National Tournament 2020

Columbiafan

1 hour ago, Columbiafan said:

National Tournament final matchups

Finals 

Mater Dei (CA) vs St Thomas Aquinas (FL) 

Consultation game

North Shore (TX) vs St Joseph Prep (PA)

Voting closes Saturday at 8pm EST

Logopit_1593664761075.jpg.ea748cdf9ddd16a132996e12527f4024.jpg

Logopit_1593664833944.jpg.a01c82b87adfacd06456d80cd11d7d94.jpg

@Omaha Vol @BUFORDGAWOLVES @954gator @AztecPadre @Sweetlarry @LT4Spartan06 @Sammyswordsman @Horsefly @ngdawg @DarterBlue @HurricaneNick @ChimpGrip

Consultation? Dammit Columbia, you’re getting expensive!

MD & NS

bgw

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

Well, it's basically over now. Mater Dei is our national champions. @Columbiafan, do you have a full bracket so I can see the round-by-round matchups? It's okay if you don't, I just think that would be cool to look at.

Unfortunately no because I just used the documents to update them round by round but every round is posted in this thread so you can look back at the earlier pages and see the rounds that way 

I probably will have a post tournament show though 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

Unfortunately no because I just used the documents to update them round by round but every round is posted in this thread so you can look back at the earlier pages and see the rounds that way 

I probably will have a post tournament show though 

Ok, thanks. Like this message if you would want to see me organize the whole tournament into a bracket. I just want to know if it would be worth doing it. 

@Omaha Vol @BUFORDGAWOLVES @954gator @AztecPadre @Sweetlarry @LT4Spartan06 @Sammyswordsman @Horsefly @DarterBlue @HurricaneNick @ChimpGrip

• Thanks 3
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, ngdawg said:

Ok, thanks. Like this message if you would want to see me organize the whole tournament into a bracket. I just want to know if it would be worth doing it. 

@Omaha Vol @BUFORDGAWOLVES @954gator @AztecPadre @Sweetlarry @LT4Spartan06 @Sammyswordsman @Horsefly @DarterBlue @HurricaneNick @ChimpGrip

I woulda picked Mater Dei and NS for what it’s worth.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

The South and North regions are complete. I will finish the other two regions after a little break.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1j4P_9R8SmklLeuVCvtsM0WwItURcPcWVtFDLXrVoU6E/edit?usp=sharing

That looks great, I may need to consult with you in the future regarding spreadsheets because only reason I didn't do it was I had no idea how to work spreadsheets and when I did brackets before and tried to upload it, it was too out of focus to be readable

• Like 1

Few things from south.

I’m not so sure AHP or Cardinal Gibbons would win over Milton or Phenix City.   They weren’t that great this year IMO.  Skill players yes, but not very powerful teams IMO.    

Armwood was a solid team but I think I’d take Lowndes in that matchup.  Would be an interesting matchup though because Armwood wasn’t a team you could really pound the ball on and they had some guys that could make big plays.   

I don’t buy Dutch Fork beating NG and I promise they get beat oretty bad by Lakeland.   I wasn’t overly impressed with the South Carolina teams this year (I think NC has caught up with them,  Mallard Creek looked better than DF IMO when they played).   Lakeland had some key injuries in their loss to Armwood, and although Edgewater and Armwood made it further in the playoffs, if I’m looking at matchups between these teams in a neutral site (healthy) I’ve got Lakeland on top personally (with the backup QB though 😂)

STA vs IMG Would have been interesting, but the matchup would be very tough for STA’s offense.  IMG in my personal opinion would’ve been even with SFA on a neutral field.   They had a horrible game but they were still winning the LOS (which says a lot vs SFA) but that RB for SFA had an amazing game.   Thought the refs were pretty  harsh on IMG in that one also (field position especially).   I wouldn’t be too fooled by the score in that one IMO.  Good thing is STA’s D was very good as well so it would be low scoring and IMG’s O wasn’t very balanced this year.  

6 minutes ago, 954gator said:

Few things from south.

