3/19: 4,200 infect 5/6 1,2 mil infect & 73K dead, 6/25 2.4 mil infect & 123k+ dead

BigDrop

On 8/10/2020 at 10:11 PM, Troll said:

You need to compare those European countries to some US states...

Now tell everyone which states did worse and why...👍

I think you would be very hard pressed to try and collapse the varied responses and varied results of each state.

Far from identical ...why is that...hmmmm?

The Northeast did horribly in terms of death early on, doctors didn't know which treatments would work, the disease was new, and bad decisions were made that resulted in the elderly getting wiped out (which was a mistake repeated throughout the world). New York was affected the worst, but that doesn't mean they handled it the worst - as of now, their formula for bringing the virus down has worked.

FL, AZ, and TX are on fire right now. Luckily, doctors are a bit better prepared: they'll use steroids, Remdesivir, and the cases are in much younger people. But with all that was learned from the NE's initial hit, what is happening in the SE and TX/AZ should not have happened. And yes, those states were the ones most loyal to the President's line, which was open up and "it is what it is," and it's going terribly. 

FL is closing in on 9,000 deaths and has now seen more infections than New York state. When the deaths finally come down FL will likely be over 10,000 deaths, and could be closing in on 20,000 by December.

I have no clue what your guys' points are.

Are you just trying to soften how poorly the US responded? Trying to say "it's not as bad as it looks?" Trying to say others did really bad too so how bad we're doing isn't worth pointing out?

Really, I have no clue what you are getting at.

States lifted lockdowns too early. It's costing lives that didn't have to go, and it's keeping the economy far more muffled than if we'd just stayed in for an extra 30-45 days. I don't get the whose dick is bigger contest you guys are going for - the whole world figured out how to bring the temp down while we're still refusing, despite the obvious.

But go ahead, compare France to Montana and tell me it's under control...if that's what the point is.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Bormio said:

His point was perfectly correct.  Lockdowns were meant to flatten the curve, prevent a big spike, and have people get sick over a longer period of time.

The curve was never flattened - it plateaued, briefly.

There's now been 2 big spikes, we're MAYBE coming out of the second.

Aside from a brief few weeks span, it hasn't stopped people from getting sick, our infection and hospitalization numbers are right back to start and our death numbers are safely over 1,000 again on a near daily basis.

So that tells me that we failed at doing the lockdown, while the rest of the world did exactly what you said lockdowns are for (and they brought deaths down to near 0 and kept them there for a prolonged period).

So either we're different for no reason whatsoever, or we failed at something that almost every other country in the world pulled off. I've tried to leave Trump out of it, but it wasn't Democrats riling people up to "LIBERATE" states and pushing for the economy to be forced open before we got things to a baseline level.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, DownSouth said:

The Northeast did horribly in terms of death early on, doctors didn't know which treatments would work, the disease was new, and bad decisions were made that resulted in the elderly getting wiped out (which was a mistake repeated throughout the world). New York was affected the worst, but that doesn't mean they handled it the worst - as of now, their formula for bringing the virus down has worked.

FL, AZ, and TX are on fire right now. Luckily, doctors are a bit better prepared: they'll use steroids, Remdesivir, and the cases are in much younger people. But with all that was learned from the NE's initial hit, what is happening in the SE and TX/AZ should not have happened. And yes, those states were the ones most loyal to the President's line, which was open up and "it is what it is," and it's going terribly. 

FL is closing in on 9,000 deaths and has now seen more infections than New York state. When the deaths finally come down FL will likely be over 10,000 deaths, and could be closing in on 20,000 by December (I saw an estimate of 19k by October but I'm not sure that will happen).

I have no clue what your guys' points are.

Are you just trying to soften how poorly the US responded? Trying to say "it's not as bad as it looks?" Trying to say others did really bad too so how bad we're doing isn't worth pointing out?

Really, I have no clue what you are getting at.

States lifted lockdowns too early. It's costing lives that didn't have to go, and it's keeping the economy far more muffled than if we'd just stayed in for an extra 30-45 days. I don't get the whose dick is bigger contest you guys are going for - the whole world figured out how to bring the temp down while we're still refusing, despite the obvious.

But go ahead, compare France to Montana and tell me it's under control...if that's what the point is.

you sound like you think you stayed at a holiday inn last night 👌

On 8/12/2020 at 10:33 PM, HSFBfan said:

The one guy quoted in there says he does not foresee another spike in southern states - they did not lockdown.  Europe locked down hard and guess what - cases are exploding again as they opened.  Pay me now or pay me later.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Bormio said:

The one guy quoted in there says he does not foresee another spike in southern states - they did not lockdown.  Europe locked down hard and guess what - cases are exploding again as they opened.  Pay me now or pay me later.

You have to expose yourself to germs. Your body needs to fight things off. If your completely sterile you will die 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

I'm simply shocked. You mean to tell me that bodies aren't piling up in the streets in Texas?!🙄

• Like 1