Has the State of Alabama ever won a MNC in High School Football?

RedZone

Alabama is a larger state than Louisiana, but Alabama just doesn't seem to have that OOS and MNC history..

For a TINY state Louisiana mixes it up pretty good with the big boys win or lose.

Alabama doesn't have that same reputation. Lately.... besides hoover, it's a dead state when it comes to major OOS games.

33 minutes ago, RedZone said:

Louisiana has 6

I forgot about the 1968 Bogalusa squad......I remember people talking about that team, but it was before my time....

bandicam 2021-04-16 10-09-25-853.jpg

Cool story.

In 2006 (the year after Katrina), Bonita Vista (San Diego/Chula Vista) invited Bogalusa to California for a game and to take in the sites of San Diego. Went to the Zoo and a Padres game......etc. It was a big deal for the Bogalusa kids especially after Katrina wiped Bogalusa off the map.

Bogalusa is a little school now while Bonita Vista was a fairly big Metro San DIego school.

Bogalusa won the game and hearts of Chula Vista that night.....19-14

Only 30 Bogalusa players made the trip.

Bogalusa walking to the stadium in 2006 to war with Bonita Vista, CA.

bandicam 2021-04-16 10-23-22-877.jpg

• Thumbs Down 1

12 minutes ago, RedZone said:

Bonita Vista

Just for the record and before people bash me. Bonita Vista is NOT a pimple in California, but that's really besides the point.......Bogalusa did take the plane ride and had a great time in San Diego...

Bonita Vista did win a State Championship in 2015...their first in 50 years....that team barely cracked the California Top 100....coming in at #83

https://www.thestarnews.com/bonita-vista-wins-first-cif-football-title-in-schools-50th-year/

54 minutes ago, RedZone said:

Just for the record and before people bash me. Bonita Vista is NOT a pimple in California, but that's really besides the point.......Bogalusa did take the plane ride and had a great time in San Diego...

Bonita Vista did win a State Championship in 2015...their first in 50 years....that team barely cracked the California Top 100....coming in at #83

https://www.thestarnews.com/bonita-vista-wins-first-cif-football-title-in-schools-50th-year/

Actually that was a San Diego lower div championship, they didn’t win state that year. They play in the Ninth lowest div in Cali AKA the pimple division. 

24 minutes ago, Norcalnut said:

Actually that was a San Diego lower div championship, they didn’t win state that year. They play in the Ninth lowest div in Cali AKA the pimple division. 

I don't know how they classify teams there or care really, but Bonita Vista was the much larger school in that matchup.

Bonita Vista has an enrollment of 2500-they would be the biggest school in  Louisiana or close to it.

Bogalusa has an enrollment of 670

1 hour ago, RedZone said:

I don't know how they classify teams there or care really, but Bonita Vista was the much larger school in that matchup.

Bonita Vista has an enrollment of 2500-they would be the biggest school in  Louisiana or close to it.

Bogalusa has an enrollment of 670

Didn’t DLS butt drill Evangel Christian by 3 scores around that time? Hell if DLS played more Louisiana powers their OOS record would be light years better