All time Best 3 Year Run - Finalists

Sammyswordsman

8 hours ago, Atticus Finch said:

He was just objectively terrible and old farts claiming he was the greatest ever is laughable and annoying.

So now I’m an “old fart.”

This is not the OT board.  It is a board to show and share respect with others. If you cannot you should not post on here.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, BigDrop said:

I don’t appreciate your personal attack.  I’ve posted on hs boards for more than 20 years and appreciate those who can express themselves without calling someone else “clueless.”

Ronald Curry’s accomplishments and national recognition speaks for itself.

Andy is a clerk in the Florida unemployment office. Nobody mistakes his strident opinions for expertise.

Back when Curry was being recruited, he apparently had offers from top D1 programs all over the place. This means that professional recruiters and coaches liked what they saw.  That he didn't meet expectations at the next level is irrelevant. As a high school baller he impressed and set records.

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, BigDrop said:

So now I’m an “old fart.”

This is not the OT board.  It is a board to show and share respect with others. If you cannot you should not post on here.

I'm not here to make friends.

I'm just telling you that for someone who claims to have seen so much football in person, saying that Ronald Curry is the best ever is laughable.

16 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Tier 2 Race has begun.

Team Year Record Nat. Rank Top 25 Greatest  W/L Nat. Rank Greatest  Top 25 District Top 25 OOD/OOS
        Ever Teams Points Points Points points points
Allen 2013-2015 44-1 #4, #1, #1 2013 1 1 2 1 6
Bergen Catholic 1997-99   NR, #9, NR     3 3    
BTW 2013-2015 38-5 NR, #1, NR 2013 5 2 2    
Buford 2001-'03   NR,NR,NR     3 3    
Central Bucks West (Pa) 1997-'99 45-0 #4, #7, #4   0 3 3    
Cocoa, FL 2008-'10 42-1 ?, ?, NR   1 3 3    
De La Salle 2000-'02 37-0 #1, #1, #1 2001 0 0 2 6 4
Edison, CA 1979-'81 38-1 ?, ?, NR   1 3 3    
Evangel Christian 1997-99 45-0 #13, #3, #2   0 2 3    
Independence, SC 2002-'04   #3, #4, #2     2 3    
La Marque 1995-'97   #19, NR, NR     3 3    
Parkview 2000-'02 45-0 #17, #20, #2   0 2 3    
South Panola 2005-2007 45-0 #6, ?, #3 2010 0 2 2    
St. Ignatius 1993-'95 41-1 #1, #22, #1/2 1993, 1995 1 1 1 2 6
St. John Bosco 2013-'15 41-3 #1, #10, #4 2013 3 2 1 1 5
St. Josephs (Pa) 2018-'20 31-2 NR, NR, #5   2 3 3    
St. Xavier (OH) 2005-'07 41-1 #5,  ?,  ?   1 3 3    
West Monroe 1996-1998 43-2 #8, NR, #5   2 3 3 5 4

HS football 4-24-21 Top Runs.xlsx 19.56 kB · 0 downloads

USA Today have Cocoa at 18 in 2010

Link provided. https://web.archive.org/web/20110115040934/http://www.highschoolsports.net/super25/Football/Varsity/Boys/

Rivals, if anyone has the old rankings had Cocoa in the top 100 in 09, and 10.

Not sure about 2008 but I think they edged in at 98th???

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, concha said:

Back when Curry was being recruited, he apparently had offers from top D1 programs all over the place. This means that professional recruiters and coaches liked what they saw.  That he didn't meet expectations at the next level is irrelevant. As a high school baller he impressed and set records.

My favorite thing about concha is how utterly incompetent he is at supporting his arguments while at the same time having a gigantically fragile ego that forces him to comment anyway.

He really can't come up with anything better than the fact that college recruiters offered him scholarships which would also would mean that every single D1 athlete was therefore good as well.

Of course that's ridiculous and embarrassing but it's concha so that's expected.

1 hour ago, BigDrop said:

I don’t appreciate your personal attack.  I’ve posted on hs boards for more than 20 years and appreciate those who can express themselves without calling someone else “clueless.”

Ronald Curry’s accomplishments and national recognition speaks for itself.

Don't worry about Finch, Drop.......you just don't know how to take him.

If I said Leonard Fournette was the best RB I'd ever seen in high school Finch would then spend a couple days of his life trying to prove to me that...in fact.....Leonard Fournette sucked in high school.

You can insert most ANY player/team into the equation and get the same results with the, Fincher. It's just how he is wired. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

He really can't come up with anything better than the fact that college recruiters offered him scholarships

You seem to be struggling with this fact.......if he was as terrible as you pretend he was he wouldn't have received the recruiting attention.

Oh wait, you watched one of his games. 🤡

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, RedZone said:

Don't worry about Finch, Drop.......you just don't know to take him.

If I said Leonard Fournette was the best RB I'd ever seen in high school Finch would then spend a couple days of his life trying to prove to me that...in fact.....Leonard Fournette sucked in high school.

