OT-WE ALL KNEW IT!!! BYE TRUMPY

AztecPadre

12 hours ago, Pops said:

I'm with you about 100% on football posts and 0% on political posts but this cracks me up

west side Carmel is muey bueno -- must have been a tough transition from there to the rough hallways in providence 

Hahaha. It's was hell making the transition. But a thugs gotta do what a thugs gotta do. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, noonereal said:

That is what I liked. He did speak  to the negative of what Trump did, Trump's action. Reasoned and non emotional. 

At the 1:50 mark he humps his book. Again I like how he was reasoned and unemotional. 

That said, I do not like when one feels their belief or life template, individually or as a generation is superior to another. It's not. It's just different. None the less I like the guy in spite of not agreeing with his politics nor generational assessment because he is reasoned, principled and pragmatic. Clearly a guy that can think for himself.

You see the thing is, this generation is reacting to the stimuli presented just as mine did and just as the one before me did. The greatest generation, the generation before me, was no greater than the generation today. Just different circumstances requiring different behaviors.  

I agree but there should be basic beliefs and life templates that apply to all. Family, Country, Work hard for what you want in life, treat others with respect, teach your kids the same and support them , don't leech of society, etc

I don't recall the news ever being so partisan growing up 20-30 years ago. It reported news as it happen and people made their own decisions. 

These CNN, MNBC, Fox News shows nowadays are major reason why society is so fcked now. You see anti left or anti right negative news agendas all day everyday on tv, radio, social media, etc. 

2 minutes ago, NorCalRuss said:

I agree but there should be basic beliefs and life templates that apply to all. Family, Country, Work hard for what you want in life, treat others with respect, teach your kids the same and support them , don't leech of society, etc

we have societal norms, they are called the law. 

Demanding anything more is taking away more freedoms. 

(our freedom is an illusion anyway)

As to hard work, a crock of manure. (plus, how does one define hard work)

the toughest job I ever had was the one where I made the least. It was even exempt from most labor laws, like minimum wage.

The easiest job I ever had put me in the top 2%. 

Generally speaking, the people who did best in this life financially did not come from nothing. Very much the opposite. 

Funny thing is, being handed a home or business or money both they did not feel was an advantage. Basically everyone think they were harder working, smarter, more disciplined. I have found it seldom to be the case. 

1 hour ago, noonereal said:

the toughest job I ever had was the one where I made the least. It was even exempt from most labor laws, like minimum wage.

Generally speaking, the people who did best in this life financially did not come from nothing. Very much the opposite. 

Funny thing is, being handed a home or business or money both they did not feel was an advantage. Basically everyone think they were harder working, smarter, more disciplined. I have found it seldom to be the case. 

I've never seen a harder worker than the single mother raising kids working 1-2 jobs.  Except for the knuckleheads who scam the system, most poor people work harder than anybody.  Generally speaking.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, World Citizen said:

I've never seen a harder worker than the single mother raising kids working 1-2 jobs.  Except for the knuckleheads who scam the system, most poor people work harder than anybody.  Generally speaking.

they are called criminals and most times they are just as hard working just void of ability to achieve in our capitalistic system 

3 hours ago, DBP66 said:

Today's chaos in Trump world...the only person with some creditability in his White House Gen. McMaster gets thrown under the bus too!...after coming out yesterday denying any such conversation took place today he changes his tune and like the rest of Trumps' cronies and now he too lost all creditability....:o...that didn't take too long....

...sort of like what Bush did with Colin Powell and the WMD B.S. in front of the U.N....

You mean like the chemical weapons used in Syria by way of Iraq? Oh yea I forgot.  Bush lied. People died. You libs never change.

3 hours ago, noonereal said:

The hard work you did for Lil $ prob set you up for the easy work with big $$$ I assume.

I believe that " hard work" can be defined differently for each person. If one is well off, hard work can be going to college and doing well in school to help oneself be successful in life-work. Sure, you may have it easier because of money but still have to put work in. If one isn't well off, "hard work" could mean getting a job at local grocery store while in school. Buying a clunker car on your own making your own payments to help ya get by. Then getting another job making more income then buying your first new car and that become possible because of the grunt work at grocery store and repeating the process until you have  a successful career. 

