Give your Lowndes Valdosta prediction.

HooverOutlaw

30 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I know that Rufus will hate it, but, at this point I think I have Colquitt ahead of Lowndes. 

I figure some will have it Lowndes, Grayson, Colquitt and some will have it Grayson, Lowndes, Colquitt, but, it could be interchangeable. 

Shut down Jacuri and you shut down Lowndes.  Thats a tall task.  He is a heck of an athlete.

• Like 1

Just now, Wildcat3 said:

Shut down Jacuri and you shit down Lowndes.  Thats a tall task.  He is a heck of an athlete.

Nobody will shut him down completely, but, yeah, that's the task with them. I think Colquitt more complete albeit thinner at some positions to be honest. 

I think Colquitt's coverage guys will create the situation where he has to run as he already is more prone to do that anyway. A situation where Xavier Williams is on his game when we play them and it could be a really fun game. Very glad it's at the Pen this year. 

Just now, HawgGoneIt said:

I knew it would be closer than people thought. I almost expected Valdosta to sneak one out. 

Colquitt can beat Lowndes.  Only position I think Lowndes is better at is qb running.  Everything else overall is pretty even.  I'm not sure Valdosta was on the same play at times. A lot of chunk it up see what happens.   Lowndes in the last 3 quarters did not look like a top 10 national team. I know it's a rivalry games you can't compare it to a normal game. Lowndes probably lucky Garcia kid did not play. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Colquitt can beat Lowndes.  Only position I think Lowndes is better at is qb running.  Everything else overall is pretty even.  I'm not sure Valdosta was on the same play at times. A lot of chunk it up see what happens.   Lowndes in the last 3 quarters did not look like a top 10 national team. I know it's a rivalry games you can't compare it to a normal game. Lowndes probably lucky Garcia kid did not play. 

If Garcia plays, Lowndes looses.  But he didnt and Lowndes didn't.  But their assholes were puckered on that side for a while.  Propst teams will only get better.  You can tell they turned the corner tonight.

47 minutes ago, Wildcat3 said:

Good game for Lowndes.  Got to work some kinks out if y'all are going to win state.  Propst has Cats going in right direction.  This will be his worst year at Valdosta.  They will only get better.  Go Dawgs

After what I saw from 7A tonight.... Lowndes could walk into the dome tomorrow  morning and take state... 

They are the best 7A team this year

Valdosta still has the same problem on defense I see.....and that's poor tackling. Had all the momentum and let Jacurri put the game away with his legs. Take this one out of the coaches hands.....you just HAVE to understand situational football as a player. You have to know that their best player is gonna to his bread and butter. And most importantly: you HAVE to WRAP UP!!!! Smh... 

7 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

Valdosta still has the same problem on defense I see.....and that's poor tackling. Had all the momentum and let Jacurri put the game away with his legs. Take this one out of the coaches hands.....you just HAVE to understand situational football as a player. You have to know that their best player is gonna to his bread and butter. And most importantly: you HAVE to WRAP UP!!!! Smh... 

bingo.

1 hour ago, old_e said:

You can not completely give all the credit to the refs. The late hits on the qb were legit.

Nah im just referring to the lack of holding calls and lack of calls in general against valdosta. Rush literally walked up to our receiver talking trash. Also the white hat and one of the other refs went back and forth with our players. That's unprofessional in my opinion. If you see gonna throw a flag do so but not go back and forth arguing with a child like you are child yourself. I know we had plenty of late hits a few where because the players didn't look up to see if the ball was gone the others were just stupid by our players. Valdosta players got away with a lot more including a late hit on jacurri when 2 players sandwiched him and hit him helmet to helmet. We need a new secondary coach the current one is my cousin and I want him fired. Id rather have Greg Reid coaching them.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Wildcat3 said:

If Garcia plays, Lowndes looses.  But he didnt and Lowndes didn't.  But their assholes were puckered on that side for a while.  Propst teams will only get better.  You can tell they turned the corner tonight.

