NBA Playoffs

HurricaneNick

5 hours ago, Cossacks said:

Your kidding right. The MD basketball name has probably always been bigger then the gridiron version.

Yes and no .  The football team has 4 national titles whereas the B-ball ,  I think maybe has one . The B-ball has always been really elite in Ca., but with all the academy teams such as Findley , Montverde, IMG , Oak Hill, etc.,  they don't get to that level. The football team is the best in the land right now , so I would say the football is King because they reach higher levels.

1 hour ago, CaliNorth said:

Yes and no .  The football team has 4 national titles whereas the B-ball ,  I think maybe has one . The B-ball has always been really elite in Ca., but with all the academy teams such as Findley , Montverde, IMG , Oak Hill, etc.,  they don't get to that level. The football team is the best in the land right now , so I would say the football is King because they reach higher levels.

Ok, it just seems like they have been playing elite national schedules and have won a ton at the CIF level (probably more than Crenshaw) for years and years on the hoop side. Maybe football has overtaken them, but I always perceived them as a hoop school and thought they were well known and recognized nationally.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CaliNorth said:

Md basketball beats football in longevity but football wins in recency and accomplishments.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Cossacks said:

Ok, it just seems like they have been playing elite national schedules and have won a ton at the CIF level (probably more than Crenshaw) for years and years on the hoop side. Maybe football has overtaken them, but I always perceived them as a hoop school and thought they were well known and recognized nationally.

MD basketball is up there with Wheeler and Norcross in terms of Legendary status... 

But Wheeler is just a straight up menace.... 

And both Norcross and Wheeler produce NBA players like Florida does oranges...

• Like 1

22 hours ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

@HurricaneNick what’s up with MD basketball, how come they not a name brand like they are in football 

You are joking right? MD basketball has been consistently great since Gary McKnight landed on the corner of Bristol and Edinger 38 years ago. Whereas the football team may have more national championships, the gym is running out of room for hanging basketball banners for CIF championships. The past few years Sierra Canyon have been the king of Cali hoops but they are still MD’s little brother.

18 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Ja Morant deserves better than the Grizzlies...

His play is costing him and them in the draft they need another all star level player or 2. Mike conley is costing them in the market with that crazy contract they gave him.

They need to cut conleys contract and try to get 2 stars- all stars or get 1 bonified star and tank and get a lottery pick.

2 hours ago, Ga96 said:

His play is costing him and them in the draft they need another all star level player or 2. Mike conley is costing them in the market with that crazy contract they gave him.

They need to cut conleys contract and try to get 2 stars- all stars or get 1 bonified star and tank and get a lottery pick.

Mike Conley's contract was a damn mistake