Correct Responses to the Coronavirus

concha

13 hours ago, thc6795 said:

Is it not true? People are freaking out over a fucking cold.

20% hospitalization needed 

10 times the kill rate of a flu. Some think 35-70 times the kill rate. 

2.5 times more contagious than theflu.

No vaccine available. 

It has closed counties.

No, it's hardly a cold.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, noonereal said:

10 times the kill rate of a flu. Some thing 35-70 times the kill rate. 

No vaccine available. 

It has closed counties.

No, it's hardly a cold.

You are exactly who they target you fucking retard dram queen. You're too fucking stupid to even realize it. Maybe you do realize but your level of ethics precludes you from doing the ethical deeds. Enjoy being a dumbass. 👍

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, noonereal said:

10 times the kill rate of a flu. Some thing 35-70 times the kill rate. 

No vaccine available. 

It has closed counties.

No, it's hardly a cold.

Where the fuck are you getting these bullshit numbers?

Do you know anyone with Wuhan coronavirus? Not people you have been told about. Do you personally know anyone?

• Like 1

Just now, Blueliner said:

You are exactly who they target you fucking retard dram queen. You're too fucking stupid to even realize it. Maybe you do realize but your level of ethics precludes you from doing the ethical deeds. Enjoy being a dumbass. 👍

Yeah those numbers he posted are bullshit.

He isn't the only one who believes everything the TV tells him.

• Like 1

Just now, thc6795 said:

Where the fuck are you getting these bullshit numbers?

Do you know anyone with Wuhan coronavirus? Not people you have been told about. Do you personally know anyone?

The argument you are attempting to make is a logical fallacy. 

These numbers are not in dispute. Justsayin. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, noonereal said:

The argument you are attempting to make is a logical fallacy. 

These numbers are not in dispute. Justsayin. 

So do you personally know anyone or not? I mean the TV is telling us 70% will catch it. The Dems are saying one million will die. That's a lot of fucking people. So do you know anyone or not?

4 minutes ago, noonereal said:

With all respect and sincerity , I am very studied man. I have looked at these numbers mAny ways, many times. 

There is a reason countries are shutting down.

That we agree on. We differ on the reason why. You agree because they tell you too. I question why this bullshit virus that know one I personally know has. Is able to shut down a planet.

• Like 1

The number of confirmed cases is going to rise quickly due to increased testing.  Keep an eye on the number of deaths over the next 2 weeks.  That is a lagging indicator, but should accelerate significantly soon if there is to be real trouble.  All this social distancing is predicated on the idea that we usually get this far away from our inner circle of associates, when it in fact probably usually comes from someone close to us.

• Like 1

Federal Reserve slashes rates to zero, restarts QE in emergency Sunday announcement

The Federal Reserve made an emergency announcement Sunday afternoon by announcing that it would be cutting interest rates to zero for the first time since the financial crisis.

The central bank said it will use its “full range of tools” to battle the economic impacts of the novel coronavirus and announced quantitative easing in the form of at least $700 billion of asset purchases. 

“The actions we have announced today will help American families and businesses, and indeed, our entire economy weather this difficult period and will foster a more vigorous return to normal once the disruptions from the coronavirus abate,” Fed Chairman Jerome Powell said in a statement.

Powell said the U.S. economy appeared to have “strong footing” ahead of the coronavirus outbreak, but said the negative impact to key industries like travel, leisure, and hospitality “means that the second quarter [of growth] is probably going to be weak.”

The Fed chairman said Congress and the White House will ultimately have to address the health implications of the crisis, adding that only fiscal policy can “direct relief to particular populations and groups.”

Powell reiterated several times in a Sunday night press conference that the actions are designed to motivate banks to support businesses, as quarantines around the country raise concerns that businesses will have to close their doors and possibly lay off workers.

Powell said lowering rates to zero "will matter to borrowers who will get some relief from our cuts, but they’ll matter a lot more when the economy begins to recover.

• Like 1

Closing school in South Carolina means Nana takes care of the kids.  Closing daycare means single mothers often cannot work, feed the family etc.  There are huge real world implications to all of these actions, with not a lot of real evidence that they work.  Computer modeling is based on assumptions that may or may not be valid.  South Korea did not impose China’s draconian measures.  And I am not sure we yet know why China’s numbers dropped.  Policy makers have to make decisions with limited info - they are trying to do their best, so beating them up is not warranted.  We may learn a lot from this, and some prior assumptions may be found wrong.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

You turkeys are dickering about 5% needing hospitalization. 

Let's just look at my county alone. 

I'll use the conservative 70% number that thc announces as THE number, in spite of everything I've read or listened to saying 80%. 

There is roughly 46k people in my county. There is one hospital with 98 manned beds. 

If 70% get infected and it takes weeks to recover, and anywhere from 15 to 20 percent need hospitalization? That's what? 1000k beds needed right off the top of my head. Let's not even consider the percentage needing ICU. 

Stupid argument really. Carry on dickering about 2% to 5% hospitalization rates like it makes a difference in red America!

I figure that all the shut down of travel from other countries may make sense. I also figure that disallowing travel from hotspots inside this country make sense... given that you are testing adequately and giving honest numbers. Neither of which are happening yet in this country. 

As of today 99 cases of covid-19 reported in Georgia but they refuse to say how many people have been tested which is ridiculous and throws any numbers and percentages out completely. 

It's time to get real and get honest about this bullshit.

• Like 2

If it's 99 cases today and that's all the fuck there is, times it by two in 4 days. By 2 more in 8 days and etc. 

There is more than 99 cases in Georgia today. All they have tested and confirmed is that number. 

They shouldn't even release numbers that are incomplete because they make dumb asses say and do dumb shit.