That's a lie. Amaris feet and that offensive line holding all night is what helped yall tonight. Our corners are still bad as past year. #5 graduated and was replaced by a corner just as terrible in #18 and he got booted by #14 and 14 played the position properly. Our other corner is hurt seen him in a boot on the sideline. Valdosta is one of the top teams in six place but cats don't know or understand your place in town. This aint the old days. Homegrown vs homegrown Valdosta isn't beating Lowndes. City kids just are made like county kids different muscle.  Rush will have to do more recruiting to beat Lowndes. Yall do have a solid core for this year and next year. Jv and 9th grade are mediocre.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wildcat3 said:

Shut down Jacuri and you shut down Lowndes.  Thats a tall task.  He is a heck of an athlete.

We also haven't run most of our playbook. We've only been running 7-10 plays. Same with our jv and 9th grade players still trying to remember those that's why we have the arm bands. There are so many more days dubose has implemented.

6 hours ago, Ga96 said:

That's a lie. Amaris feet and that offensive line holding all night is what helped yall tonight. Our corners are still bad as past year. #5 graduated and was replaced by a corner just as terrible in #18 and he got booted by #14 and 14 played the position properly. Our other corner is hurt seen him in a boot on the sideline. Valdosta is one of the top teams in six place but cats don't know or understand your place in town. This aint the old days. Homegrown vs homegrown Valdosta isn't beating Lowndes. City kids just are made like county kids different muscle.  Rush will have to do more recruiting to beat Lowndes. Yall do have a solid core for this year and next year. Jv and 9th grade are mediocre.

You are exactly right.  Cant compare the schools.  Big difference.  But Lowndes cant beat Valdosta for the next 100 years straight.  I could care less.  But they will always live in Valdosta's shadow.  Always.  And Lowndes will have to do more recruiting to win state.  The D Lineman from Valdosta and RB from Madison aren't going to cut it.  Enjoy Jacuri while you can and enjoy beating Rush while you can, cause that won't last long either.  You have your best team in 20 years and Rush has his worst team that he will have at Valdosta, and your asshole was puckered the whole 4th qtr.  You will be calling Buzz in 2 more years.  As Viper says,  Lock.

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Nobody will shut him down completely, but, yeah, that's the task with them. I think Colquitt more complete albeit thinner at some positions to be honest. 

I think Colquitt's coverage guys will create the situation where he has to run as he already is more prone to do that anyway. A situation where Xavier Williams is on his game when we play them and it could be a really fun game. Very glad it's at the Pen this year. 

Lowends QB1 is a helluva athlete. Can be an nfl player one day with the right breaks Still not sold on him as a P5 QB but I don’t have to be. Just don’t think he’s accurate enough. I hope he finds it though. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Wildcat3 said:

He is special.  Very fun to watch.

Honestly he was all they had against us last year.......along with the band. (Wink)

Anybody playing lowends needs to key on him and hit him every play. Thing is, he’s a big kid and some people don’t wanna hit kids his size all the time. Easier said than done. 

I have no problem saying if you shut him down beating lowends becomes a much easier task. Iff’n I were a DC going against him I’d spy him and try to make him beat us with his arm. 

Certainly the lesser of the two evils. 

8 hours ago, Ga96 said:

Nah im just referring to the lack of holding calls and lack of calls in general against valdosta. Rush literally walked up to our receiver talking trash. Also the white hat and one of the other refs went back and forth with our players. That's unprofessional in my opinion. If you see gonna throw a flag do so but not go back and forth arguing with a child like you are child yourself. I know we had plenty of late hits a few where because the players didn't look up to see if the ball was gone the others were just stupid by our players. Valdosta players got away with a lot more including a late hit on jacurri when 2 players sandwiched him and hit him helmet to helmet. We need a new secondary coach the current one is my cousin and I want him fired. Id rather have Greg Reid coaching them.

I bet the family reunions are lively!

bgw

1 hour ago, Sweetlarry said:

Lowends QB1 is a helluva athlete. Can be an nfl player one day with the right breaks Still not sold on him as a P5 QB but I don’t have to be. Just don’t think he’s accurate enough. I hope he finds it though. 

I forgot who said before but they were right, Lowndes QB is gonna be a great starting STrong Safety for a team