I don't look down on anyone who had a home passed on to them or were lucky enough to take over a family business. They were lucky enough to have responsible parents/family that were successful. 

I looked up to that as a teen and young adult and wanted to do the same for my kids one day. 

I grew up poor and watched my single mom work 3 jobs to support us. I worked hard on numerous jobs to finally get a 6 figure income and it was easiest job I ever had as well. I was GM and SM of a health club making 6 figures in a area where there were few jobs that made close to that. 

I'll be layed off Aug 18 so I get to start the process again! ??????

• Like 2

Just now, NorCalRuss said:

I'll be up at clearlake in a fishing tournament this weekend then Santa Cruz Memorial Day weekend. Hopefully the great whites stay down south! 

Yeah they have been spotted all over the freaking pacific coast.  I dare not enter the ocean right now.  SC is going to be hella packed for Memorial day weekend.  What kind of fishing?

• Like 1

Just now, AztecPadre said:

Yeah they have been spotted all over the freaking pacific coast.  I dare not enter the ocean right now.  SC is going to be hella packed for Memorial day weekend.  What kind of fishing?

Clearlake Catfish Derby. There's over 1000 entrants usually here for this one. $10000 prizes. I've been 7 years in a row and havnt placed yet. Lol, a local always "wins". It's great fishing though, avg Catfish is about 15-16 lbs. Biggest we caught is 19 lbs. winners are usually about 24-20lbs. They have huge bass and carp there as well so we fish for them a lil sometimes. 

15 minutes ago, NorCalRuss said:

Clearlake Catfish Derby. There's over 1000 entrants usually here for this one. $10000 prizes. I've been 7 years in a row and havnt placed yet. Lol, a local always "wins". It's great fishing though, avg Catfish is about 15-16 lbs. Biggest we caught is 19 lbs. winners are usually about 24-20lbs. They have huge bass and carp there as well so we fish for them a lil sometimes. 

Damn that sounds fun.  I love shit like that and some fried catfish ain't too bad either.  How far is Clearlake from Brookings? 

Today's Headline:

...as of 2 hours ago the NY Times is reporting that Trump asked Comey to drop the investigation into Flynn based on notes of the meeting taken by Comey....this is all to unbelievable what is happening to our country at the moment...we're in total meltdown mode right now thanks to crazy Donny....as the world laughs at us....

I assume that those reading this thread are aware that Comey had a number of memos about Trump which included a least one which specifically said that Trump asked him to end the Flynn probe.  From mid February.

Obstruction of justice.

Breaking news as of 5:30 EST on every channel. 

Every night there is something else.  As Trump attacked countless Republicans and went after Hillary and the Press and the Judiciary and our Intelligence services and continued to sympathize with Russians and Putin (note the bombing of hospitals by the Russians who Trump was laughing with in the White House with)(John McCain was furious that Trump allowed one of them in; his daughter's comments on Fox' "Outnumbered" today were extremely interesting, perhaps reflecting his attitue)-it is coming back to haunt, probably to indict him.  

I ask the question again for all of you who support Trump:  why?  What do you believe he will do for you?  Lower your taxes, bring a job to your hometown, build a wall (really!)-what will he do for you?  

While you are waiting for him to come through America is being disgraced and mistrusted around the world.

• Like 2

I thought I saw in his tweet or some release or something where Trump said he felt it necessary to share some intelligence with the Ruskies for "humanitarian" reasons. Is that true?

If so, that's a huge ass joke as he humanitarialy( I know that's not a word) tries to dismantle health insurance for some millions and close the borders for thousands of others. 

Considering that Russia and possible connections with his campaign are in the news man, why would he pick them the be all humanitarian with? O.o

4 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I thought I saw in his tweet or some release or something where Trump said he felt it necessary to share some intelligence with the Ruskies for "humanitarian" reasons. Is that true?

