Another fun filled weekend in Chicago

rockinl

5 minutes ago, Ga96 said:

@BUFORDGAWOLVES another klan thread

Ben Shapiro bot, it is a superficial look at a complicated problem. 

Pretty sure it was the same back in the day with the Dagos, Tinkers, and Hebes during prohibition. 

White Fragility has GOT to bitch about something to preserve the inequitable system in place. 

bgw

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Pretty sure it was the same back in the day with the Dagos, Tinkers, and Hebes during prohibition. 

White Fragility has GOT to bitch about something to preserve the inequitable system in place. 

bgw

Exactly

I understand...

Its all the white mans fault. "White man bad. White man keeping me down. White man makes me shoot my own kind". 

It's all part of a master plan, right? If thats so, there sure are a ALOT of STUPID people falling for it.

Must be a bitch waking up every day thinking there's an imaginary thumb on your head holding you down. 

Being that weak minded must be exhausting.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

How complicated is it really, though?

Defund the police because it's a racist institution because of history. 

Never mind the genetic fallacy. 

Never mind that on all the available evidence the police are effective at combating crime, especially violent crime, which crime is the most devastating to its victims and the most rampant in urban communities like Chicago. 

Never mind that the mayor of Atlanta fought hard to get the police raises because she couldn't find or keep enough people willing to do that shit job. Since there aren't enough people willing to police these communities as it is, I say pay the ones you've got even less money because they're racist.

How'd they clean up the organized crime in Chicago during the Prohibition? They invested less in law enforcement, right?

It's not that complicated. 

• Like 1

bgw

Watchu talkin bout....

there was no riots in Chicago last year. 🙄

Nothin to see here. 👀

So how can there be any guilt or fragility ???

BTW: since you like propaganda and history...maybe this will help you out...

image.thumb.png.811b780047244a9fd4e7911809bd2bf1.png

https://www.bitchute.com/video/2VDyipLvPbeR/   << have not watched it, figured I'd get your review first LOL.

36 minutes ago, Belly Bob said:

How complicated is it really, though?

Defund the police because it's a racist institution because of history. 

Never mind the genetic fallacy. 

Never mind that on all the available evidence the police are effective at combating crime, especially violent crime, which crime is the most devastating to its victims and the most rampant in urban communities like Chicago. 

Never mind that the mayor of Atlanta fought hard to get the police raises because she couldn't find or keep enough people willing to do that shit job. Since there aren't enough people willing to police these communities as it is, I say pay the ones you've got even less money because they're racist.

How'd they clean up the organized crime in Chicago during the Prohibition? They invested less in law enforcement, right?

It's not that complicated. 

Yes, it is…. Because if it wasn’t as you pointed out it would’ve been solved. 

When has organized crime ever been cleaned up?

We lead the world in incarceration rates and 1/2 the Black male population is in the these prisons.

bgw

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

I agree.

I don't know what you count as organized crime, but the mafia has been in major decline for at least 30 years, even though federal law enforcement agencies have shifted their focus from organized crime to anti-terrorism since 9/11.

My point was that the response to the rise of organized crime in Chicago during the Prohibition was to empower law enforcement, not defund them, which resulted in the imprisonment of Capone. In general, the response to rising crime rates, especially violent crime, is to empower law enforcement, not reallocate their funds to social welfare programs on the shaky premise that doing so might one day in the distant future result in less crime. 

We lead the world in incarceration rates and 1/2 the Black male population is in the these prisons.

That's an exaggeration, but I get your point. The criminal justice system is punitive rather than rehabilitative and it disproportionately harms those at the bottom of society because people at the bottom have fewer resources to mitigate the harm done by the system. 

That said, the defund the police movement is yet another profoundly misguided attempt by the left to solve the problem, which attempt is animated by the suspect premise that the police are a racist institution whose work is keeping black communities from thriving. 

If that were true about the police, then defunding the police would help black communities. But since it's not, it won't.

• Like 2

bgw

You know they are willingly ignorant on the matters of the black community.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, rockinl said:

Americas toughest gun laws city. Also with America's only Beetlejuice looking liberal lunatic Mayor. The thugs are running the prison.

https://abc7chicago.com/69-shot-10-fatally-in-chicago-weekend-gun-violence/10909776/

Having the toughest gun laws in Chicago obviously has had zero affect on reducing gun violence.  In order for gun laws to have any affect there needs to be national gun laws.  Every state needs to be on the same page for any laws to be effective.  IMO

Do you think we have a gun problem in this country?  I know we have many problems like mental health, economic, etc. but are guns one of our problems?  Or is the problem a liberal lunatic mayor?

40 minutes ago, Belly Bob said:

I agree.

I don't know what you count as organized crime, but the mafia has been in major decline for at least 30 years, even though federal law enforcement agencies have shifted their focus from organized crime to anti-terrorism since 9/11.

My point was that the response to the rise of organized crime in Chicago during the Prohibition was to empower law enforcement, not defund them, which resulted in the imprisonment of Capone. In general, the response to rising crime rates, especially violent crime, is to empower law enforcement, not reallocate their funds to social welfare programs on the shaky premise that doing so might one day in the distant future result in less crime. 

That's an exaggeration, but I get your point. The criminal justice system is punitive rather than rehabilitative and it disproportionately harms those at the bottom of society because people at the bottom have fewer resources to mitigate the harm done by the system. 

