Question, now that the world is coming to an end.

thc6795

1 hour ago, Horsefly said:

There are only ~6K infected in a country of 330M.  The likelihood of knowing one of those few thousand is unlikely.  

So what does knowing someone infected mean to stabilizing the spread of the virus? 

The only thing I would add is....6K confirmed.  How many actually infected?  Who the fuck knows?

Rufus>>

• Like 2

2 hours ago, noonereal said:

we will, and being one of the closet to the USA epicenter it will likely be me that knows one first. 

I'll hazard the guess that I might be just a little closer to the epicenter than you are.  We've been elbow deep in this for about a month now.  I still know no one who has contracted it.  I know people who have been tested, who have been told to self monitor and who have been under 14 day quarantine and I still know no one.

I do expect that to change in the near future though.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, thc6795 said:

I keep hearing about "exponential mortality growth." Right?

Isn't that what they were promising us two weeks ago would be happening by now?

I'm pretty sure that this is behind the dreaded cornonavirus lockdown. Look at Christine in her profile pic. She seems pretty happy about it🤣…..and now the gains are ALLLLLL gone. I'm sure it's just bad luck for Trump.... being right on the cusp of an election and all.

Poof. A huge chunk of stock market gains under Trump are gone

Christine Romans-Profile-Image

Analysis by Christine Romans, CNN Business

Updated 4:59 PM ET, Thu March 12, 2020

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Blueliner said:

I'm pretty sure that this is behind the dreaded cornonavirus lockdown. Look at Christine in her profile pic. She seems pretty happy about it🤣…..and now the gains are ALLLLLL gone. I'm sure it's just bad luck for Trump.... being right on the cusp of an election and all.

Poof. A huge chunk of stock market gains under Trump are gone

Christine Romans-Profile-Image

Analysis by Christine Romans, CNN Business

Updated 4:59 PM ET, Thu March 12, 2020

tell me, how does the stock market support a conspiracy for a massive sell off when it’s not attributed to insider corporate trades?  

1 hour ago, thc6795 said:

I keep hearing about "exponential mortality growth." Right?

Isn't that what they were promising us two weeks ago would be happening by now?

it's just "fake news" Tex...the whole Corona-virus thing is just made up by the "deep state" to insure Trump loses the election....you and Blueballs figured their plot out!!….O.o..o.O

• Thumbs Down 1

7 minutes ago, DBP66 said:

it's just "fake news" Tex...the whole Corona-virus thing is just made up by the "deep state" to insure Trump loses the election....you and Blueballs figured their plot out!!….O.o..o.O

well if its not heres hoping your bitch ass catches it soon. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

tell me, how does the stock market support a conspiracy for a massive sell off when it’s not attributed to insider corporate trades?  

Tell me. Trump's how is it that Trump's most impressive accomplishment (and talking point)...the economy...is being town down brick by brick, and has currently ground literally to a halt, months before an election that the dems know they can't win without that happening? You can go stick your head back in the sand if you'd like now. It's interesting that for such an apparent intellectually reasonable guy, that you'd be so quickly to just accept the BS that you're being fed all of the time. Or maybe you know it's BS (or sketchy at best) but you don't care because you are a dem and hate Trump. It's been known to happen.

5 minutes ago, Blueliner said:

Tell me. Trump's how is it that Trump's most impressive accomplishment (and talking point)...the economy...is being town down brick by brick, and has currently ground literally to a halt, months before an election that the dems know they can't win without that happening? You can go stick your head back in the sand if you'd like now. It's interesting that for such an apparent intellectually reasonable guy, that you'd be so quickly to just accept the BS that you're being fed all of the time. Or maybe you know it's BS (or sketchy at best) but you don't care because you are a dem and hate Trump. It's been known to happen.

That’s the thing it’s not an accomplishment he should have been bragging about.  The market is influenced largely by the behavior of millions of investors and how they interpret political and economic factors. The behavior which he doesn’t control much less predict.   

not only that, the thing he does control, such as limited air travel and encouraging limited contact in public places has helped lower investor confidence and will have a direct impact on the economy.  

1 minute ago, Blueliner said:

Is this a troll post?

Why would the rest of the world cooperate in undermining their own economies in order to reduce Trump's chances of winning the next election? 

5 hours ago, thc6795 said:

Does anyone personally know someone with the Wuhan Coronavirus? Not a friend of a friend of a cousin of a friend. Or a Hollywood type, or a superstar athlete. Not anyone the media tells you about. YOU PERSONALLY know someone.

I’ll answer first........NO

It's possible that many of us know someone who has the virus but don't know that they have it, because most of who aren't Hollywood types or superstars or political leaders don't have easy access to test for the virus. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

Just now, Horsefly said:

That’s the thing it’s not an accomplishment he should have been bragging about.  The market is influenced largely by the behavior of millions of investors and how they interpret political and economic factors. The behavior which he doesn’t control much less predict.   

