Dak Prescott becomes highest-paid player in league history, based on value at signing

RedZone

17 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Lol Dak greediest player , Dallas now won’t be able to stay under salary cap 

It’s not greed if they’re stupid enough to pay that much. This  NFL quarterback shit is getting out of hand if Dak is worth 40 mil then Mahomes should get 60+mil.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Norcalnut said:

It’s not greed if they’re stupid enough to pay that much. This  NFL quarterback shit is getting out of hand if Dak is worth 40 mil then Mahomes should get 60+mil.

What has he done to deserve 42 mill + a year?? Who Dak seriously, outside a few games, he’s pretty mediocre compared to other top QBs in league, for sure they were gonna draft a QB this year but now they stuck wit Dak till that contract is done

Hell Dak is barely worth $22 million. Jerry Jones is a dumbass, simple as that. Can't blame him for taking the money, but he is giving up any shot at a championship by handcuffing the team on payroll. Same is true for every other QB signing these mega deals. Sure the NFL can continue increasing salary cap, but that will just drive the QB salaries up even higher.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

I'll never be convinced that a single player is worth 23% of the total payroll. Tom Brady and a very select few players are impactful enough to make that claim, but come on Dak Prescott? I would rather let him walk and take my lumps while looking for my next QB in the draft. They haven't even sniffed a Super Bowl with him at QB.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3

Dak vs Patrick

Dak looks good with those 24 rushing TDs and rushing yardage/average.

https://stathead.com/football/pcm_finder.cgi?player_id2=PresDa01&player_id1=MahoPa00&sum=0&request=1

https://stathead.com/tiny/JYQxH?&utm_medium=pfr&utm_source=pfr_player&utm_campaign=football&utm_content=bait&utm_term=PresDa01

9 comebacks, 15 game-winning drives - full summary
Stathead.com Logo
Dak Prescott led 14 game-winning drives in his first 3 seasons, which is the most by any QB through 3 seasons since at least 1960.

37 minutes ago, Sweetlarry said:

All that proves is there is more than one idiot. Neither team will win shit with those guys. 

What it proves is that Dak got the money a lot of NFL QBs are getting......if no other QBs were cashing in then Dak would have had no leverage and would have had to settle for a lot less.....it's a market thing.

• Thumbs Down 1

4 hours ago, RedZone said:

What it proves is that Dak got the money a lot of NFL QBs are getting......if no other QBs were cashing in then Dak would have had no leverage and would have had to settle for a lot less.....it's a market thing.

I ain’t mad at him. You’re worth what somebody is willing to pay you. 

Winning Offense Rookie of the Year helped him get all that $$$...I don't think he's worth it but I got to ride with him....if they have more designed runs for him to keep the defenses honest I'd be real happy! He's big and can take a hit. He falls forward when he runs...he's big and strong and needs to run a little more like Wilson does. If Smith and Collins are back this year he could have a great year with the 3 W.R.'s he has...the best trio in the league IMO. We'll see...

• Like 2

It was a hell of a deal..

Dak's new deal currently puts MSU third in SEC by 2021 NFL earnings.

1. Alabama - $216,051,906
  2. LSU - $181,681,944
  3. Mississippi State - $165,196,697
  4. Texas A&M - $110,652,003
  5. Georgia - $74,592,922
  6. Florida - $71,976,866
  7. Auburn - $52,213,696
  8. Tennessee - $48,838,478
  9. Missouri - $43,654,662
  10. Ole Miss - $43,050,714
  11. Kentucky - $40,924,097
  12. South Carolina - $33,188,107
  13. Vanderbilt - $28,942,252
  14. Arkansas - $25,537,462

https://www.si.com/college/mississippistate/football/msu-nfl-contracts-fb-3921

On 3/9/2021 at 8:10 PM, DBP66 said:

Winning Offense Rookie of the Year helped him get all that $$$...I don't think he's worth it but I got to ride with him....if they have more designed runs for him to keep the defenses honest I'd be real happy! He's big and can take a hit. He falls forward when he runs...he's big and strong and needs to run a little more like Wilson does. If Smith and Collins are back this year he could have a great year with the 3 W.R.'s he has...the best trio in the league IMO. We'll see...

Better hope they draft big on D and via FA. At least DC will be an upgrade.

If not get used to 42-38 games next year.

• Like 1

On 3/8/2021 at 8:58 PM, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Lol Dak greediest player , Dallas now won’t be able to stay under salary cap 

I read somewhere that the average Super Bowl winning quarterbacks salary hit to a team is around 11%. This new contract is close to 20%. They might have themselves another Kirk Cousins...and we know how well that is working out.

Damned if you do or don't

BREAKING: QB Tom Brady and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers have agreed on a four-year contract extension (one-year extension with 2nd, 3rd and 4th year options) that locks him into Tampa Bay through the 2022 season, at minimum. 

The extension saves the Buccaneers $19 million against the cap this year. The additional voidable years are there to defray the cost. It was another effort from Brady to keep as much of the team together as possible.

Twitter: Adam Schefter

This is why teams win. Not bc they lock up slightly above average QBs at outrageous salaries....