Correct Responses to the Coronavirus

concha

We seem to have lots of medical and policy geniuses on here that know what should have been done and should be done on an ongoing basis.

So let's be specific.

What should be done and should have been done?

Were these same things done in a timelier fashion by the Executive Branch for H1N1?  What was your public reaction then (if any)?

Exactly what would these proposals and policies done to alleviate the impact on the markets?

Do any of you honestly believe that a Biden administration would have done better? You know, the guy who thinks the China travel restrictions were racist and xenophobic (but are viewed as a great move by the likes of Dr. Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases).

Have at it.

Just now, concha said:

We seem to have lots of medical and policy geniuses on here that know what should have been done and should be done on an ongoing basis.

So let's be specific.

Were these same things done in a timelier fashion by the Executive Branch for H1N1?  What was your public reaction then (if any)?

Exactly what would these proposals and policies done to alleviate the impact on the markets?

Do any of you honestly believe that a Biden administration would have done better? You know, the guy who thinks the China travel restrictions were racist and xenophobic (but are viewed as a great move by the likes of Dr. Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases).

Have at it.

@Blueliner

you're up 

• Haha 4

First thing s first...gotta cut funding to deep state shit 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/to-your-health/wp/2018/05/10/top-white-house-official-in-charge-of-pandemic-response-exits-abruptly/

Then in the case of a real pandemic, the first thing I'd do is claim fake news and democratic hoax. 

Second thing I'd do is put a gag order on scientists and appoint the VP and a lawyer to filter any information to the public. 

Third thing is lie about test kit numbers and availability. 

Still thinking on what to do next. Give me a few weeks as I hope it just goes away on it's own. 

• Haha 4

11 minutes ago, concha said:

What...should have been done?

Trump should have behaved as an adult from the get-go.

He spoke irresponsibly by claiming the information released by the WHO and/or CDC was incorrect, based on a "hunch" he had. A hunch!

Likewise, claiming a "hoax" created by Democrats was not something many would have recommended. But he's like a honey badger, too -- He don't give a shit!

Oh well, Obama this, or deaths still accumulating in Chicago that, or Biden is old, or Hillary is ugly, or whatever. Trump's behavior can always easily be explained away, right?

• Like 6

34 minutes ago, concha said:

So let's be specific.

Have at it.

he lied to all Americans at a time of crisis by saying "anyone who needs a test can get a test".....that's 110% bullshit....not a good thing to do when 1/2 the country is in panic mode...maybe one day he'll stop lying??....:$

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, maxchoboian said:

He spoke irresponsibly by claiming the information released by the WHO and/or CDC was incorrect, based on a "hunch" he had. A hunch!

Likewise, claiming a "hoax" created by Democrats was not something many would have recommended. But he's like a honey badger, too -- He don't give a shit!

Oh well, Obama this, or deaths still accumulating in Chicago that, or Biden is old, or Hillary is ugly, or whatever. Trump's behavior can always easily be explained away, right?

1. So the travel ban that likely prevented hundreds of thousands from being exposed (notice I didn't say die) to this crud wasn't an adult act? Joe Dementia would have kept all borders nice and wide open...don't want to be a xenophobe and all ya know.

2. When this thing finally fizzles out...and it will...likely sooner rather than later (well, as long as the media doesn't keep reporting this in this manner 'til November), Trump is going to turn out to be "right". 

3. The virus is not a hoax. The dems politicizing this for their benefit is their "next hoax" as he called it. You know...after all of the other hoaxes that the dcraps lied (and consistently still lie) about? And he IS the Honey Badger....he don't give a shit...about unethical, lying, intimidating, divisive, intolerant, and violent progressives and media. He CERTAINLY, without question, gives a shit about America and it's people.

4.  Yes Obama was terrible since you brought it up. He let 1000s die before he got off of his ass (among the other hundreds of faceplants the man did). Were the CDC and the WHO retards back in 2009? Did they forget how to do their jobs? Is this THEIR fault that 10s of thousands of Americans died?  Were they telling Obie to just not worry about it? Good grief, max. Yep Chicago is still a murder-torn town (not that it has to do with anything here). Biden is not only old, he's got dementia...and you are ok with putting this guy in the toughest job on the face of this planet...just to spite Trump. Sad. Who cares about Hillary's looks? She is an evil woman. No question. Trump's behavior is certainly not ideal. Sometimes very "unpresidential". But he is just countering the battle tactics of the left. He knows, and has the cojones to do it, how to deal with a left and media that will do anything, say anything, and destroy anyone that gets in their way of getting and retaining power. He's simply smarter than you guys and you hated it. Understandable.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Well, apparently I'm still learning about what is ok to politicize and what isn't ok to politicize. Apparently as long as it's "my guy" politicizing EVERYTHING, then it's not ok. If it's "your guy" politicizing everything, it's fine as wine. 