You can insert most ANY player/team into the equation and get the same results with the, Fincher. It's just how he is wired. 

Did you get to see joe McKnight in HS? Watching him and Barkley at SC was awesome. 

19 minutes ago, RedZone said:

Saw him play several times.......guess what?

He sucked! lmao

I'm just kidding, of course.

Joe McKnight was super smooth in high school......it was almost like he wasn't even trying a lot of the time.

Leonard Fournette was just a beast.....had that I'm the King of the Forest attitude. I will eat you!

2 hours ago, Atticus Finch said:

My favorite thing about concha is how utterly incompetent he is at supporting his arguments while at the same time having a gigantically fragile ego that forces him to comment anyway.

He really can't come up with anything better than the fact that college recruiters offered him scholarships which would also would mean that every single D1 athlete was therefore good as well.

Of course that's ridiculous and embarrassing but it's concha so that's expected.

Andy's stupidity is sometimes almost awe-inspiring.

Andy has "supported" his arguments by use of his ass. No real data or opinions of professionals. Just his ass.

Andy also fails to recognize that not every D1 athlete gets a scholie offer. Or gets offered by multiple schools. Or multiple Power 5 programs...

You could get a pretty good approximation of who the best high school football players in the country are in a particular class by who they get scholie offers from. Andy seems to think the idea is "ridiculous and embarrassing". He says that because he's trying to cover for having been shown to be a fool. Again.

🤡

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Atticus Finch said:

Terrible players

Ronald Curry certainly wasn't terrible, Finch...... it's not even debatable so quit trying so hard.

The fact that you think every blue-chip player that receives National recruiting attention and or is drafted into the NFL is going to be a superstar is telling. 

Who are you to destroy High School careers anyways?

That all said. I'm not a real big fan of the tag-along offer which happens quite a bit in college football today. Ronald Curry wasn! a tag-along.

2 minutes ago, RedZone said:

Ronald Curry certainly wasn't terrible, Finch...... it's not even debatable so quit trying so hard.

The fact that you think every blue-chip player that receives National recruiting attention and or is drafted into the NFL is going to be a superstar is telling. 

Who are you to destroy High School careers anyways?

That all said. I'm not a real big fan of the tag-along offer which happens quite a bit in college football today. Ronald Curry wasn! a tag-along.

If one thought like Finch one could possibly destroy the high school careers of hundreds of thousands of great high school players.

I think we're lucky we just have one Finch. 😄

4 minutes ago, RedZone said:

No, he was just a vastly overrated player who wasn't any good once the competition was raised.

Guess what?

There are terrible doctors. Terrible lawyers. Terrible football players.

The idea that because somebody got into med school or law school they therefore must be a good doctor or lawyer is absurd.

The same applies to a scholarship offer.

It's frankly a very stupid argument and you and concha should be embarrassed to be making it.

7 minutes ago, RedZone said:

If one thought like Finch one could possibly destroy the high school careers of hundreds of thousands of great high school players.

I think we're lucky we just have one Finch. 😄

The point is he was only thought to be a great high school player because of the crappy competition and stat-padding.

There's zero evidence otherwise.

2 minutes ago, concha said:

For some reason, Andy thinks that his ass watching two tapes and announcing that a guy is terrible is somehow irrefutable evidence.

I didn't announce that he was terrible.

He was.

Indisputably.

This already happened, concha.

Imagine knowing the outcome of something and still arguing against it years later.

Derrick Henry played against crappy competition his whole high school career. Maybe one or two competent teams in the playoffs or something. But the knock on him was his competition. The NaySayers said he won’t be able to duplicate the success at the next level because he’s not used to the competition.

A Heisman trophy and 2 NFL rushing titles later, he proved that the crappy competition meant nothing. 

For Ronald Curry the crappy competition DID mean something. It was exposed when he went to college. He became one of the all time busts in history. But it wasn’t his fault. He didn’t choose to be over rated. People saw the spectacular plays he made but ignored the fact it was against garbage.

it was fools gold 

1 minute ago, Nolebull813 said:

Derrick Henry played against crappy competition his whole high school career. Maybe one or two competent teams in the playoffs or something. But the knock on him was his competition. The NaySayers said he won’t be able to duplicate the success at the next level because he’s not used to the competition.

A Heisman trophy and 2 NFL rushing titles later, he proved that the crappy competition meant nothing. 

For Ronald Curry the crappy competition DID mean something. It was exposed when he went to college. He became one of the all time busts in history. But it wasn’t his fault. He didn’t choose to be over rated. People saw the spectacular plays he made but ignored the fact it was against garbage.

it was fools gold 

Exactly.

Derrick Henry had detractors. Me included.

But he has balled at every level he's ever played at. Why? He's the real deal.

Ronald Curry sucked the moment he stepped out of Hampton High School and outside of Tidewater Virginia.

• Haha 1