Question, now that the world is coming to an end.

thc6795

9 minutes ago, stanscript said:

Many businesses will be shut down for weeks if not months.  Many won't ever recover.  Not sure how much of a pass he's going to get if a loved one dies or your million dollar restaurant tanks, or you get permanently laid off.  Some experts are reporting a possible 20% unemployment rate and that might just happen.  If so, it will take months and probably years to recover to an acceptable level. 

The best thing you can do is to limit your exposure to others as best you can.  

Yep, you won’t give him a pass.  But most rational Americans know this is a black swan event.  They know the economy won’t recover until the virus is controlled.  And if that happens, Biden won’t need to interview for cabinet members.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bormio said:

Yep, you won’t give him a pass.  But most rational Americans know this is a black swan event.  They know the economy won’t recover until the virus is controlled.  And if that happens, Biden won’t need to interview for cabinet members.

That might be true but I’d bet the number of irrational, ignorant Americans outnumber the rational ones

we are in the age where people react and respond to what they are told to do on social media.  Who controls the media controls the narrative  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stanscript said:

Many businesses will be shut down for weeks if not months.  Many won't ever recover.  Not sure how much of a pass he's going to get if a loved one dies or your million dollar restaurant tanks, or you get permanently laid off.  Some experts are reporting a possible 20% unemployment rate and that might just happen.  If so, it will take months and probably years to recover to an acceptable level. 

The best thing you can do is to limit your exposure to others as best you can.  

Isn't this going to happen around the world as well? People staying home, businesses not opening, etc.? Global economies are, and will be, affected. Steps were taken to try to eliminate the spread, and there are dire consequences, both here and abroad.

Trump came out of the gates down-playing what might transpire, but the inevitable happened. It was not Trump's fault that people will die and businesses will fold.

I think he's an embarrassment as a President, but other than initially pretending this wasn't something to be concerned with, he is not responsible for the impact this is having around the world. It was going to happen no matter what.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, stanscript said:

image.png.2707b6d7f385aaf2db8b59aa3cb63729.png

First off, you deserve to be taken out back and beaten near-to-death for posting that bright blue eyesore.

Next:

1) My list was much longer than yours. And as they say, actions speak louder than words...

2) Some of your list isn't what you think. The "hoax" thing misrepresented in the press, for example. The quotes about the fact that many people who catch it will not be seriously affected (absolutely true)...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, concha said:

First off, you deserve to be taken out back and beaten near-to-death for posting that bright blue eyesore.

Next:

1) My list was much longer than yours. And as they say, actions speak louder than words...

2) Some of your list isn't what you think. The "hoax" thing misrepresented in the press, for example. The quotes about the fact that many people who catch it will not be seriously affected (absolutely true)...

😂 there you go... every thing this guy does or says doesn’t have to be defended, which BTW you did a terrible job defending.  It comes across as whining at this point 

5 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

😂 there you go... every thing this guy does or says doesn’t have to be defended, which BTW you did a terrible job defending.  It comes across as whining at this point 

Never? Your words. Not mine. You and the libtard clown car take it upon yourselves to criticize 24/7/365, so I figured you'd be happy with folks like me not stealing your limelight.

I did a great job.

Exposing your 20/20 hindsight bullshit was fun. 🤣

✌️

18 minutes ago, concha said:

Never? Your words. Not mine. You and the libtard clown car take it upon yourselves to criticize 24/7/365, so I figured you'd be happy with folks like me not stealing your limelight.

I did a great job.

Exposing your 20/20 hindsight bullshit was fun. 🤣

✌️

You haven’t swayed my opinion one iota.  

I don’t criticize 24/7/365.  More like 10/3/150

peace✌️

@concha Break out the lotion your hand is bout to get a workout over this.  🤣

https://www.yahoo.com/news/its-the-coronavirus-not-the-chinese-virus-but-trump-is-right-china-made-it-worse-224226742.html

It's the 'coronavirus,' not the 'Chinese virus,' but Trump is right: China made it worse

While the Trump administration has been criticized for its response to the pandemic, especially delays in making tests available for the virus, Trump was correct that the virus originated in China, and that the Chinese government bears some responsibility for its spread by hiding and then minimizing the outbreak.

Trump also correctly pointed out that a Chinese government official tried to blame the U.S. for the outbreak.

The virus appears to have originated at Huanan live-animal market in Wuhan. Of the first 41 people infected with the virus, 27 had gone to the market, which sells and kills animals, some of them wild, for consumption, Vox reported. In 2002, officials traced the outbreak of the SARS virus to a market in southern China that also sold live, wild animals for food.

China’s so-called “wet markets” arose in the 1970s, when famine killed millions there. In 1978, China’s Communist government allowed private farming, and a decade later it legalized the private industry of raising and selling wildlife.

On 3/18/2020 at 8:25 AM, thc6795 said:

Does anyone personally know someone with the Wuhan Coronavirus? Not a friend of a friend of a cousin of a friend. Or a Hollywood type, or a superstar athlete. Not anyone the media tells you about. YOU PERSONALLY know someone.

I’ll answer first........NO

Not yet.