I’m not so sure AHP or Cardinal Gibbons would win over Milton or Phenix City.   They weren’t that great this year IMO.  Skill players yes, but not very powerful teams IMO.    

Armwood was a solid team but I think I’d take Lowndes in that matchup.  Would be an interesting matchup though because Armwood wasn’t a team you could really pound the ball on and they had some guys that could make big plays.   

I don’t buy Dutch Fork beating NG and I promise they get beat oretty bad by Lakeland.   I wasn’t overly impressed with the South Carolina teams this year (I think NC has caught up with them,  Mallard Creek looked better than DF IMO when they played).   Lakeland had some key injuries in their loss to Armwood, and although Edgewater and Armwood made it further in the playoffs, if I’m looking at matchups between these teams in a neutral site (healthy) I’ve got Lakeland on top personally.

STA vs IMG Would have been interesting, but the matchup would be very tough for STA’s offense.  IMG in my personal opinion would’ve been even with SFA on a neutral field.   They had a horrible game but they were still winning the LOS (which says a lot vs SFA) but that RB for SFA had an amazing game.   Thought the refs were pretty  harsh on IMG in that one also (field position especially).   I wouldn’t be too fooled by the score in that one IMO.  Good thing is STA’s D was very good as well so it would be low scoring and IMG’s O wasn’t very balanced this year.  

Milton was down this year as well 

And you give IMG too much credit, I called at the beginning of the season that SFA would put them down, having the 24/7 darlings don't mean they unbeatable, SFA was better on paper than IMG

I do believe STA would have beaten IMG, STA even if I think the head coach is a bit overrated, is still a much better coached team than IMG, especially with assistants on staff like Jason Taylor

STA also has the size and depth to match IMG so I don't see how STA couldn't have beaten them and I would take SFA beating last year IMG 9 times out of 10

15 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

I do believe STA would have beaten IMG, STA even if I think the head coach is a bit overrated, is still a much better coached team than IMG, especially with assistants on staff like Jason Taylor

STA also has the size and depth to match IMG so I don't see how STA couldn't have beaten them and I would take SFA beating last year IMG 9 times out of 10

15 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

Maybe true...last year...if this season gets played I look for IMG to get revenge on SFA and go undefeated...probably being the mythical champs.

1 hour ago, 954gator said:

Few things from south.

I don’t buy Dutch Fork beating NG and I promise they get beat oretty bad by Lakeland.   I wasn’t overly impressed with the South Carolina teams this year (I think NC has caught up with them,  Mallard Creek looked better than DF IMO when they played).   Lakeland had some key injuries in their loss to Armwood, and although Edgewater and Armwood made it further in the playoffs, if I’m looking at matchups between these teams in a neutral site (healthy) I’ve got Lakeland on top personally (with the backup QB though 😂)

I agree with taking Lowndes over Armwood. Armwood is similar to North Gwinnett and NG got thrashed by Lowndes. Lowndes would beat Armwood 35-18. Dutch Fork vs. North Gwinnett would be a great game. North Gwinnett does have the tougher schedule, but Dutch Fork is a very strong team. If the game were at North Gwinnett, I would pick NG by a score of 27-24. If it were neutral or at Dutch Fork, DF would win 35-24. STA and IMG seem to be very equal to me. That game is a tossup, but if I had to choose, I would say IMG by a score of 35-31. 

7 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

I agree with taking Lowndes over Armwood. Armwood is similar to North Gwinnett and NG got thrashed by Lowndes. Lowndes would beat Armwood 35-18. Dutch Fork vs. North Gwinnett would be a great game. North Gwinnett does have the tougher schedule, but Dutch Fork is a very strong team. If the game were at North Gwinnett, I would pick NG by a score of 27-24. If it were neutral or at Dutch Fork, DF would win 35-24. STA and IMG seem to be very equal to me. That game is a tossup, but if I had to choose, I would say IMG by a score of 35-31. 

You think IMG would score 35 points on that STA defense?