That said, the defund the police movement is yet another profoundly misguided attempt by the left to solve the problem, which attempt is animated by the suspect premise that the police are a racist institution whose work is keeping black communities from thriving. 

If that were true about the police, then defunding the police would help black communities. But since it's not, it won't.

Empower how…. Bust Capone for tax evasion? The point is the criminal element evolves with a different cast, poverty drives those to crime. 

Buying tanks and military garb escalates the death by cop, and we have SWAT wannabes on school campuses, it’s ludicrous. 

Ad far as defunding the police, there’s no real message except abject cutting off funds….  Personally my stance is better pay, training, de escalation beyond the yearly 8 hour certification. 

bgw

• Thanks 2

34 minutes ago, Belly Bob said:

I agree.

I believe the term 'defund the police' is very misguided and I wish it was never used.  However, IMO, the real problem with policing is accountability or lack thereof.  More resources for mental health issues (excluding violent criminals) that a social worker can better deal with than police can would something I feel is worthwhile and a benefit.  If police departments would stop protecting bad cops and hold them accountable, consistently, would go a long way to regain some trust that is obviously not there.  

As far as I understand it, the police receive approximately 20-45% if city budgets, with Chicago at around 37%.  Given the large amount of resources, I doubt if more money/police/resources would resolve these problems.  It is extremely likely that in order to solve the problems of our society it will take ALL THE TOOLS at our disposal.  A all hands on deck type of thing where many ideas are at work at the same time.  Just solving our gun problem won't do it.  Childcare, health care, education, job training, etc. all must be employed in this effort.  

As for Capone, I doubt the local police department would have been able to imprison him and were it not for the feds getting him on tax evasion he likely would have never been caught.  

• Thanks 2
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Belly’s straight and well read…. You have a better chance of a honest debate with Belly than these other pussies.

bgw

100% right.  Belly Bob is very reasonable and very intelligent and no doubt brings a lot to the table.  He makes both sides of this site better, the dark side and the hsfb side.  So do you brother.  

• Thanks 3
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Empower how…. Bust Capone for tax evasion?

He was busted for tax evasion after the government empowered federal agents to enforce the law in Chicago. There are question of who and how, but the general point stands -- you don't respond to violent crime by defunding law enforcement. 

10 hours ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

The point is the criminal element evolves with a different cast, poverty drives those to crime. 

If that's true, then that's good news because we have a major labor shortage in this country. Maybe the solution is as easy as people going to work. 

Buying tanks and military garb escalates the death by cop, and we have SWAT wannabes on school campuses, it’s ludicrous. 

I agree that much of it is ridiculous, but if criminals continue to have access to powerful weapons, then the police need to keep up. Discussions about military garb, I think, is largely a red herring.

Ad far as defunding the police, there’s no real message except abject cutting off funds….  Personally my stance is better pay, training, de escalation beyond the yearly 8 hour certification. 

It sounds like you think the police should receive more funding, not less, provided it's spent on better pay and training, and not tanks. So maybe we agree.

• Thanks 2
  • Like 1

On 7/27/2021 at 6:20 PM, World Citizen said:

I believe the term 'defund the police' is very misguided and I wish it was never used.  

Me too. But I think it's representative of our tendency to misdiagnose the problem. The police could do better, like every other institution in America. But the police aren't the reason why black communities aren't thriving. 

However, IMO, the real problem with policing is accountability or lack thereof.  More resources for mental health issues (excluding violent criminals) that a social worker can better deal with than police can would something I feel is worthwhile and a benefit.  If police departments would stop protecting bad cops and hold them accountable, consistently, would go a long way to regain some trust that is obviously not there.  

It sounds like you also think that law enforcement should receive more funding, not less. I agree that bad cops should be held accountable, and I bet it would be easier for police departments to do so if they were better staffed and if there were more people willing to do the job. People don't want to police Chicago or Atlanta or Baltimore etc. 

As far as I understand it, the police receive approximately 20-45% if city budgets, with Chicago at around 37%.  Given the large amount of resources, I doubt if more money/police/resources would resolve these problems. 

I don't know about resolve, but I think there's good evidence that shows that more police officers results is less crime, especially violent crime.

It is extremely likely that in order to solve the problems of our society it will take ALL THE TOOLS at our disposal.  A all hands on deck type of thing where many ideas are at work at the same time.  Just solving our gun problem won't do it.  Childcare, health care, education, job training, etc. all must be employed in this effort.  

Maybe so. But as the national deficit skyrockets, it's hard to imagine where the funding might come from to solve all the problems preventing black communities from thriving. 

It might have to be an internal job, since I don't think there are enough resources available to do all these things. Teachers don't want to teach in Chicago, for example. There are several programs that offer substantial bonuses or tuition reimbursement or student loan forgiveness or some combination of those to teachers willing to work for just a few years in places like Chicago, but most aren't willing to do it.

I read recently that over half of Baltimore's 11th graders scored at elementary school levels in reading. 

How's the government supposed to solve the problem?

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, rockinl said:

Americas toughest gun laws city.

Cities generally can't enact their own gun laws, dipshit.

https://www.thetrace.org/2018/12/preemption-nra-local-gun-laws/

The five states that allow cities to enact their own gun laws without restriction — Connecticut, Hawaii, Massachusetts, New Jersey, and New York — are also the states with the lowest rates of gun death.

• Thanks 2