Correct Responses to the Coronavirus

concha

Just now, stanscript said:

You seem to have a "hard-on" for Obama's reaction to the Swine Flu outbreak.  You might want to read this so you can balance your view in the future.

https://www.factcheck.org/2020/03/trumps-h1n1-swine-flu-pandemic-spin/

I would like some objectivity and even-handedness.

My point is that shortcomings can found be anywhere if you look hard enough.

Little to no effort made for H1N1. Maximum effort for coronavirus.

I think we all know why.

The fact is that generally speaking Trump has acted more decisively and quickly than Obama did. Within about a month of the coronavirus appearing in China, Trump had enacted travel restrictions that are widely praised in the medical community. The left, of course, did not support this action. Instead they did the usual. They whipped out the race card and tried to foment division. The left began treating this outbreak as a political opportunity and they have continued to do so.

But you know all this. 

• Thanks 2

9 hours ago, concha said:

I would like some objectivity and even-handedness.

My point is that shortcomings can found be anywhere if you look hard enough.

Little to no effort made for H1N1. Maximum effort for coronavirus.

I think we all know why.

The fact is that generally speaking Trump has acted more decisively and quickly than Obama did. Within about a month of the coronavirus appearing in China, Trump had enacted travel restrictions that are widely praised in the medical community. The left, of course, did not support this action. Instead they did the usual. They whipped out the race card and tried to foment division. The left began treating this outbreak as a political opportunity and they have continued to do so.

But you know all this. 

Of course you didn't read the link.  Here's one thing you would have found out from the article if you had read it.

"On April 15, 2009, the first infection was identified in California, according to the CDC, and less than two weeks later, on April 26, 2009, the Obama administration declared a public health emergency. The day before, on April 25, the World Health Organization had declared a public health emergency."

How long was it before Trump declared an emergency?  I seem to remember him saying about a week ago that there were about 15 cases in the U.S. and soon would be down to one or zero.  When the swine flu hit did you see any other country shut down completely like Italy or Singapore?  No, you didn't. Trump was more concerned about public approval numbers, not about the health of the public in the U.S. and that's a fact.

47 minutes ago, stanscript said:

Of course you didn't read the link.  Here's one thing you would have found out from the article if you had read it.

"On April 15, 2009, the first infection was identified in California, according to the CDC, and less than two weeks later, on April 26, 2009, the Obama administration declared a public health emergency. The day before, on April 25, the World Health Organization had declared a public health emergency."

How long was it before Trump declared an emergency?  I seem to remember him saying about a week ago that there were about 15 cases in the U.S. and soon would be down to one or zero.  When the swine flu hit did you see any other country shut down completely like Italy or Singapore?  No, you didn't. Trump was more concerned about public approval numbers, not about the health of the public in the U.S. and that's a fact.

The first US case of coronavirus was January 20th according to the NEJM.

Screenings at airports were established within days.  China Travel restrictions enacted January 31. Public health emergency declared January 31 also. National emergency and European travel restrictions announced Friday.  Emergency legislation with up to $50 billion in funding... done. All this within 6-8 weeks of the disease hitting our shores, and initial reactions within 1-2 weeks.

Obama's reactions within a similar timeframe don't compare.  

Funding doesn't compare.

National emergency was declared by Trump two days after WHO declared a pandemic.

Obama?  Over four months later. Not days. Not weeks. MONTHS.

H1N1 had already been raging for weeks and months. There had been deaths in nearly every state.

NYT had a report headlined "Worst Case Scenario". The article indicated that somewhere between 200,000 and 1.7 million deaths could occur in the US before it's all said and done. Pretty scary sounding indeed. Then it went on to indicate further down the article those were the estimates if absolutely nothing was being done to combat the virus. Well shit, NYT.  It's a damn good thing that we aren't sitting around doing absolutely nothing. Why in the fuck would a major (rag) paper even print something like that. That so-called article isn't any use to anyone but themselves...And we wonder why the fuck everyone is in a panic. Friggin' a-holes.

Just now, Blueliner said:

NYT had a report headlined "Worst Case Scenario". The article indicated that somewhere between 200,000 and 1.7 million deaths could occur in the US before it's all said and done. Pretty scary sounding. Then it went on to indicate further down the article those were the estimates if absolutely nothing was being done to combat the virus. Well shit, NYT.  It's a damn good thing that we aren't sitting around doing absolutely nothing. Why in the fuck would a major (rag) paper even print something like that. That so-called article isn't any use to anyone but themselves...And we wonder why the fuck everyone is in a panic. Friggin' a-holes.

They publish things like that because people look to the president in times like this and they want as much dread out there as they can drum up.

Like good leftists when they are out of power, they are not letting a crisis go to waste.

It is sad, but glaringly evident.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, concha said:

They publish things like that because people look to the president in times like this and they want as much dread out there as they can drum up.

Like good leftists when they are out of power, they are not letting a crisis go to waste.

It is sad, but glaringly evident.

No question about that. If you were to believe the media you'd think Trump conspired with his comrade Putin to infect everyone for whatever reason...probably simply to just take over the entire world...but what do I know. I went back and google'd and youtube'd media reports as to how the H1N1 was covered. Pretty crazy in difference in approach to Obama and Trump. Fluffing vs. non-stop negative coverage (the usual). 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Rippers said:

I wonder when the gas lines will start?

I've heard this from others as well...

first thought is that's probably one thing you won't have a shortage of....

when governments put the brakes/brick wall on the economy by means of quarantine.

Also note, the Ruskies and Saudis are already in an oil price war (if you haven't noticed already at the pump), ala big box vs mom+pop style where  they are just going to 'outlast' the others.....     Of course this doesn't 'really' help the US, as for the US to be 'oil independent' (the biggest game changer globally in decades), oil needs a price around $60-$65 for our companies to make any money.

I think a lot of people still confuse the 50yo Opec strategy of keeping oil prices high, with today's strategy of tanking the price for advantage...

But Yes, a little longer term, and if the US companies decide it's not worth losing money to pull it out of the ground, or if enough of them fold, yes we could start hurting.

LOL, That being said, I need to get to the gas station today to fill all the Jerry cans...

Damn spring cleaning yard work 😣

1 hour ago, RedZone said:

Comedy Central Gold watching bluedot and crying concha try to convince themselves they are superior human beings...

WTF? lol

As opposed to you starting multiple vaginal itch threads a day, and then cry responding to yourself a bunch of times, when no one else will?

giphy.gif

F'n  PLATINUM

• Haha 2

Anyways, the correct coronavirus response?

1-fire you pandemic response team to cut costs.

2-when questioned about the firing of pandemic response team claim "nasty question" , insult woman reporter then claim not to have a clue about it.

3-claim democratic hoax for 3 1/2 weeks at rallies/TV/twitter.

4-when the SHIT BLOW UP, blame Obama

Obama laughing.gif

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, RedZone said:

The absolute best coronavirus response EVER! 😀

Dude ...it's time you get past your juvenile partisanship of this...🙄

People looking to squeeze some partisan advantage out of something like this,

are generally not looked at very highly...

So maybe try something different for a change.

Hope this helps...

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, RedZone said:

"I can check for you, nasty reporter lady. You fire the pandemic response team, billy bob?...you goober?,....you ellie may?"

"because I know nothing about it".

Next question........

Like a horse to water...

1 hour ago, Troll said:

... and then cry responding to yourself a bunch of times, when no one else will?

giphy.gif

F'n  PLATINUM