HF. It's the ECONOMY. Not he simply the stock market. That is just one component of the economy. That said, low-info types equate the DJI to how the economy is doing because they don't know any better. Trump knows this. The establishment knows this. YOU know this. That is precisely why Trump touts the market (when it was thriving) while the media gave two rats ass. Now that it's flipped, while Trump is busy trying to solve problems, the media is joyously reporting the stock market's collapse. It's all an illusion by simply looking at the market. What will be telling are the UE and jobs numbers that we'll see soon. Probably very negative on both, and that news will be front center...again when they could give two shits about those numbers when they were great. We'll see...but I'll bet you a pizza that I'm right. And I'm good for it if I lose...which I HOPE that I do.

6 minutes ago, Belly Bob said:

Is this a troll post?

Why would the rest of the world cooperate in undermining their own economies in order to reduce Trump's chances of winning the next election? 

BB. Respectfully, brother. You're way late on this. I'm not going to keep explaining my "conspiracy theories". I hope that I'm wrong. But I don't believe that I am. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Blueliner said:

BB. Respectfully, brother. You're way late on this. I'm not going to keep explaining my "conspiracy theories". I hope that I'm wrong. But I don't believe that I am. 

So you believe that the world's governments are cooperating in economic self-destruction so that Trump might not win the next election?

I get it if you don't want to explain it again. I've read a few of your posts. Maybe I'm not getting your point. I guess I'll have to keep reading. 

9 minutes ago, Blueliner said:

HF. It's the ECONOMY. Not he simply the stock market. That is just one component of the economy. That said, low-info types equate the DJI to how the economy is doing because they don't know any better. Trump knows this. The establishment knows this. YOU know this. That is precisely why Trump touts the market (when it was thriving) while the media gave two rats ass. Now that it's flipped, while Trump is busy trying to solve problems, the media is joyously reporting the stock market's collapse. It's all an illusion by simply looking at the market. What will be telling are the UE and jobs numbers that we'll see soon. Probably very negative on both, and that news will be front center...again when they could give two shits about those numbers when they were great. We'll see...but I'll bet you a pizza that I'm right. And I'm good for it if I lose...which I HOPE that I do.

the thing he does control, such as limited air travel and encouraging limited contact in public places has helped lower investor confidence and will have a direct impact on the economy.  These are decisions he’s made. 

here what I take away.  Trump is very much a capitalist who will do things to strengthen our economy.  It’s always been important to him.  He has changed his attitude towards this virus to the point he is willing to sacrifice short term economic growth and prosperity to address the pandemic.  For me this has to be serious if he was willing to take such a position.  Just sayin’ 

15 minutes ago, Belly Bob said:

It's possible that many of us know someone who has the virus but don't know that they have it, because most of who aren't Hollywood types or superstars or political leaders don't have easy access to test for the virus. 

No shit. He's been asked this a few times.

My take is that Blueliner is a week from retirement and these horrible events have significantly impacted his portfolio, as it has all of ours. So we are all shocked/disappointed, but only a few continue to dig their heels in and contend it is all a conspiracy against Trump and Republicans. Absurd.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Belly Bob said:

Is this a troll post?

My take is that Blueliner is a week from retirement and these horrible events have significantly impacted his portfolio, as it has all of ours. So we are all shocked/disappointed, but only a few continue to dig their heels in and contend it is all a conspiracy against Trump and Republicans. Absurd.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Belly Bob said:

So you believe that the world's governments are cooperating in economic self-destruction so that Trump might not win the next election?

I get it if you don't want to explain it again. I've read a few of your posts. Maybe I'm not getting your point. I guess I'll have to keep reading. 

Yes. It has crossed my mind. The rest of the world has a lot of skin in the game in terms of this President's beliefs and policies...as they've been cut off from the US of A teet in a big way. Like the dems/establishment here in the US, there are countries want things to go back to how they were. The successful and unbridled redistribution of America's wealth. 

Our disconnect will always be that you don't WANT to get my point. Or at least entertain the idea that there is something that we aren't being told. Understandably so because it entails going against blindly questioning what's being fed to us. You already have a belief...which is cool and I respect. To me...being in emergency services my entire adult life and have gone through MANY epidemic preparation and responses...this simply doesn't make sense. H1N1 preparation and response was a 180 from this response even though it was killing a lot more people...and a lot of kids. And I don't wanna hear about how we learned from H1N1. The CDC and WHO have been competent disease control organizations LONG before H1N1. 

And then I look at who has the most to gain from this, at this point relatively speaking, minor virus that has completely shut down the US economy in an epic and unprecedented way. With this type of response, based on my knowledge and experience, would expect to see bodies piling up outside of hospitals. I can tell you what. I am around hospitals and staff everyday (for another week anyways), there is a lot of talk and no coronavirus to be found. I'm not buying what's being peddled. I guess we'll see. I hope that I'm wrong. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, maxchoboian said:

You clowns are too funny. Comprehension and not making shit up isn't your strong suits. And I've answered it a few times. Here's the latest max. Enjoy.

• Confused 1