Real Talk

PrepGridiron

2 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

If you really want to take the garbage out, you will ban @BUFORDGAWOLVES @AztecPadre @Ga96 and @RedZone

That right there would get Prep the freaking Nobel Peace Prize 😂

GSB’s heart just went pitter patter a fluttering  with that post, GSB would love to promote scam after scam without repercussions. Maybe not one after another just USAA. 

You can’t just dish it out and not take it return, but the outright bull hockey on the Varsity side can’t go on. That’s why we have the OT AMIRITE?

I like this forum and want it to continue, the rules are pretty simple... no politics on the Varsity side.

bgw

• Thanks 3
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, PrepGridiron said:

I know I haven’t been around at all, but I want to say one thing that’s been on my mind. For most of you that don’t know, I have a bit of background in these things and I can tell you nearly unequivocally that if section 230 is repealed, I will shut down this site immediately. Now that may be welcome news to some, but I can assure you that it will be a dark day in the big picture. 

What the hell is section 230? Apologies, I thought this was a NoBalls thread. 

bgw

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Just did a Wiki.... I reckon the exposure will elevate but I think the intent was a measure of protection, no?

bgw

I don't want to oversimplify, but Section 230 allows service providers on the internet to be immune from liability for third party content. It is what protects Yelp from being sued by Acme Corp for libelous comments made by John Doe on Yelp's website. 

• Thanks 1

If you really want to take the garbage out, you will ban @BUFORDGAWOLVES @AztecPadre @Ga96 and @RedZone

or...the 'Noble Peace Prize Medal'..like the one Trumpy The Ass Clown showed in his tweet...that he said he won...LOL.

Rufus>>

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

3 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

or...the 'Noble Peace Prize Medal'..like the one Trumpy The Ass Clown showed in his tweet...that he said he won...LOL.

Rufus>>

If you werent such an obedient dem hack, you would know that he deserved it more than anyone else eligible. I don’t give a shit either way. He loves to troll you ass clowns. It’s his most redeeming quality 

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

2 hours ago, PrepGridiron said:

I don't want to oversimplify, but Section 230 allows service providers on the internet to be immune from liability for third party content. It is what protects Yelp from being sued by Acme Corp for libelous comments made by John Doe on Yelp's website. 

Can’t say I blame your position one bit especially in a litigating little society we live in. 

What would be the benefit of a repeal?

bgw

• Like 1

If you werent such an obedient dem hack, you would know that he deserved it more than anyone else eligible. I don’t give a shit either way. He loves to troll you ass clowns. It’s his most redeeming quality 

Bout the only damn redeeming quality the Orange Idiot possesses.... now don’t get too fuckin’ wound up NoBalls I barely like you, just barely....

bgw

Something to ponder 🤔 230 came about because the courts were presented with 2 cases. One where the website allowed a free for all 🤪and neglected any monitoring and one where the website “attempted to do the right thing “ and was censoring  🙃 some content.  Both where sued for defamation but the free for all 🤪 gets off because they are not legally responsible whilst the “right thing “ censorship 🙃site winds  up legally having to pay because they are in control of the content.  

Legislature got together after some lobbying and 230 was created to allow sites to censor (control content) without penalty 🖊.  

230 is not what most people think it is,  and all the other normal well worn publishing rules still apply and have not changed.   

Just sayin’

On 12/29/2020 at 8:36 AM, Nolebull813 said:

Shut up racist pussy.  As much as you wish this could happen so that only your white folk kin can be allowed to stay, but being I'm half white, that might throw a wrinkle in your plans you little bitch.

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

23 hours ago, PrepGridiron said:

So basically it protects the site owner from being sued when bitches like nolebull call people illegal terrorist and BEANERS.  and this was on the Varsity side.  Just curious why he gets a pass when other who have used the N word got banned?  And rightfully so.  But is there a double standard?  Asking for a friend. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

38 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

So basically it protects the site owner from being sued when bitches like nolebull call people illegal terrorist and BEANERS.  and this was on the Varsity side.  Just curious why he gets a pass when other who have used the N word got banned?  And rightfully so.  But is there a double standard?  Asking for a friend. 

It’s funny because you are all those things. You said it not me you racist scumbag 😂

• Thumbs Down 2

On 12/29/2020 at 4:02 AM, PrepGridiron said:

I know I haven’t been around at all, but I want to say one thing that’s been on my mind. For most of you that don’t know, I have a bit of background in these things and I can tell you nearly unequivocally that if section 230 is repealed, I will shut down this site immediately. Now that may be welcome news to some, but I can assure you that it will be a dark day in the big picture. 

Don't threaten me with a good time. 

• Haha 2

Unless there is new, smart legislation crafted, I don't immediately see a benefit to a repeal. 

I agree that they should not just repeal but replace with better smart legislation.  I will have to go back and see if I can find that background article and will post a link but give me a little time as I’m kind of busy right now.  

• Thanks 2

Unless there is new, smart legislation crafted, I don't immediately see a benefit to a repeal. 

Repealing 230 is a dangerous ball game... 

Making  websites responsible for what some Loon on the internet says (Right or Wrong) is gonna open the gateway to some funky Lawsuits... 

• Like 1

On 12/29/2020 at 2:08 PM, Nolebull813 said:

What Trumpy The Ass Clown deserves is prison...for mass murder.

History will NOT be kind to Cheeto Man.

Rufus>>

• Like 1