Georgia State Title games

TheMaximumHornetSting

38 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Congratulations  Buford on title #13. 

It was a hard fought game wish both teams could've won. But that aint how it works. 

But Lee County will be back next year. 

This is Bryan Appling 2nd state title at Buford. In his 2nd year as HC.

13 chips in 20 years for Buford. Impressive......SUPER impressive. I admit that they have the best program in GA.  

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

That Buford coaching staff top to bottom and always got factor Dexter Wood the emeritus Athletic Director....top notch. 

I added emeritus as a measure of respect.... that mans influence cannot be stated in mere words. 

bgw

Good thing Rab can't post or he would be having at you with these comments.  It is sweet knowing he will read it though and not be able to respond.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Problem is.... the refs apparently don’t say shit to the Lowndes band but warn prolly the smallest band in the state.... go figure. But yeah they call that in Georgia... back pedaling, spiking, spinning etc.,.

bgw

Nah the rule is nicknamed the Lowndes rule. We couldn't play in last years championship game. They definitely dont miss with that 1. The way the rule works though the refs only have to stop it if the coach or QB notifies them. My problem with it is that it shouldn't be a rule at all. College is the next thing and there is no nose rule.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Warner Robins is my pick tomorrow and I’m gonna go way out on a limb and pick Grayson. Way out in outer space. 

I know, I know.... risky, integrity and all that inherent bullshit that’s so important to us here....

bgw

The gwinnett all stars vs the leftovers that didn't make it to the tryouts in time.

• Haha 1

I still can't believe that ending. I was sitting on the 50 yard line until that play. Something inside me told me to move my butt to near that endzone to catch the game-winning TD. Just as I got to about the 5 yard line on the away side, the play began. I got the perfect angle of the ball being punched out and the Buford defender jumping on it. I was stunned silent. I looked around and then like 5 seconds later the Buford side erupted. Crazy night.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ga96 said:

The gwinnett all stars vs the leftovers that didn't make it to the tryouts in time.

Oh yea!  The leftovers that held that super dooper high powered offense you kept talking about to the second lowest points scored this season - 14 points?  The leftovers that scored the second highest amount of point against you this season - 31 points?  Those leftovers?  🤣🤣🤣

The jealousy in you is almost as strong as in Rab.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ngdawg said:

I still can't believe that ending. I was sitting on the 50 yard line until that play. Something inside me told me to move my butt to near that endzone to catch the game-winning TD. Just as I got to about the 5 yard line on the away side, the play began. I got the perfect angle of the ball being punched out and the Buford defender jumping on it. I was stunned silent. I looked around and then like 5 seconds later the Buford side erupted. Crazy night.

You going tomorrow?

7 hours ago, Ga96 said:

You know... we really need to recruit South Georgia a little better, I was impressed with Lee...athletes allover the damn roster.

I feel Lee's pain, really do. We lost to Calhoun when we clearly had the better athletes or should I say EXPLOSIVE athletes; similar situation Buford lost the ship in OT.

You mad bro, you kin man up and say so.....

bgw

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

You know... we really need to recruit South Georgia a little better, I was impressed with Lee...athletes allover the damn roster.

I feel Lee's pain, really do. We lost to Calhoun when we clearly had the better athletes or should I say EXPLOSIVE athletes; similar situation Buford lost the ship in OT.

bgw

Like I said in another thread population boom in Leesburg 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

bgw

I heard y'all got Lee's kicker they could've used them last night. I was rooting for lee due to them being south Ga but mad no.  Only thing that ill get mad about is the ghsa continuing to allow recruiting. Im old school home grown is all I know and what i prefer. In that same breath though recruited or not when Georgia teams play out of state im rooting for Georgia.

• Haha 1

Just now, Ga96 said:

I heard y'all got Lee's kicker they could've used them last night. I was rooting for lee due to them being south Ga but mad no.  Only thing that ill get mad about is the ghsa continuing to allow recruiting. Im old school home grown is all I know and what i prefer. In that same breath though recruited or not when Georgia teams play out of state im rooting for Georgia.

Ahem Grayson.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

With these rising juniors from lowndes and valdosta ive seen these kids from before they knew what football was and not many can say that. Its a different feeling watching them play and win together. This will be my first year I plan on being a part of both Lowndes and Valdostas touchdown clubs in the same season. 

• Like 1