Georgia State Title games

TheMaximumHornetSting

7 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I wouldn't say "for what Grayson did" exactly, although they seem to be a magnet for shady activity. 

This one was all on Del Rio, Borders and Garcia. 

What it will do is make folks be sure they have it right on the first pass. I hope the deeper penalties for the schools rule they're supposed to revisit potentially implementing this off season passes too. 

Yeah I edited too late... slid others in my comment to cover that. 

bgw

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

The next step is legal divorce followed by re-marriage after their son commits. 

As long as they do it and its finished as its said to be by those filling out the forms, and then checked and found to be 100 percent correct by the school admin, they should be just fine. 

Turning in fraudulent paperwork should be grounds for elimination from playoffs that year and the following year. The ineligible student no longer allowed to move and become eligible for athletics that season. 

1 minute ago, FootballGuy said:

Now here's where it gets tricky.... when a school continuously wins, they're naturally gonna attract talent. Is it a bad thing if these student athletes want to go to a winning program? 

Just as long as they follow proper protocols I don't see how there is much can be done. 

Just do it right or suffer major consequences as a program and a student athlete. 

3 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

As long as they do it and its finished as its saud to be by those filling out the forms, and then checked and found to be 100 percent correct by the school admin, they should be just fine. 

Turning in fraudulent paperwork should be grounds for elimination from playoffs that year and the following year. The ineligible student no longer allowed to move and become eligible for athletics that season. 

Jesus, just burn the school down Hawg. 

Hahahaha. 

bgw

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Just as long as they follow proper protocols I don't see how there is much can be done. 

Just do it right or suffer major consequences as a program and a student athlete. 

Indeed. But don't you think people are eventually gonna start complaining about a particular school(s) winning all the time? Is that bad for a state to have particular schools who always win and have student athletes transfer to their program?

• Thanks 1

Just now, FootballGuy said:

Indeed. But don't you think people are eventually gonna start complaining about a particular school(s) winning all the time? Is that bad for a state to have particular schools who always win and have student athletes transfer to their program?

People will complain if you drop them ass first into paradise. Its the nature of people. I think constantly evolving the rules as loopholes are found and exploited is a must as is actual real enforcing of the current rules. 

The punishments have to be severe enough to put a halt to shady stuff by schools and athletes. Once that happens its difficult to argue contrary. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

Cut it off after the first touchdown because I wanted the shutout badly. Only 7 points though! Just know the lads are gonna turn it up! Catching up on the DVR now fellas! Wish us luck #IBelieve

Before you continue how about a bet that Grayson scores 35 points before Half. 

• Haha 2

If it looks like an impropriety, the GHSA has to clear the shit up. It can't be allowed to "slide" by with teams pocketing trophies and rings while others are doing it by the rules. 

Once you look like you are letting it slide to "save face" so to speak, your lost as a governing body. The multitude aren't going to trust you to enforce equally anymore. 

We've seen too much sly and shady shit basically out in the open over the past 8 or 10 years. Very public crap. No punishments that fit the bill or even at all some times. 

This keeps the door open for complaining, and a lot of the criticism is legitimate. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, HawgGoneIt said:

If it looks like an impropriety, the GHSA has to clear the shit up. It can't be allowed to "slide" by with teams pocketing trophies and rings while others are doing it by the rules. 

Once you look like you are letting it slide to "save face" so to speak, your lost as a governing body. The multitude aren't going to trust you to enforce equally anymore. 

We've seen too much sly and shady shit basically out in the open over the past 8 or 10 years. Very public crap. No punishments that fit the bill or even at all some times. 

This keeps the door open for complaining, and a lot of the criticism is legitimate. 

Ok Hawg, pull it together. 

Be calm. 
Be happy. 
Safe hands. 
Drink copious amounts of fruity wheaty beer. 

bgw

18 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

Now here's where it gets tricky.... when a school continuously wins, they're naturally gonna attract talent. Is it a bad thing if these student athletes want to go to a winning program? 

Why is it so hard to grow up in one place? Stop building superteams.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2