If so, that's a huge ass joke as he humanitarialy( I know that's not a word) tries to dismantle health insurance for some millions and close the borders for thousands of others. 

Considering that Russia and possible connections with his campaign are in the news man, why would he pick them the be all humanitarian with? O.o

It was his tweet this morning.  Provided some great entertainment for me and my coworkers. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, DBP66 said:

Today's Headline:

...as of 2 hours ago the NY Times is reporting that Trump asked Comey to drop the investigation into Flynn based on notes of the meeting taken by Comey....this is all to unbelievable what is happening to our country at the moment...we're in total meltdown mode right now thanks to crazy Donny....as the world laughs at us....

CCboy and David Lee have Tapped-Out.

xD

• Like 1

Bottom line to everything:  Anderson Cooper just asked of Alan Dershowitz, "Should the President of the United States consult an attorney right now?"

His answer was, "yes."  "He does, he should get a private attorney who understands...the first thing that attorney will tell him to do is zip it, has to stop tweeting and stop talking and stop making arguments that he think will help him, in the end they may...."

Washington Post with update @ 8:15 on Comey's notes:  https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/notes-made-by-former-fbi-director-comey-say-trump-pressured-him-to-end-flynn-probe/2017/05/16/52351a38-3a80-11e7-9e48-c4f199710b69_story.html?hpid=hp_rhp-top-table-main_comey-blurb-615pm%3Ahomepage%2Fstory&utm_term=.e02144fd3c31

Legal opinion in the Post:  https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/legal-analysts-trump-might-have-obstructed-justice-if-comeys-allegation-is-true/2017/05/16/24f17d0c-3a83-11e7-8854-21f359183e8c_story.html?hpid=hp_rhp-top-table-main_obstruction-750pm%3Ahomepage%2Fstory&utm_term=.3f5d82d24240

Comment about the possibility of tapes: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2017/05/16/president-trump-should-be-very-afraid-of-james-comeys-memos/?hpid=hp_rhp-top-table-main_fix-comeymemos-730pm%3Ahomepage%2Fstory&utm_term=.4f67ef71b4e1 

One more:

This is too much.  What about North Korea, what about Syria, health insurance for 20 million or more of us, taxes, a college education (Bernie), global warming (yes, global warming) and on and on and on.

It's not about Trump.  It's about us.  About what makes a difference in our lives.  I don't care if it's Pence, Kasich, McCain, Graham, Clinton, Sanders or whoever-I just want to talk about us.  

Not about Trump.  Us.

I really don't like Ted Cruz:  but we'd be a lot better off if he (or anyone else) was in office right now.

Not Trump.

22 minutes ago, BigDrop said:

One more:

This is too much.  What about North Korea, what about Syria, health insurance for 20 million or more of us, taxes, a college education (Bernie), global warming (yes, global warming) and on and on and on.

It's not about Trump.  It's about us.  About what makes a difference in our lives.  I don't care if it's Pence, Kasich, McCain, Graham, Clinton, Sanders or whoever-I just want to talk about us.  

Not about Trump.  Us.

I really don't like Ted Cruz:  but we'd be a lot better off if he (or anyone else) was in office right now.

Not Trump.

North Korea? You mean the nutball who is rapidly developing missiles whose reach grows closer and closer to US territory?

What about Syria? Was it in a good place after the last guy?

Health insurance? You mean the so-called ACA, which was shoved down out throats on lies and a 100% partisan vote? The system that provides high deductibles beyond what most can actually achieve and that it collapsing under its own weight?

Taxes? What about taxes? Let's simplify and give people back their money. You know it is the PEOPLE'S money, right BD?

College?  Please tell the class what has happened to tuition since the federal gubmint got involved in student loans.  Bernie and a decent course in economics or finance have never crossed paths.

Global warming? The corruption in the global warming/climate disruption/whatever movement is colossal.  Data manipulation, government power grabs... It's awful.  I don't purport to claim that man has no impact on the climate, but these guys can't predict the time of day. Did you notice how wealthy it made Al Gore? Why are polar bear populations higher? Why isn't Florida under water yet?

And on and on and on...

• Like 1