California just announced a statewide stay at home order.

This is serious shit.  Don’t fuck with innocent others. 500 people in the hospital in NY, 200 in intensive care.

I’ve really developed an attitude about some on this board who don’t care about who their irresponsibility might infect and potentially kill.

THIS IS IMPORTANT ! ! ! 

There is a company that makes digital thermometers and tracks temperature readings for over a million in real time.  The current CDC information is 2 weeks behind the information on this site.   This is a good indication of where Covid-19 is breaking out right now.

The site shows a map showing the amount of differences from what would be expected during a normal flu season.  Looks like Florida could be next.  This was covered somewhat on the Rachel Maddow Show last night and further tonight.  It's worth a look.

https://healthweather.us/

6 minutes ago, CODBEARD said:

get over yourself.. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/coronavirus-florida-cancel-spring-break/2020/03/19/113f466c-69f7-11ea-abef-020f086a3fab_story.html

No, you may get this shit and your ignorant, non protective ways end up infecting someone like me.

Sit home and shut up.  If you don’t many of us are going to die.  13,000+ are now infected in America.

30 minutes ago, stanscript said:

THIS IS IMPORTANT ! ! ! 

There is a company that makes digital thermometers and tracks temperature readings for over a million in real time.  The current CDC information is 2 weeks behind the information on this site.   This is a good indication of where Covid-19 is breaking out right now.

The site shows a map showing the amount of differences from what would be expected during a normal flu season.  Looks like Florida could be next.  This was covered somewhat on the Rachel Maddow Show last night and further tonight.  It's worth a look.

https://healthweather.us/

This actually is very neat, has predicted flu outbreaks 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, CODBEARD said:

how do you know when your time is?  you may not wake up tomorrow and maybe it won't be China flu that kills you..  calm down pop pop..

You couldn’t put a straight pin up Big Drop’s rectum on this, but he means well.  Everyone is stressed, and people deal with it in different ways.

• Like 2

On 3/18/2020 at 8:25 AM, thc6795 said:

Does anyone personally know someone with the Wuhan Coronavirus? Not a friend of a friend of a cousin of a friend. Or a Hollywood type, or a superstar athlete. Not anyone the media tells you about. YOU PERSONALLY know someone.

I’ll answer first........NO

I thought the same. Even asked family and co workers the same. Usually with how connected we are on Facebook, usually something of this degree would spread just as fast as the virus is supposedly spreading right. Not a peep on fb of anyone knowing anyone with it until last night. I live a little north of Cincinnati Ohio. Rumor started someone in our county got tested and refused to go home and quarantine. Then supposedly the police and cdc had to go to there residence and inform them to either self quarantine or be forced to. Police department confirmed this. Even tho they were just tested and not a confirmed case. Then today a case I can confirm threw actual family and not hear say threw the grape vine.  My wife works for a Cincinnati hospital, she got home and told me a man from her hometown... brookville Indiana where a lot of her family and mother still reside.. had corona virus and was in a Cincinnati hospital and has died from it. I asked if she knew him and she said she didn’t. She face timed her mom as I was standing there and asked her mother before disclosing anything about this individual. Her mom was like yea I know him why. Then she proceeded to tell her and her mom was freaked out. Instant I’ll call you back, how did you find this out etc... so yea I can confirm someone having it and dying from it. Like I said, I thought like you did about this.... now that testing is ramping up, cases will sky rocket... and I believe everyone will know someone who has it... I just hope no one else knows people who died from it. I can also confirm the tents outside the hospitals and the guard setting up shop at the va and other areas for testing and to limit the flow into hospitals. This is going to get worse. I hope I’m wrong... 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, CardinalTruth said:

I thought the same. Even asked family and co workers the same. Usually with how connected we are on Facebook, usually something of this degree would spread just as fast as the virus is supposedly spreading right. Not a peep on fb of anyone knowing anyone with it until last night. I live a little north of Cincinnati Ohio. Rumor started someone in our county got tested and refused to go home and quarantine. Then supposedly the police and cdc had to go to there residence and inform them to either self quarantine or be forced to. Police department confirmed this. Even tho they were just tested and not a confirmed case. Then today a case I can confirm threw actual family and not hear say threw the grape vine.  My wife works for a Cincinnati hospital, she got home and told me a man from her hometown... brookville Indiana where a lot of her family and mother still reside.. had corona virus and was in a Cincinnati hospital and has died from it. I asked if she knew him and she said she didn’t. She face timed her mom as I was standing there and asked her mother before disclosing anything about this individual. Her mom was like yea I know him why. Then she proceeded to tell her and her mom was freaked out. Instant I’ll call you back, how did you find this out etc... so yea I can confirm someone having it and dying from it. Like I said, I thought like you did about this.... now that testing is ramping up, cases will sky rocket... and I believe everyone will know someone who has it... I just hope no one else knows people who died from it. I can also confirm the tents outside the hospitals and the guard setting up shop at the va and other areas for testing and to limit the flow into hospitals. This is going to get worse. I hope I’m wrong... 

Thank you CardinalTruth.  Wish you and your family the absolute best.