Lincoln Riley to USC

DevilDog

• 5 weeks later...

So where does Caleb Williams play next season? USC obviously has to be at the top of the list of choices. There are a number of teams that could use him next season…… Georgia, LSU, ND, UCLA just to name a fe that come to my mind first. Should be interesting to see where he lands. And of course he could still remain at OU.

17 minutes ago, Bodysurf said:

So where does Caleb Williams play next season? USC obviously has to be at the top of the list of choices. There are a number of teams that could use him next season…… Georgia, LSU, ND, UCLA just to name a fe that come to my mind first. Should be interesting to see where he lands. And of course he could still remain at OU.

“They’re” (Twitter journalists) are saying there’s 2 million in NIL deals waiting for him at UGA. I know that could be tripled if he picks SC. Time for Riley to go all out and let the Trojan family take care of the rest. When NIL comes to high school MD will never lose another game. I promise 😉

• Like 1

19 hours ago, HurricaneNick said:

“They’re” (Twitter journalists) are saying there’s 2 million in NIL deals waiting for him at UGA. I know that could be tripled if he picks SC. Time for Riley to go all out and let the Trojan family take care of the rest. When NIL comes to high school MD will never lose another game. I promise 😉

CW: What kind of NIL deal can you offer me that i cant get a UGA...

LR: I have a mock up of what one of the Alumni is offering...

7K9Xno6OyhKkEgVcoxjCrA_r.jpg

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Bodysurf said:

Lincoln Riley is building an absolutely amazing 7x7 team at USC. It is just too bad for USC that real football is won in the trenches and for that reason they will still suck.

Very true....... I will say this though,  with a mobile QB you can mask some deficiencies upfront by rolling the pocket, and running the QB(which gets you an extra blocker) 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bodysurf said:

Lincoln Riley is building an absolutely amazing 7x7 team at USC. It is just too bad for USC that real football is won in the trenches and for that reason they will still suck.

My brother of little faith!!! “We gon be aight!” I think he will get two more offensive lineman in the portal. SC returns a few starters up front including vorhees who was somehow voted an all American. The biggest difference will be the development up front by the new line coach from A&M. Development and the scheme will be key this year until they get a full recruiting class in next year. I think once Caleb announces I think that will draw some big uglies in. The portal has like 8 million kids in it right now, somebody has to be able to block Lol

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

My brother of little faith!!! “We gon be aight!” 

I hope so. It is just mind boggling and frustrating that the recruiting focus is not addressing the team’s major need. Yet! From Day 1 on the job he should have made it a top priority to get linemen. 
Riley’s appeal is obviously strong with skill players. Linemen not so much, which is disappointing. 

6 minutes ago, Bodysurf said:

I hope so. It is just mind boggling and frustrating that the recruiting focus is not addressing the team’s major need. Yet! From Day 1 on the job he should have made it a top priority to get linemen. 
Riley’s appeal is obviously strong with skill players. Linemen not so much, which is disappointing. 

Agreed, I’m hoping the new line coach can get some guys from the portal and definitely tap in to the south East for lineman going forward. I expect this to be a 2 year rebuilding job. No reason it should take any longer. Skill positions are there. Take care of the trenches. I will say I’m not really worried about the DL and the defense. Korey foreman and raesjon Davis will lead a solid front 7. 

• Like 1

On 1/15/2022 at 4:24 PM, Bodysurf said:

Looking at the transfer portal the Trojans have also signed two 3* DL one from K-State and one from TCU.They also sign another 3*OL from Virginia .So it would appear the staff is working on the line problem 

On 1/15/2022 at 7:25 PM, HurricaneNick said:

I’m told a Louisiana LB will commit to the Trojans in the next few days.

.....led the Ragin' Cajuns with 85 tackles this year.

The Cajuns are losing their entire team since Billy Napier left.

This might be the guy USC gets. Mean looking cat.

TRPwTTF4_400x400.jpg

15 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

Yeah that's him. SC feels like they're in a good spot to land him. 

Cajun's are transferring everywhere.....he probably will.

Freshman La-Lafayette Ragin' Cajun RB Montrell Johnson transferred to the Florida Gator and his old coach  Billy Napier. Montrell Johnson is from De La Salle here in NOLA. 

As a freshman this year he rushed 838 Yards and 12 TDs.

Montrell.png