Correct Responses to the Coronavirus

concha

13 minutes ago, concha said:

Perspective:

CDC estimates that so far this season there have been at least 36 million flu illnesses, 370,000 hospitalizations and 22,000 deaths from flu.

Reality:

And now we are adding another disease to test for and treat in hospitals and clinics placing an even greater strain on our medical profession.  We have not seen the leak of the coronavirus in this country, all numbers are preliminary at this point. 

1 minute ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Ok that's good that the flu season is almost done but what about the coronavirus? 

Or 

Let me guess? The Coronavirus is the flu? Is that what you're about to say? 

Since you apparently don't have your copy of "Hooked on Phonics" handy...

I responded to this:  "And now we are adding another disease to test for and treat in hospitals and clinics placing an even greater strain on our medical profession." 

Now, follow this closely, because its tricky. REALLY complex...

Since the flu season is almost over (that's the key word!), the burden from flu is... what?

C'mon, TMHS...

200.webp?cid=790b76113f1bca99ce4d98f780a

1 minute ago, concha said:

Since you apparently don't have your copy of "Hooked on Phonics" handy...

I responded to this:  "And now we are adding another disease to test for and treat in hospitals and clinics placing an even greater strain on our medical profession." 

Now, follow this closely, because its tricky. REALLY complex...

Since the flu season is almost over (that's the key word!), the burden from flu is... what?

C'mon, TMHS...

200.webp?cid=790b76113f1bca99ce4d98f780a

My bad I misread.... 

But I've been hearing some stupid shit offline and online.... 

Had to watch one dude hassle down someone else saying "It's just a flu strain it'll go away with a flu vaccine"... 

The things people say when hysteria and ignorance kick in.... 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

My bad I misread.... 

But I've been hearing some stupid shit offline and online.... 

Had to watch one dude hassle down someone else saying "It's just a flu strain it'll go away with a flu vaccine"... 

The things people say when hysteria and ignorance kick in.... 

Cool

👍  ✌️

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bormio said:

Every day people whine about something else - testing, airports, ventilators etc.  Good thing Eisenhower did not have to deal with Twitter during D-Day.

It’s minute but minute. That’s why I know this is BS. The virus isn’t BS. But we’ll survive it without question. The drama and the perpetuation of blaming Trump for every little thing by the left and media is BS. They have politicized this which is TOTAL BS. Losers.

3 minutes ago, Blueliner said:

It’s minute but minute. That’s why I know this is BS. The virus isn’t BS. But we’ll survive it without question. The drama and the perpetuation of blaming Trump for every little thing by the left and media is BS. They have politicized this which is TOTAL BS. Losers.

Whining is irrelevant.  Who cares on a HSFB board.  But in the media it is not only useless, but harmful.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Troll said:

Dude ...it's time you get past your juvenile partisanship of this...🙄

People looking to squeeze some partisan advantage out of something like this,

are generally not looked at very highly...

So maybe try something different for a change.

Hope this helps...

Let's not forget how childish Trump his own self acted toward Obama when in the same position. 

Turn about should be fair play. 

Just sayin' 

2 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Let's not forget how childish Trump his own self acted toward Obama when in the same position. 

Turn about should be fair play. 

Just sayin' 

Wasn't the first truly partisan act in all this when the left (pols, media.. the usual suspects) decided to to attack Trump as a racist and xenophobe for putting travel restrictions on China? This wasn't isolated or limited. The left really played it up.

Someone set the tone.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, concha said:

Wasn't the first truly partisan act in all this when the left (pols, media.. the usual suspects) decided to to attack Trump as a racist and xenophobe for putting travel restrictions on China? This wasn't isolated or limited. The left really played it up.

Someone set the tone.

Idk. I don't pay a heap of attention to the 24 hour news sources on cable. I'm just speaking strictly to what chastising I'm witnessing on here about attempring to make this a partisan weapon. 

Trump did it against Obama. Turn about is fair play. 

2 hours ago, concha said:

Someone set the tone.

EE164283-FA7A-4C8C-AB98-0EEF581F7DB1.jpeg

• Like 2