Valdosta wildcats HC fired

Ga96

Just now, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Both boys and girls nailed region...

BGW

Our girls won the area and area tournament 28-2 . Girls dropped a game late in the season to  #2 Spain Park just had a bad game 1 point game with a minute. Thats the first game a healthy girls team  has lost in 3 seasons. Beat them by 25 back in December. We are a #1 seed in regionals. Girls should win regionals on paper. 

Boys made regionals. All 4 in their regional are about even any of them could win it. Lucky Mountain Brook is in another region.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Our girls won the area and area tournament 28-2 . Girls dropped a game late in the season to  #2 Spain Park just had a bad game 1 point game with a minute. Thats the first game a healthy girls team  has lost in 3 seasons. Beat them by 25 back in December. We are a #1 seed in regionals. Girls should win regionals on paper. 

Boys made regionals. All 4 in their regional are about even any of them could win it. Lucky Mountain Brook is in another region.

Girls lost a nail-biter to Wesleyan earlier, only loss on the schedule... boys I don't follow as intently... the boys do have some talent... we'll see how Coach Martin does with this group... Coach Martin has won titles at Norcross and GAC as well.

BGW

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

@HooverOutlaw what do you know about Gardendale? 

They're Hosting one of our 3A powers Calhoun... And Calhoun is no joke... Absolutely loaded... 

Is this gonna be a good game or is it gonna be a blow out?

Gardendale is Coached by former Hoover assistant Chad Eads.  Gardendale is 6A but probably 4a or 5a in Georgia. Calhoun probably by 3 or 4 scores.  I'd look for a 38-14 type game. Hard to see them scoring much on Calhoun In 3A Georgia Gardendale year in year out probably is a 5-5 or 6-4. May win a playoff game every few years. I think this is the first time ever they have played out of state. 

4 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Gardendale is Coached by former Hoover assistant Chad Eads.  Gardendale is 6A but probably 4a or 5a in Georgia. Calhoun probably by 3 or 4 scores.  I'd look for a 38-14 type game. Hard to see them scoring much on Calhoun In 3A Georgia Gardendale year in year out probably is a 5-5 or 6-4. May win a playoff game every few years. I think this is the first time ever they have played out of state. 

It's an October game so They have time to warm up... Calhoun hasn't played an OOS game since the late 80's... 

C'mon now. We all know that the BOE knows what's best for these kids. That's why we elected them. 

A laundry list of student athletes and citizens stood up for Rush. At the end of the day, the constituents wishes nor the kids' wishes made any little bit of difference.  

You know why? The BOE knows best! They are beyond reproach. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

C'mon now. We all know that the BOE knows what's best for these kids. That's why we elected them. 

A laundry list of student athletes and citizens stood up for Rush. At the end of the day, the constituents wishes nor the kids' wishes made any little bit of difference.  

Ah yes the classic "We know what's best for you" stance that people in power love to use... 

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

https://www.ajc.com/blog/high-school-sports/valdosta-school-board-reconsider-coach-firing/AFxeGOOapv3m4ZcKbdGcGJ/

AJC article. Tuesday is the day for revote....for what it's worth, can't recall AJC if ever noted the ethnicity of anyone.

BGW

I don't think they did. If not for anonymous message board loons, nobody would have ever noted the ethnicity of anyone involved. 

26 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I don't think they did. If not for anonymous message board loons, nobody would have ever noted the ethnicity of anyone involved. 

Rodemaker expressed concern that the original vote followed racial lines. The five who voted to dismiss Rodemaker, who is white, were African-Americans. The four who voted to retain Rodemaker were white. ~ AJC

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

The kids in those videos are "paid actors" outa Clyattville.  

Get your head in the game.

(Smile)

Rufus>>

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

The quoted material above Doofus's attempt at humor^^^^ what I was speaking to Hawg.... I think it's significant in that I can't recall a article of late where race was mentioned.

Now I have no feelings on this other than it's a crapstorm.

BGW

It's definitley a crapstorm. Like I said before the racial stuff goes back to the all world move in qb having to split time with a less talented qb. 

This got stirred up back then. Whether the BOE voted strictly on racial motivations or not idk. The message boards are of course full of it. Rodemaker just picked it right up from there. 

Pretty distasteful imo. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

It's definitley a crapstorm. Like I said before the racial stuff goes back to the all world move in qb having to split time with a less talented qb. 

This got stirred up back then. Whether the BOE voted strictly on racial motivations or not idk. The message boards are of course full of it. Rodemaker just picked it right up from there. 

Pretty distasteful imo. 

Hawg...I have it on good authority that the Velvet Voice is in Azalea City to straighten the "crapstorm" out.   When he talks...people listen (EF Hutton)….or they used to...(Smile).

Rufus>>

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Well damn. I stand corrected. 

images.jpeg.4fbef2acb4c1fe61bb68975f3f7d4561.jpeg

I think people put to much stock into BS if the coach is doing his job then his color shouldn't be a factor... 

Rodemaker was doing his job... Sending the boys to college and winning games... 

No coach is gonna win a state title every year... Outside of that Rodemaker was a decent coach. 

And given that there's been no legitimate reason for his job loss and no one's said anything.... 

It's getting kinda hard to cover the BOE's ass...