Correct Responses to the Coronavirus

concha

1 minute ago, thc6795 said:

So you dont see an over reaction at all?

No not yet.  Mainly because we don’t have a handle on total infected.  I’m also suspicious on what corporations know that we don’t in order for them to dump profits like this.  It’s not in their nature to do this without cause, and I don’t buy it’s because they have it in for the president and want to tank his candidacy 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Horsefly said:

No not yet.  Mainly because we don’t have a handle on total infected.  I’m also suspicious on what corporations know that we don’t in order for them to dump profits like this.  It’s not in their nature to do this without cause, and I don’t buy it’s because they have it in for the president and want to tank his candidacy 

I dont believe it is because of Trump as well, but something is up. 

2 minutes ago, Cat_Scratch said:

So he death rate is less than 2%?

Correct, compared to the death rate for the flu at 0.1%.   Don’t know the long term impact to organs with the Wuhan either.  

There’s a lot we don’t know to be so dismissive of a new disease and it’s long term impact.   

3 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Correct, compared to the death rate for the flu at 0.1%.   Don’t know the long term impact to organs with the Wuhan either.  

There’s a lot we don’t know to be so dismissive of a new disease and it’s long term impact.   

I'll take the 2% over the 7% that someone else was throwing out there.

And yes, the long term effect will be an issue, but probably to better our immunities. Well will just have to wait a see.

I would still rather have this virus over some of the others out there.

10 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

This is something to ponder over. What do they know? My guess is not much more than us and if I'm wrong then we are in the deep in of the pool with no floaties.

19 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

If you watched the Joe Rogan podcast that I posted, Osterholm, a world reknown epidemiologist says that Friday before the terrible Monday last week in the markets, he gave a speech/talk to a large group of multu-national investors. He said he felt like he was talking to a 6 year old that was afraid to go down the dark hall. 

These investors already know/knew the markets were over inflated and being propped up with big talk and little reality, so, they understood that the time was ripe to get out. 

The problem is, that almost seems like insider trading to me as they had information that you and I didn't have. We were actually being told alls well and sit tight, while these guys were being told something totally opposite, more or less. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, thc6795 said:

Bell so far 69 people have died in the US from Wuhan coronavirus and we have basically shut down. The media is keeping a death toll like this was Viet Nam.

during the 2017-2018 flu season 80k Americans died...they closed NOTHING, limited NOTHING, kept daily death trackers on NOTHING.

Why now?

Bro. This is bullshit. I smell a stanky ass rat. I know a lot of people (like we all do). And hardly anyone, and I mean anyone, that is sick let alone dying from CORONAVIRUS! And I'm supposed to be in an "epicenter" of NorCal. In my job (for another two weeks than I'm out!!) I'm around hospitals and staff pretty much everyday. I've gone to about 10,000 meetings about this CORONAVIRUS!. I see and have experienced a lot of talk and not a lot going on in terms of treating CORONAVIRUS!  The docs and nurses are all busier than shit with the normal flu season crowd, but that's it. No requests for extra ventilators and staff etc. Why? Because it's business as usual other than dealing with the occasional panicked person that walks through the ER doors. 

Google CORONAVIRUS!  and click on the images icon. It's the same type of picture over and over and over and over and over. The way that this is being reported by the media, they are getting the exact results that they knew that they would get: Panic.

Conspiracy time. Is it a coincidence that this originated in China? A place where communication is restricted to the point that we'll never get an honest or accurate answer to wtf actually happened? Is it a coincidence that we are in a trade war with them and kicking their ass, and now suddenly in a matter of weeks, our economy has ground to a halt by something that they created?...and wait for it....CHINA now threatens to hold vital medicines over our heads to put us "in a sea of CORONAVIRUS! while their deaths are leveling out or going down.

Is it any coincidence that the other epicenter is now Italy? A place that is certainly a place of interest to Bill Barr and John Durham. Hard to interview anyone when the whole country is on lockdown.

And is it a coincidence that our friends in Iran are being significantly affected (supposedly...how do we really know)?

Is it a coincidence that the WHO declared this a pandemic after 4,000 worldwide deaths? 

Is it a coincidence that this is all happening 6 months before an election...and the sole focus of one party is to oust the sitting POTUS at all or any cost? I could go on, but you get the point.

Probably all simply coincidences🤔. But in my humble opinion, this is an attempt to get us to look at the jazz hands. As you said, something just doesn't add up. The response is astronomically out of proportion to the emergency. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Cat_Scratch said:

I'll take the 2% over the 7% that someone else was throwing out there.

And yes, the long term effect will be an issue, but probably to better our immunities. Well will just have to wait a see.

I would still rather have this virus over some of the others out there.

I don’t know about the last statement highlighted because the 1st one highlighted hasn’t been answered yet.  

I don’t want any of them, no preference to any of these diseases.  

5 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

If you watched the Joe Rogan podcast that I posted, Osterholm, a world reknown epidemiologist says that Friday before the terrible Monday last week in the markets, he gave a speech/talk to a large group of multu-national investors. He said he felt like he was talking to a 6 year old that was afraid to go down the dark hall. 

These investors already know/knew the markets were over inflated and being propped up with big talk and little reality, so, they understood that the time was ripe to get out. 

The problem is, that almost seems like insider trading to me as they had information that you and I didn't have. We were actually being told alls well and sit tight, while these guys were being told something totally opposite, more or less. 

I agree, that was very beneficial info they got and of course they were able to save themselves millions and billions from losses.  

