Jump to content

😂 to all you fools that said gas ⛽️ and oil was outdated, HOW THOSE wind turbines working out for y’all


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’d say one plus is it’s helping me learn how to function without a phone in my hand every five minutes. I’ve solved my Rubik’s cube and learned how to play Uno so it could be much worse.

Got through it without losing power or water.  We had a -18 degree wind chill here in Ft. Worth last Monday.  I had to wear two t-shirts, long pants, and socks with my flip-flops.

Posted Images

22 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Cali importing their people .....and their rolling blackouts....

But the world leader in wind and solar (Germany) has thousands of acres of panels under snow and windmills frozen right now too....

So if you think Texas is bad right now, you have not seen the frozen sauerkraut...

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ga96 said:

 

See what happens when Joey let's them use CCP parts...

...or are you going to try and blame it on Antifa LOL.

 

BTW: More pressing news out of San Fran today....criminals don't have enough tourists to rob, so they have turned to robbing and attacking the residents 👍

 

PS:

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Don’t forget solar power and geothermal heating systems. 
 

bgw

 

Energy policy debates heat up for politicians as Texas freezes and power outages span the state

 

“This week, as the state and nation are blanketed in ice, we can expect most of our wind turbines to be still and solar panels to produce little to no electricity,” communications manager Katie Tahuahua said. “What’s warming Texans and keeping them alive in this deadly winter blast? Fossil fuels, particularly natural gas.”

“Abbott played politics with alternative sources of energy and now, thermal sources have been knocked offline,” Texas Democratic Party Chair Gilberto Hinojosa said. “If Abbott cared more about doing his job than trying to scare oil and gas workers into voting for him, Texas should have been able to avoid this crisis.”

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Well to be fair 3” of snow and 7’ in Austin Texas is bit of a generational event. 
 

Wouldnt you say?

bgw

 Dallas playing in the snow on thanksgiving (leon Lett) might be....but it is February now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rNQ4puNN5Q

 

 

 

But the comment does very little for your cause anyway...

it can easily happen anywhere in the US, even in Florida they have orange freezes.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

My solar panels are holding up pretty damn good....

So far....

 

Rufus>>

 

 

 

let's just hope you are not some moron who let some company put their panels on your roof, and you had enough cash to purchase outright those panels....

Otherwise you can enjoy putting on a whole new roof soon...and enjoy that cost

that should be fun.

(ground mounts better 👍)

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Troll said:

let's just hope you are not some moron who let some company put their panels on your roof, and you had enough cash to purchase outright those panels....

Otherwise you can enjoy putting on a whole new roof soon...and enjoy that cost

that should be fun.

(ground mounts better 👍)

Oh...I'm a moron.  I worked with Florida Public Utilities.  And the panels are working wonderfully on my roof.   And when it's time to replace the roof...I'll just blame it on the most current hurricane and file it on insurance.  Hey, I also have a Generac.

 

 

 

Rufus>>

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Rufus69 said:

Oh...I'm a moron.  I worked with Florida Public Utilities.  And the panels are working wonderfully on my roof.   And when it's time to replace the roof...I'll just blame it on the most current hurricane and file it on insurance.  Hey, I also have a Generac.

 

 

 

Rufus>>

👍

But I have to disagree on just one point...

you apparently are the exception not the moron

Someone who found a way to offset all the monetary losses 👌

good for you 🙄

 

PS: Problem is around here most morons just get sold on going for the greeeeeeeen enviro money bait and sign off their roof and home to a bunch of other morons that will do as they like with it as the expense will be all yours...

Warranties are Houdinis too

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Troll said:

👍

But I have to disagree on just one point...

you apparently are the exception not the moron

Someone who found a way to offset all the monetary losses 👌

good for you 🙄

 

PS: Problem is around here most morons just get sold on going for the greeeeeeeen enviro money bait and sign off their roof and home to a bunch of other morons that will do as they like with it as the expense will be all yours...

Warranties are Houdinis too

 

 

Damn...I try to insult you and I can't even do that....

I AM a moron.

 

 

Rufus>>

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

What a predictably stupid thread.

Of course ice is the reason for the power outages.

Texas largely relies on natural gas for power. It wasn’t ready for the extreme cold.

Failures across Texas’ natural gas operations and supply chains due to extreme temperatures are the most significant cause of the power crisis that has left millions of Texans without heat and electricity during the winter storm sweeping the U.S.

From frozen natural gas wells to frozen wind turbines, all sources of power generation have faced difficulties during the winter storm. But Texans largely rely on natural gas for power and heat generation, especially during peak usage, experts said.

Officials for the Electric Reliability Council of Texas, which manages most of Texas’ grid, said the primary cause of the outages Tuesday appeared to be the state’s natural gas providers. Many are not designed to withstand such low temperatures on equipment or during production.

  • Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Down 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, SeaShells21 said:

No power since am Monday but yes we’re fine

Wow absolute fucking nuts, I can only imagine the havoc this is causing all the poultry and Farmers, , they already had the craziest year already this is just a kick in the stomach 

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Wow absolute fucking nuts, I can only imagine the havoc this is causing all the poultry and Farmers, , they already had the craziest year already this is just a kick in the stomach 

Poultry should be fine with the weather,

(they need to worry more about all those numerous fires.... with hundreds of thousands of birds taken out)

but the winter red wheat

has got some serious problems...

🤷‍♂️

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, SeaShells21 said:

No power since am Monday but yes we’re fine

Sorry to hear that,

good luck and hope you were somewhat prepared

if you can respond, at least you still have contact and communications 👍

and hopefully you are not in the chosen blackout area that makes your pipes freeze.

 

(Tip from the northeast, you should be letting all your taps run a slow drip as long as you have water pressure 😉)

 

  • Thanks 1
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Cat_Scratch said:

No power In freezing weather is not fun...

I’d say one plus is it’s helping me learn how to function without a phone in my hand every five minutes.

I’ve solved my Rubik’s cube and learned how to play Uno so it could be much worse.

1 hour ago, Troll said:

Sorry to hear that,

good luck and hope you were somewhat prepared

if you can respond, at least you still have contact and communications 👍

and hopefully you are not in the chosen blackout area that makes your pipes freeze.

 

(Tip from the northeast, you should be letting all your taps run a slow drip as long as you have water pressure 😉)

 

Thankfully our water hasn’t frozen yet and we’re keeping them dripping, and luckily we’re finding ways to keep phones charged in case they’re needed. Hopefully the rest of this storm will just blow over

 

1 hour ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Wow absolute fucking nuts, I can only imagine the havoc this is causing all the poultry and Farmers, , they already had the craziest year already this is just a kick in the stomach 

Kicked while you’re already down. It’s like 2020 +Bonus features 🙁

Hopefully this is like rock bottom and better times start arising. I can’t help but think optimistically during bad times.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...