a logistical issue with the GA team paying for travel

Columbia is close enough (a hour from Valdosta and between hour and half to 2 hours from Moultrie) where a home and home is a manageable and logistically possible without them having to break the bank so it could work out for both sets of programs and I'm sure Columbia would play at any of those teams but would likely want a return trip