/endpolitcalcrapontheOT 

It's over. We can all go home. I covered it all in that one paragraph.Everything else is a huge waste of time. 😂

• Like 2

1 hour ago, maxchoboian said:

The hoax was his take on the extreme reaction by the press (you may have seen references to his January travel restrictions with China as not being responsible, but racist and xenophobic).  Thoughts on that?

What was your public reaction to Obama taking 6 months to react to H1N1? And his emergency declaration after it was declared a pandemic? Anything about maturity... competence? I'm guessing little to nothing compared to this. Hypocrisy is a wonderful thing.

• Like 1

Just now, concha said:

The hoax was his take on the extreme reaction by the press (you may have seen references to his January travel restrictions with China as not being responsible, but racist and xenophobic).  Thoughts on that?

What was your public reaction to Obama taking 6 months to react to H1N1? After it was declared a pandemic? Anything about maturity... competence? I'm guessing little to nothing compared to this. Hypocrisy is a wonderful thing.

Like to point out, maturity or appearance of maturity was definitely one of Obama's strong suits. 

We dare not forget Trump's tweets about ebola and all of hos criticisms of Obama. Dare not! 

Not sure who started politicizing pandemics and the stock market or any of those things, but, I'm guessing that they're reaping what they sowed. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, concha said:

What was your public reaction to Obama taking 6 months to react to H1N1? And his emergency declaration after it was declared a pandemic? Anything about maturity... competence? I'm guessing little to nothing compared to this. Hypocrisy is a wonderful thing.

Your post asked what could have been done differently. I had a "hunch" you couldn't go without comparisons to Obama, or other distractions to move away from what an answer or two might have been.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Not sure who started politicizing pandemics and the stock market or any of those things, but, I'm guessing that they're reaping what they sowed. 

Seems like you are falling in with the wrong lead...

and using other's faults as an excuse for your own here...

What do you think.

🤔

• Confused 1

Just now, maxchoboian said:

Your post asked what could have been done differently. I had a "hunch" you couldn't go without comparisons to Obama, or other distractions to move away from what an answer or two might have been.

So, foul on my part asking if people are being hypocrites?

OK.

The White House scrambles to clarify key details from Trump's speech announcing his coronavirus response

gpanetta@businessinsider.com (Grace Panetta)
Business Insider ‎March‎ ‎11‎, ‎2020‎ ‎11‎:‎51‎ ‎PM

President Donald Trump addressed the nation from the Oval Office about the novel coronavirus on Wednesday night.

Doug Mills/The New York Times via AP, Pool

• Three crucial components of President Donald Trump's nationally televised Wednesday-night address on the US response to the novel coronavirus were quickly walked back or contradicted.

• After Trump announced a 30-day ban on travel from most of Europe to the US, the Department of Homeland Security clarified that it would exclude US citizens and permanent residents. 

• Trump also issued a tweet saying that trade of goods between the US and Europe would not be halted after saying the opposite in his speech.

• A major US health-insurance industry group contradicted Trump's claim that major health insurers would waive co-payments on coronavirus treatments, clarifying the waivers would apply to testing.

Minutes after President Donald Trump delivered a major address Wednesday night on the US response to the novel coronavirus, his own administration and other US officials publicly contradicted three important claims from his speech. 

Trump and the officials quickly walked back his nationally televised statements that 1) the administration would ban all travel from Europe to the US, 2) the ban would also apply to trade and cargo between the US and Europe, and 3) major health insurers would waive co-pays on coronavirus treatment.

..he struck out once again!....:$

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Troll said:

Seems like you are falling in with the wrong lead...

and using other's faults as an excuse for your own here...

What do you think.

🤔

Better than defending the guy doing the leading.

Well, if I was leader of the country and had all the power to lead by example, and make the world a better place, I'd think you pointing that out would make perfect sense. 

• Like 1

Just now, HawgGoneIt said:

Well, if I was leader of the country and had all the power to lead by example, and make the world a better place, I'd think you pointing that out would make perfect sense. 

So THAT'S what you claim to be doing ??? 🤣

Even if true LOL.....

obviously the best response you can give...🤷‍♂️

certainly helps the virus out the most  🙄

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Troll said:

So THAT'S what you claim to be doing ??? 🤣

Even if true LOL.....

obviously the best response you can give...🤷‍♂️

certainly helps the virus out the most  🙄

You're right.  I should certainly go on up and take lead on this thing since I'm the president and all. Maybe everyone would follow my example of not politicizing everything. xD

4 minutes ago, The Guru said:

I'd say if we attacked this issue with the same ferocity as was used to deny it then we might be in a better place today and going forward.

But morons gotta moron.

The same morons who are always wrong or always lie.

Like with Russia!...?

Or who viewed the early travel restrictions with China as a good idea only to be attacked as racists and xenophobes by geniuses on your side of the aisle, Andy?

• Haha 1