Who wins the Super Bowl?

frankyjames

Who wins the Super Bowl?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the Super Bowl?

On 1/29/2020 at 6:42 PM, HawgGoneIt said:

I think Mahomes legs will be the difference in the game. Perhaps it plays out similarly to the AFC championship game even. 

San Fran will likely need to be working the same type game plan that KC just put to sleep in the AFC championship. 

I'll go with Kansas City by 7 to 10 points. 

Maybe not Nostradamus, but Notadumbass either. xD

• Haha 1

On 1/28/2020 at 9:51 AM, frankyjames said:

Kansas City is a 1 point favorite (comical).

49ers roll in with one of the best defenses and also a VERY underrated offense.

The Chiefs will live and die with Mahomes.

My guess is this game will not be close. The 49ers run away with it. Defense wins championships. 

What happened dipshit? 😂😂😂

• Haha 3

44 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

I will say this KC defense showed up when they where needed most... 

They played pretty well against all their playoff opponents. Especially against the run. 

The argument was the San Fran run was different than the Tennessee run, who had the league rushing leader. It was different. They didn't have the league rushing leader. xD

• Haha 1

On 1/28/2020 at 9:51 AM, frankyjames said:

Kansas City is a 1 point favorite (comical).

49ers roll in with one of the best defenses and also a VERY underrated offense.

The Chiefs will live and die with Mahomes.

My guess is this game will not be close. The 49ers run away with it. Defense wins championships. 

Did not age well.

• Haha 1

On 1/29/2020 at 10:27 AM, frankyjames said:

KC is a one trick pony.

SF can do it all.

SF in a smash!

On 1/29/2020 at 3:21 PM, frankyjames said:

What is most comical, is the national media and these east coast dudes are convinced that the Niners have a shitty offense and can't pass.

It is painfully obvious they have yet to watch a 49ers game. 

On 1/30/2020 at 10:13 AM, frankyjames said:

This will be like when the Seahawks played Denver in the SB. Everyone talked up Peyton Manning and the #1 Broncos offense. Nobody even talked about Seattle.

The game was over the 1st quarter. 

On 1/30/2020 at 12:06 PM, frankyjames said:

That's what I don't get. All these people picking the Chiefs as if they had dismantled these great playoff teams.

Houston and Tennessee are likely NOT playoff teams in the NFC. The Chiefs struggled with both. 

The 49ers are on a WHOLE OTHER LEVEL than Houston and the Titans. People are in for a rude awakening. 

On 1/30/2020 at 1:53 PM, frankyjames said:

Richard Sherman about to put the locks on the overrated Chiefs offense! :) 

On 1/30/2020 at 1:53 PM, frankyjames said:

You are kidding right? Tennessee is not likely even a playoff team in the NFC. 

That statement just exemplifies how most of you clowns on the east coast in the south have never watched a full Niner game this year. 

You are in for a treat on Sunday! :) 

On 1/30/2020 at 2:13 PM, frankyjames said:

Chiefs will not be able to stop the run. That will be the game. 

I was going to quit after one or two, but there’s so much low-hanging fruit ...

Or perhaps I should say “they’res.”

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, HawgGoneIt said:

They played pretty well against all their playoff opponents. Especially against the run. 

The argument was the San Fran run was different than the Tennessee run, who had the league rushing leader. It was different. They didn't have the league rushing leader. xD

Actually in the 4th, Frisco stopped running the ball.  2nd and and 4 with 11 minutes to go and they're throwing.  1 or 2 runs after that the entire 4th

Niners went away from what was working after the 2nd Mahomes pick

2 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

Actually in the 4th, Frisco stopped running the ball.  2nd and and 4 with 11 minutes to go and they're throwing.  1 or 2 runs after that the entire 4th

Niners went away from what was working after the 2nd Mahomes pick

The wide receiver almost had more rushing yards than Mostert, if he didn't actually have more. The end around was the best run play for San Fran. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Wosinc said:

I was going to quit after one or two, but there’s so much low-hanging fruit ...

Or perhaps I should say “they’res.”

Funny how ALL the teams he roots for are (to him) always the best, most well-rounded, dominant teams around. Until they aren't. When they win, he's assuredly online gloating about it. When they don't win, he's Casper .. or making excuses in Sammy's thread.

Death, taxes, and this guys shtick. You know how the old saying goes.

Honestly, when it was a 10-point game in the 4th, I had a pretty strong feeling KC was going to win it. Even more so once they closed to 20-17. The momentum just felt that way to me. And, that's how KC had been winning this entire postseason. It's almost like they screwed around until they knew it was go time.

Can't really argue with that notion because they became the first team in NFL history to win 3 consecutive playoff games after trailing by double digits in each. It became their M.O.

You also saw the stark contrast between a truly elite level QB and an average-to-good one in just two plays.

Mahomes 44-yd completion to Tyreke Hill on 3rd & 15 under the heat of a rusher vs. Jimmy G’s overthrow to wide open Emmanuel Sanders w/ 1:35 remaining. Mahomes was much more likely to complete the throw Garoppolo missed.

Also think it's funny that so many Niners fans believe they should have won. Just because they had the lead late doesn't entitle them to a win. Gotta play 60 minutes and sometimes more. A good portion of games are typically decided in the final minutes. Holding a 10-point lead with 7 minutes to go doesn't equate to a sure win.

2 scores against KC isn't the same as 2 scores against most other teams. And other teams are able to battle back from that deficit routinely. It's just two plays.

I thought Mahomes and KC played a poor game for the most part, offensively speaking, yet still found a way to win. That tells me a lot. SF deserves some credit for it, of course, but on the whole I thought a lot of KC's offensive problems weren't forced. That's precisely why they were able to get it together late.

If these teams played 10 times, KC's offense would play better than they did in yesterday's game in most of them. And SF's offense with Garoppolo just isn't good enough to keep up. KC wins 6-7 out of the 10 IMO.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

The wide receiver almost had more rushing yards than Mostert, if he didn't actually have more. The end around was the best run play for San Fran. 

Yeah, that kinda baffled me. It's a bit rare for the same play to work as well as it did as many times as it did. Usually NFL defenses are keen to stuff like that. That's why OC's have to change up formations, shifts, motions, personnel, and other tendencies so much. They might get away with running the same type of pass routes or smash mouth in between the tackle rush attack. But an end around?

Thought it would have been smart to keep running that play here and there until KC finally stopped it for less than 10 yards. lol

• Like 1

Then about Mahomes:

I didn't realize at the time, but the INT's he threw in the SB were the first of his postseason career.

In 5 postseason games, he's thrown 17 TD's and only 2 INT's. And now is part of 1 SB title with his teammates.

If it wasn't for Dee Ford lining up offside against NE, it's possible Mahomes might be part of 2 title teams. Certainly would have been in 2 SB's as only a 2 year starter.

Not bad at all.

• Like 3