Correct Responses to the Coronavirus

concha

18 minutes ago, thc6795 said:

I'll tell you you one thing for sure. Seeing how all these fucks reacted to a virus there is no wonder why our government won't tell us about the Martian's. 

If they were just honest, a vast number of folks that acted stupid wouldn't have. 

People are trying to look out for them and theirs, but, they don't know who or what to believe, and, that is the root of the problem with people's splurge panic buying. 

Just come out and tell them honestly what the deal is, and then they have no reason to nut up when it starts happening.

If we have certain trustworthy info today, the president had it a week ago. If he didn't he needs to fire every sum bitch around him. A week ago he was telling us he had a hunch this is gone by April. Epidemiologists disagree. So now the news has opening to spin and etc. 

Just be honest to begin with. Cut the bullshit spin off at the pass and everything.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, thc6795 said:

Well damn nor which number is it? You posted 20% now are saying 18%?

twenty% is the number but you are being..... I lisede much and twenty or 18 changes about NOTHING.

You live with your dad or step dad? I know you had  a loss. Either way, that is cool. very healthy for all, every study shows. Especially healthy for kids. 

5 minutes ago, noonereal said:

twenty% is the number but you are being..... I lisede much and twenty or 18 changes about NOTHING.

You live with your dad or step dad? I know you had  a loss. Either way, that is cool. very healthy for all, every study shows. Especially healthy for kids. 

Biological father passed. Man who raised me my dad lives with me. 

I still think this is all bullshit. None of it adds up.

6 hours ago, zulu1128 said:

All restaurants/bars in Ohio will close at 9pm tonight until further notice. Delivery/carry out will remain available. 

Never been a yuge Mike DeWine fan, but this is a great move...he’s been killing it on this thing so far. 

New York City too except for takeout or delivery.  Many D. C. restaurants closed tonight also.

Many of the Trump supporters-who have listened to and trusted him-have no idea how serious this is.

One thing is quite striking.  The focus of many commentators and policy pundits is on “flattening the curve” - I.e. not overloading our health system.  Less so on less people getting sick and dying.  Flattening the curve does not automatically mean less people get sick and die, we just space them out.  The mortality of elderly patients with bilateral interstitial pneumonia on a ventilator is very, very high.  One thing is for sure.  If it comes to denying ventilator care to someone due to age and infirmities, it won’t be the Faucis of the world having that discussion with their families.  It will be the community physicians across this country doing that dirty work.  The goal of our policy is not to flatten the curve, the goal should be, as it always is, to save lives.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Bormio said:

One thing is quite striking.  The focus of many commentators and policy pundits is on “flattening the curve” - I.e. not overloading our health system.  Less so on less people getting sick and dying.  Flattening the curve does not automatically mean less people get sick and die, we just space them out.  The mortality of elderly patients with bilateral interstitial pneumonia on a ventilator is very, very high.  One thing is for sure.  If it comes to denying ventilator care to someone due to age and infirmities, it won’t be the Faucis of the world having that discussion with their families.  It will be the community physicians across this country doing that dirty work.  The goal of our policy is not to flatten the curve, the goal should be, as it always is, to save lives.

I think their goal is based on the current reality. The epidemiologists say stopping this is like stopping the wind. We are/were/will continue to be ill prepared for this outbreak and the next one because we choose to invest more in other places than healthcare and/or pandemic response and control. 

I've mentioned the number of beds being terribly low considering the potential numbers of people needing them in rural communities, probably in metros as well, but idk about those... Let's not even get to talking about number of venitlators. 

Not trying to be political just speaking in general terms. 

I think we have to come to terms with people are going to die. Maybe a lot of people. The chance of stopping that is pretty slim. Just saw where the second "confirmed" Lowndes county Georgia case was actually a health care provider for the first Lowndes county case. 

If the doctors and nurses can't even figure out how to not get it, how can the rest of us, outside of total isolation that is? Then for how long? Etc. 14 days ain't likely to get it is what I've read and heard from the most straight forward experts.

It's gonna run it's course no matter what we do I'm afraid. 

8 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I think their goal is based on the current reality. The epidemiologists say stopping this is like stopping the wind. We are/were/will continue to be ill prepared for this outbreak and the next one because we choose to invest more in other places than healthcare and/or pandemic response and control. 

I've mentioned the number of beds being terribly low considering the potential numbers of people needing them in rural communities, probably in metros as well, but idk about those... Let's not even get to talking about number of venitlators. 

Not trying to be political just speaking in general terms. 

I think we have to come to terms with people are going to die. Maybe a lot of people. The chance of stopping that is pretty slim. Just saw where the second "confirmed" Lowndes county Georgia case was actually a health care provider for the first Lowndes county case. 

If the doctors and nurses can't even figure out how to not get it, how can the rest of us, outside of total isolation that is. Then for how long? Etc. 

It's gonna run it's course no matter what we do I'm afraid. 

You cannot maintain and staff ICU beds at a level 5-10 times your normal max capacity.  It is economically impossible.  IF this pans out at anything like the worst scenarios (not all all certain), it is a one hundred year event.  There are ways to plan for contingencies, but planning for one with that much excess demand is essentially impossible.

In 1918 we let critically people die (who were in their 20’s and 30’s) because there were no ventilators or critical care.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

https://www.valdostadailytimes.com/news/ga_fl_news/update-second-covid--case-in-lowndes/article_5821d922-66dd-11ea-8eb0-cfe035efcdd3.amp.html

Just for interesting reading. 

5 days after initial contact the person had symptoms that actually came and went pretty quickly apparently. That's good news, except those five days the patient could have infected others if they weren't self aware and quarantined quickly. 

• Thanks 1

Worldwide Deaths... Jan-Feb 2020

2,360: Coronavirus

69,602: Common Cold/Flu

240,950: HIV

Flight restrictions

Restaurants closing

Sporting events cancelled

Shortages of basic necessities

Market unstable, and this is just the beginning.

This shit doesn't add up man. I could see it if it was 240k like HIV or even 69k like the flu. But all this shit going down over 2300 people dying world wide. GTFOH.

• Thanks 4

6 hours ago, thc6795 said:

That we agree on. We differ on the reason why. You agree because they tell you too. I question why this bullshit virus that know one I personally know has. Is able to shut down a planet.

I answered yes with detail yesterday in another thread.  I had a half dozen posts related to my friend’s mother in a nursing home in Torino.  Her daughter who lives nearby is not allowed to visit her.

Do you know how many Republicans have the virus?  Perhaps the chairwoman of the Republican National committee-Mitt Romney’s niece. https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/5051284002

L

11 minutes ago, thc6795 said:

Worldwide Deaths... Jan-Feb 2020

2,360: Coronavirus

69,602: Common Cold/Flu

240,950: HIV

Flight restrictions

Restaurants closing

Sporting events cancelled

Shortages of basic necessities

Market unstable, and this is just the beginning.

This shit doesn't add up man. I could see it if it was 240k like HIV or even 69k like the flu. But all this shit going down over 2300 people dying world wide. GTFOH.

Those who test positive in most countries double ever four days.  Thus far that is at least true here and we have not been able to do detail testing.

14 minutes ago, BigDrop said:

L

Those who test positive in most countries double ever four days.  Thus far that is at least true here and we have not been able to do detail testing.

Why the severe reaction to this, but not to the flu, which the CDC estimates has infected at least 36 million just in this country this season and killed tens of thousands?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bormio said:

Bormio, are you a physician?