37 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins this matchup

• Marietta
    • Eastside Catholic
  2. 2. Who wins

• STA
    • St. Louis

12 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

The Edgewater RB and receiving corps were vgood. That was a solid championship win for STA.

STA will be playing a true away game this weekend as Las Vegas is known as the "Ninth Hawaiian Island." Won't be an easy game for STA by any stretch. If they do dominate SL, they very well deserve a MNC share.

If you watch STL in their state game, they don’t look so good...If you watch them vs BG they look much better and more athletic than I originally thought.

13 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Sorry, but if WA and HI respectively beat GA and FL, the latter two states can no longer be considered hsfb "power" states.

Its not the entire state of HI and the entire state of WA versus the entire state of FL and the entire state of GA.

I honestly dont think Marietta has much time to gameplan for this. They played a State Championship late Saturday night, & now have to go to Las Vegas to play Friday. How much time can actually be spent gameplanning for this by the coaches? Eastside Catholic has had an entire extra week.

Same for STA. St. Louis has had A LOT of time to gameplan for this, where as STA played their Championship game Saturday evening.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Its not the entire state of HI and the entire state of WA versus the entire state of FL and the entire state of GA.

I honestly dont think Marietta has much time to gameplan for this. They played a State Championship late Saturday night, & now have to go to Las Vegas to play Friday. How much time can actually be spent gameplanning for this by the coaches? Eastside Catholic has had an entire extra week.

Same for STA. St. Louis has had A LOT of time to gameplan for this, where as STA played their Championship game Saturday evening.

I can’t believe every single person on this website is taking Marrietta 

13 hours ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

I was thinking STA would blow STL out but after watching edgewater game last week, this should be a really good game as well

St. Louis beat Mililani worse than SJB.... Twice. St. L won by scored of 54-21 & 35-0, where as SJB won 42-10. 

Mililani beat NV State Champ Liberty 34-22.

----

Punahou beat Long Beach Poly worse than Corona Centennial did... And St. Louis beat Punahou twice.

----

Kahuku beat UT 5A runner up Timpview by 20...  St. Louis beat Kahuku 45-6 and 28-0

Theres more I can do but the point is... Theres no daisy chain that makes St. Louis look bad. Theyve been pretty dominant all season.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

I’m pretty surprised everyone on this Board except for me has picked Marietta to win

Why is that surprising? Marietta is a top 10 team now. Eastside.... Isnt. 

Marietta is the large class state champ in GA, a power state.... Eastside Catholic is the state champ in Washington... Not a great football state.

Now none of that means much for this particular game... But Marietta is definitely like a 10-14 point favorite IMO.

Eastside has 1 chance... And thats to hope the physical game vs Lowndes and the very short week for Marietta hold them back quite a bit.... And Eastsides extra week was spent gameplanning some unique stuff.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Why is that surprising? Marietta is a top 10 team now. Eastside.... Isnt. 

Marietta is the large class state champ in GA, a power state.... Eastside Catholic is the state champ in Washington... Not a great football state.

Now none of that means much for this particular game... But Marietta is definitely like a 10-14 point favorite IMO.

Eastside has 1 chance... And thats to hope the physical game vs Lowndes and the very short week for Marietta hold them back quite a bit.... And Eastsides extra week was spent gameplanning some unique stuff.

You would think there would be a few people picking EC but not 1? I really think this is gonna be a shootout

2 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Or, even if the penalty count is EC 15 and Marietta 3, the timing of the Marietta 3 proves that the refs are actually against Marietta...or something like that.

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Or, is it an advantage to not have a break from the season, lose basketball players, etc?

these post-season games are crap shoots 

I picked STA and Marietta but am surprised at the lack of any support for EC — they’re a good team and loaded by WA standards — they will match up athletically just fine.  They did beat the OR big school champs also — Marietta ought to win but this isn’t a gimmee imho 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Lowndes defense did a very nice job after a rough first half. Marietta finished with 19 yards rushing on 23 carries. Sacked Harrison Bailey six times. Their defense did more than enough to win state, but the offense couldn’t get it rolling. 

Interested to see if the Blue Devils can get Vidal rolling Friday night. Need to be balanced. 

B61CAB0D-1A86-43CB-AFE6-1278E0BBA332.jpeg

19 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Beating DLS, who was right there w SJB into the waning minutes of the Open Chip game, must count for something. A great D almost always beats a great O.

It was the first game of the year. I'm just not sold on the STA coach. It's hard to replace a legend like George Smith. Just like it would be hard to replace Rollinson if he left MD. STA used to be so much more explosive on offensive. The D is elite. They played SJB 2 years ago and their D only allowed 3 points but offense only scored 9. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

EC did get revenge on ODea in the State Championship.

But the rematch almost always favors the team that lost the 1st time. And, regardless, that just means the teams split the season series. That they'd lose in any circumstances to that team by three touchdowns tells you EC isn't nationally elite.