Correct Responses to the Coronavirus

concha

12 minutes ago, Cat_Scratch said:

no other health conditions 

Just wondering how many Americans are walking around sick with some sort of illness/disease they don't even know they have yet...

It's like I don't have cancer, at least I think I don't.....i get the COVID-19 and die. Well, he had cancer too.....Not in my head I didn't. 😀

Not really funny, just a thought.

1 minute ago, RedZone said:

Just wondering how many Americans are walking around sick with some sort if illness they don't even know they have yet...

It's like I don't have cancer, at least I think I don't.....i get the COVID-19 and die. Well, he had cancer too.....Not in my head I didn't. 😀

we can only be so lucky.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, RedZone said:

Just wondering how many Americans are walking around sick with some sort of illness/disease they don't even know they have yet...

People are diagnosed everyday. Most had a feeling that something was off before going to the Dr.

If you didn't know you already had a serious health issue, then I doubt The Covid-19 will be the reason you find out. it is possible though. If you feel off for a week or 2, get a check up. Most older people get a check up once a year. Most intelligent young people get one at least once every other year. I know I had a check up every other year and when I turned 50 every year. 

We can only hope their is a slew of undiagnosed disease, creating widespread immunity.  Like cutting off oxygen to a fire.  Otherwise China will likely get a renewed wave of disease as restrictions are being eased (as Hawg has been saying).  Epidemic suppression could mean major restrictions for 18-24 months - that would not be without a lot of real misery nearly everywhere.

12 minutes ago, Cat_Scratch said:

People are diagnosed everyday. Most had a feeling that something was off before going to the Dr.

If you didn't know you already had a serious health issue, then I doubt The Covid-19 will be the reason you find out. it is possible though. If you feel off for a week or 2, get a check up. Most older people get a check up once a year. Most intelligent young people get one at least once every other year. I know I had a check up every other year and when I turned 50 every year. 

More than 29 million people in the United States have diabetes, up from the previous estimate of 26 million in 2010, according to a report released today by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. ONE in FOUR people with diabetes doesn't know he or she has it.Jun 10, 2014

2 minutes ago, RedZone said:

More than 29 million people in the United States have diabetes, up from the previous estimate of 26 million in 2010, according to a report released today by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. ONE in FOUR people with diabetes doesn't know he or she has it.Jun 10, 2014

very easy to be tested for. Same with High Blood Pressure.

4 hours ago, The Guru said:

And you're the most prominent prisoner.

There's always some goofball like you to claim that (insert crisis) isn't as bad as (insert past crisis) so there's no reason to worry!

But the precise reason why it's not as bad is because of advancements in science and also how the government and public handles it.

The infamous tale of two cities during the 1918 Spanish Flu is apt.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/kionasmith/2020/03/16/a-cautionary-tale-about-social-distancing-for-st-patricks-day-and-every-day/#64cbdfaf1d99

St. Louis cancelled it's parade and only about 700 people died. Philadelphia didn't and within weeks over 12,000 people had died.

Whoa did you just call it the Spanish Flu you racist pile of shit? 

Literally shaking right now 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Horsefly said:

Easy to be tested but many people lack the health education and resources to be tested.  They only see a Dr if they feel sick, especially if a health care facility is not easy to get to.  

It comes down to how much you value your life I guess. Walk in clinics are much cheaper.

Take a look at the estimated costs prepared by Medica Choice Network for some of the most common reasons people visit the ER as compared with costs of that same care in an urgent care facility:

Condition Emergency Room Cost Urgent Care Cost
Allergies $345 $97
Acute Bronchitis $595 $127
Earache $400 $110
Sore Throat $525 $94
Pink Eye $370 $102
Sinusitis $617 $112
Strep Throat $531 $111
Upper Respiratory Infection $486 $111
Urinary Tract Infection $665 $112

Just now, Cat_Scratch said:

It comes down to how much you value your life I guess. Walk in clinics are much cheaper.

Take a look at the estimated costs prepared by Medica Choice Network for some of the most common reasons people visit the ER as compared with costs of that same care in an urgent care facility:

Condition Emergency Room Cost Urgent Care Cost
Allergies $345 $97
Acute Bronchitis $595 $127
Earache $400 $110
Sore Throat $525 $94
Pink Eye $370 $102
Sinusitis $617 $112
Strep Throat $531 $111
Upper Respiratory Infection $486 $111
Urinary Tract Infection $665 $112

I’m talking about the poor cat scratch.  Folks whose basic survival is pretty much day to day.  Their priorities are not on long term health and especially paying for it 

• Like 1

Even though this wasn't about the poor... Some people bring home less than 300 bucks per week working full time. 

Every one of those estimates from the urgent care are one third of that, and they didn't pay for their prescriptions yet, or the follow up a few days later. 

Just saying. Sometimes I think there is a major disconnect with people who have always had health insurance or been well enough off that 100 bucks ain't shit and the folks that work all week for 300 bucks. I know it's difficult to wrap one's head around folks not going to the doctor when we've always been able to do it, but, some people, maybe a lot of people, just can't. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Even though this wasn't about the poor... Some people bring home less than 300 bucks per week working full time. 

Every one of those estimates from the urgent care are one third of that, and they didn't pay for their prescriptions yet, or the follow up a few days later. 

Just saying. Sometimes I think there is a major disconnect with people who have always had health insurance or been well enough off that 100 bucks ain't shit and the folks that work all week for 300 bucks. I know it's difficult to wrap one's head around folks not going to the doctor when we've always been able to do it, but, some people, maybe a lot of people, just can't. 

I would think that there is Medicad/Medicare for the very poor. I don't honestly know, but I do know friends that can't afford 50 bucks a week for anything other than survival. 

5 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

When I made $300 bucks a week, it didnt take me long to find a way to make more than $300 bucks a week. 

• 2 years later...