11 minutes ago, Blueliner said:

Bro. This is bullshit. I smell a stanky ass rat. I know a lot of people (like we all do). And hardly anyone, and I mean anyone, that is sick let alone dying from CORONAVIRUS! And I'm supposed to be in an "epicenter" of NorCal. In my job (for another two weeks than I'm out!!) I'm around hospitals and staff pretty much everyday. I've gone to about 10,000 meetings about this CORONAVIRUS!. I see and have experienced a lot of talk and not a lot going on in terms of treating CORONAVIRUS!  The docs and nurses are all busier than shit with the normal flu season crowd, but that's it. No requests for extra ventilators and staff etc. Why? Because it's business as usual other than dealing with the occasional panicked person that walks through the ER doors. 

Google CORONAVIRUS!  and click on the images icon. It's the same type of picture over and over and over and over and over. The way that this is being reported by the media, they are getting the exact results that they knew that they would get: Panic.

Conspiracy time. Is it a coincidence that this originated in China? A place where communication is restricted to the point that we'll never get an honest or accurate answer to wtf actually happened? Is it a coincidence that we are in a trade war with them and kicking their ass, and now suddenly in a matter of weeks, our economy has ground to a halt by something that they created?...and wait for it....CHINA now threatens to hold vital medicines over our heads to put us "in a sea of CORONAVIRUS! while their deaths are leveling out or going down.

Is it any coincidence that the other epicenter is now Italy? A place that is certainly a place of interest to Bill Barr and John Durham. Hard to interview anyone when the whole country is on lockdown.

And is it a coincidence that our friends in Iran are being significantly affected (supposedly...how do we really know)?

Is it a coincidence that the WHO declared this a pandemic after 4,000 worldwide deaths? 

Is it a coincidence that this is all happening 6 months before an election...and the sole focus of one party is to oust the sitting POTUS at all or any cost? I could go on, but you get the point.

Probably all simply coincidences🤔. But in my humble opinion, this is an attempt to get us to look at the jazz hands. As you said, something just doesn't add up. The response is astronomically out of proportion to the emergency. 

hard to argue. Be ready the sheep will be here attacking you soon...not that you give a fuck. I wouldnt either. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, thc6795 said:

hard to argue. Be ready the sheep will be here attacking you soon...not that you give a fuck. I wouldnt either. 

I could give a high fuck what those clowns think. They can go stick their heads back in the sand and continue to enjoy this made for TV drama that's happening. I've been around emergency response my entire adult life. I've been Incident Commander on many incidents where I've overreacted and ordered more resources than needed to mitigate the incident. I get it. It happens. It's not easy to be caught on your heels, and it's better to be safe than sorry sometimes. But THIS? The reaction to this is WAAAAAAY over the top for what's actually happening. It doesn't add up. We're being told that on the one hand that only the elderly and the compromised are at risk. Then on the other hand we're being told that there could be millions of deaths and Armageddon is upon us. Well which is it? We are being intentionally confused and kept in the dark. Don't take this wrong because it's not what I want. But if this type of response is to be believable - shutting down of the entire country and world)- people need to start dying by the 1000s here pretty damn quickly. Hell, I'll just be happy with anyone that I know simply getting sick. Ya know what? I'll take one for the team. Just get ME sick. 

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Horsefly said:

I just got a phone call from a very reliable mbr in the health care profession, that the president is getting ready to issue a mandatory national level quarantine.  Oh boy this is blowing up big!  

DUDE!!!!! 🤣This is exactly what the fuck I'm talking about!!! I got this SAME fucking phone call from a "friend" last night that spoke to a friend in the WH. The EXACT same words were used and all. Go to the National Security Council website and go read the message about how there are FAKE messages going around about an imminent quarantine lockdown. Don't be so damn gullible dude!

I think IF it's all mass hysteria and too scare da batshit out of the Public and the President thought it was all a Democratic host.  Then those that are strong in those convictions should organize mass rally's to prove that it's all B.S. and the President can therefore keep his base fired up with these mass rally's.   That would give us all confidence that it's overblown just huge Rallies with Sean Hannity giving us his updates on the Fake News outlets feeding us all B.S.  I would then buy into the fact it's all B.S.  But I need some skin in the game by those that profess this or else they are full of B.S.

Don't be skeered of this Virus.   And Rush Limbaugh could by our voice of reason.   Imagine all of this hysteria just to destroy President Trump.  I suggest the Diehard's get out front and show everyone else  the Real Deal.  

Stand on one's conviction.  

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Blueliner said:

DUDE!!!!! 🤣This is exactly what the fuck I'm talking about!!! I got this SAME fucking phone call from a "friend" last night that spoke to a friend in the WH. The EXACT same words were used and all. Go to the National Security Council website and go read the message about how there are FAKE messages going around about an imminent quarantine lockdown. Don't be so damn gullible dude!

It’s not about gullibility.  This is a family member that got the instructions from their health care company.  I got the call directly from them.  So now you think our direct healthcare professionals are being  lied to and scammed?  

Scam Alert: National Security Council debunking rumors of national quarantine

Posted: 5:19 AM, Mar 16, 2020
Updated: 2:19 AM, Mar 16, 2020
By: Paul Ross

items.[0].image.alt
null
Photo by: ADRIANNAELKPHOTOGRAPHY
null

Scam Alert: National Security Council debunking rumors of national quarantine

WASHINGTON (WKBW) — The White House is now debunking rumors that are making the rounds about a national quarantine due to COVID-19.

In a tweet from the National Security Council, says there's a text message about a national quarantine, which is fake.

The NSC says there is no national lockdown, and the CDC will continue to post the latest guidance as the situation evolves.

Stay up to date on coronavirus, here.

Copyright 2020 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed

•  

4 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

It’s not about gullibility.  This is a family member that got the instructions from their health care company.  I got the call directly from them.  So now you think our direct healthcare professionals are being  lied to and scammed?  

YOU are being scammed. The NSC has said this was a scam.

2 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

You want this to all be true so badly, don't ya?