Tonight (3/31) News Conference: most stunning, frightening of my lifetime

BigDrop

Scientists projected that models show 100 to 240,000 may die and this may continue to August 1st.  This is with mitigation.  Fauci and Byrkes said it could have been one to two million without who would die.

I am scared.  I think Trump who deferred to them is scared.

Stay home, if you go out wear a mask and gloves. Don’t take any chances at all.  We have never seen anything like this in our lifetime.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BigDrop said:

Scientists projected that models show 100 to 240,000 may die and this may continue to August 1st.  This is with mitigation.  Fauci and Byrkes said it could have been one to two million without who would die.

Stay home, if you go out wear a mask and gloves. Don’t take any chances at all.  We have never seen anything like this in our lifetime.

@HawgGoneIt my boss is a POS, he’s making me pick up the laborers for tomorrow... like how the fuck am I supposed to social distance in a car

this dude trying to get me killed, Hawg you think I have a lawsuits if I got texts showing my boss telling me to pick up workers if I get sick

Most states there is a lockdown which means construction work has stopped.  Literally, 100,00,000+ Americans are locked in their homes except for groceries or a doctor (although our doctors are now doing phone conferences instead seeing us in person).  Virginia, Maryland and DC went to this yesterday.  Tomorrow there are going to be a lot more.  Tonight it is a ghost town around me-nobody is out.

Protect yourself and do what you need to do.  The laborers are scared, too and may be relieved if you don’t show up.

I would be honest and tell him that you are scared and need to back off until it is safe.   Or, that you are going to follow the law and will be happy to work with six feet of separation.

Let him rent a bus which allows this.  I am being serious.  Absolute best!

50 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

@HawgGoneIt my boss is a POS, he’s making me pick up the laborers for tomorrow... like how the fuck am I supposed to social distance in a car

this dude trying to get me killed, Hawg you think I have a lawsuits if I got texts showing my boss telling me to pick up workers if I get sick

You must also eliminate any risk to yourself-or anyone around you.  Friends, family, children.  Keep yourself healthy and others will be there to help you.  If you get this shit you’ll be alone.

About the lawsuit: he probably knows it’s just days or hours until he’s forced to shutdown.  This could last a month or two.  Afterwards he probably wouldn’t have any money to pay you.

Stay healthy:  you’ll be there to help others.

Again, from my heart:  stay safe.  I’m 73.  When I was 19 or 20 I visited my first pawn shop.  Maxed out credit cards in my 20’s.  Paid rent a month late, too. Drove a cab part time-actually almost full time with a full time job.

I paid some serious dues before I was successful.  But I had the health to be able to do it.  Again, do what you need to do-to keep your health, family and friends.  (Yes, I paid everyone back and am proud of my FICO score today.)

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Lol. You won't be social distancing in a car. I probably would not pick up the laborers if I were you. 

If the boss wants the show to go on, he needs to get the laborers there. He can go pick them up. It's bad enough that you have to go out and work at all during all of this, so, no way do I take "extra" risks above and beyond what my normal work load creates. 

As far as lawsuits and whatnot, I have no idea. People have spilled hot coffee on themselves and sued for millions over it, so, who knows. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, zulu1128 said:

Sounds like Wuhan Virus might edge out diabetes for #7 on the list of most common causes of death in the US this year...falling a bit short of strokes and car accidents/people falling off ladders. 

And way ahead of murders committed by illegal aliens and terrorists. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, zulu1128 said:

Sounds like Wuhan Virus might edge out diabetes for #7 on the list of most common causes of death in the US this year...falling a bit short of strokes and car accidents/people falling off ladders. 

AND this with closing down the country for what will be close to 4 months. 

It would be responsible for as many deaths as everyone who dies annually if left to "herd" immunity theory. (do nothing) 2.5million

3 minutes ago, noonereal said:

AND this with closing down the country for what will be close to 4 months. 

It would be responsible for as many deaths as everyone who dies annually if left to "herd" immunity theory. (do nothing) 2.5million

It might.

2.5 million is the absolute high end of any model...the mean is probably in the 1-1.2 million area. The fluidity of the modeling processes thus far has made stating any of this as fact kind of silly. 

1 hour ago, concha said:

Is that to be a Dem campaign slogan?

"Illegal Aliens Undocumented Americans, Less Deadly than Viral Pandemics.  Biden 2020"

Exactly.

We should be focused on diarrhea, the seasonal flu, strokes and car accidents, not illegal aliens, terrorists, and the new coronavirus. 

It's very simple arithmetic. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Belly Bob said:

Exactly.

We should be focused on diarrhea, the seasonal flu, strokes and car accidents, not illegal aliens, terrorists, and the new coronavirus. 

I'm assuming this response relates to interactions you've had with someone else.

6 hours ago, Belly Bob said:

Exactly.

Quick question ...who's WE ???

Are you talking about your sate government....or the feds?

AS in .....republic or democracy ?

🤔

PS. The obvious answer 'might' be both...(to a certain degree)

...but if you take that stance, what does that REALLY say....

about all the bickering here?

21 hours ago, BigDrop said:

did you see todays? 

No one gives a fuck about the drug war when we are facing hundreads of thousands or more deaths.

What a piece of shit to try and change the subject. 

He is responsible for what will be soooooooooooooooooo many deaths. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1