Lincoln Riley to USC

DevilDog

22 hours ago, On2whls said:

I would love to see USC return to the upper echelon of College football but I’m not sure Lincoln Riley is the answer.  It’s not like he took over a program that wasn’t already heavily offensively biased and capable of scoring a lot, and all those great numbers are, after all, against Big 12 defenses.   
I’m not at all impressed with Alex Grinch.  OU defense just hasn’t improved enough under his guidance to make me a believer.

I think he improves USC, but I don’t expect to see USC dominate the PAC-12 the way OU has dominated the Big 12.

The PAC 12 is tremendously heinous and OU wasn't going undefeated every year in the Big 12.  In the PAC 12 he only has to beat one team.    Exhibit A.  BYU which is coming to the BIG 12 has dominated the PAC 12.  5 - 0 against them, right now BYU would be the best team in the PAC 12.  3 of the 5 on the Road.   All he has to do is duplicate BYU to be dominate.  That will not be hard to do.  He's gonna love playing those horrible teams each week. 

BYU VS the PAC 12 

BYU 35  USC 31

BYU 21  WSU 19

BYU 27 ASU 17

BYU 26  UTAH 17 (PAC 12 Division Winner) Arguably the best PAC 12 Team

BYU 24 ARIZONA 16

Meanwhile 

Image result for arrow down

BAYLOR 38 - BYU 24 

4 hours ago, DevilDog said:

OU wasn't going undefeated every year in the Big 12.

Did I say they were going undefeated or dominating the big 12?  6 straight Big 12 titles is dominance.

Big 12 and PAC 12 are pretty much shit overall compared to the rest of the power 5 conferences. 

4 hours ago, DevilDog said:

He's gonna love playing those horrible teams each week. 

It will feel just like home for him.  Each week another patsie.   

Still, I don’t see him ever winning six straight PAC 12 championships.  He’s gonna attract plenty of good offensive talent, but not enough talented defenders are signing on.  

2 hours ago, On2whls said:

Did I say they were going undefeated or dominating the big 12?  6 straight Big 12 titles is dominance.

Big 12 and PAC 12 are pretty much shit overall compared to the rest of the power 5 conferences. 

It will feel just like home for him.  Each week another patsie.   

Still, I don’t see him ever winning six straight PAC 12 championships.  He’s gonna attract plenty of good offensive talent, but not enough talented defenders are signing on.  

The Big 12 is far better than the PAC 12.  There are 2 Big 12 teams in the top 8 and 3 in the top 15.  Look no further than the Alamo Bowl each year where top teams from both Conferences meet.  Hell KSU crushed Stanford to begin the year.  

1 hour ago, DevilDog said:

The Big 12 is far better than the PAC 12.  There are 2 Big 12 teams in the top 8 and 3 in the top 15.  Look no further than the Alamo Bowl each year where top teams from both Conferences meet.  Hell KSU crushed Stanford to begin the year.  

The Big 12 is better this year for sure but not by much.  I wouldn't use the Stanford-KSU game as a barometer at all.  Stanford finished 11th out of 12. KSU finished 5th out of 10

1 hour ago, DevilDog said:

OOF... 

I got more respect for you than this... 

Conference thumping and humping is worthless... 

Each conference is truly only 2/3 teams deep tbh... 

Except the ACC...idk what happened to them this year...but for this year:

ACC:

Wake Forest

Clemson 

Pittsburgh 

SEC:

Georgia 

Alabama 

Big Ten:

The team that shall not be named

Ohio State 

Iowa 

Big 12:

Oklahoma

Oklahoma State

Pac-12:

Utah 

Oregon 

Arizona State

I look forward to seeing what UCLA does next season. 

9 hours ago, DevilDog said:

The PAC 12 is tremendously heinous and OU wasn't going undefeated every year in the Big 12.  In the PAC 12 he only has to beat one team.    Exhibit A.  BYU which is coming to the BIG 12 has dominated the PAC 12.  5 - 0 against them, right now BYU would be the best team in the PAC 12.  3 of the 5 on the Road.   All he has to do is duplicate BYU to be dominate.  That will not be hard to do.  He's gonna love playing those horrible teams each week. 

BYU VS the PAC 12 

BYU 35  USC 31

BYU 21  WSU 19

BYU 27 ASU 17

BYU 26  UTAH 17 (PAC 12 Division Winner) Arguably the best PAC 12 Team

BYU 24 ARIZONA 16

Meanwhile 

Image result for arrow down

BAYLOR 38 - BYU 24 

Only you could claim that going 5-0 against the Pac-12 by a total of 33 points is "domination."

Hey I fuck with Baylor. I been to Waco. Went to a Baylor game.

Years ago Back when KMart was closing their stores they brought a bunch of shit from Sears who also was closing, and for some reason, the KMart in Tampa had a shit ton of Baylor gear. I got 4 Nike Dri Fit Baylor shirts for $5 each when they were valued at $45 each. I still wear them all the time. I swear every person at my kids football and cheer practice think I went to Baylor. Naw bitch I went to Kmart on Florida Avenue!!!!!! 

12 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

You have a fundamental misunderstanding of football.

They played 5 games against a middling collection of teams and were only +33.

No they played the best team in the conference, the worst team, and a couple middle tier ones. It was the most balanced schedule you could possible get from a conference 

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

I think he meant dominated in the W/L category. 

Then Baylor beat the like a rented mule 

Never try to explain logic to an illogical fool.  You are correct and clearly understand context.   They played the best team middle and bottom.  5 - 0.   Name another Conference this applies to.   The PAC 12 sucks and not just this year.. since 2010 the PAC12 plays the Big 12 in Alamo Bowl with top Echelon teams.  Big 12 8 - 3 vs PAC 12. 

Not humping Big 12.  Just showing it should be easier for Lincoln to dominate them. Tell him to throw in a BYU tape 

6 hours ago, On2whls said:

Still, I don’t see him ever winning six straight PAC 12 championships.  He’s gonna attract plenty of good offensive talent skill players, but not enough talented defenders linemen are signing on.  

FIFY

I find it perplexing that people are focusing on all these skill players that Riley is attracting. Won't make a difference unless USC gets a line.

36 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

No they played the best team in the conference, the worst team, and a couple middle tier ones.

So on balance = middling

I'm not convinced that Utah is the best team but I think they're at worst second best.

The rest were Arizona (0-8), USC (3-5), Washington State (6-3) and Arizona State (6-3).

For a combined Pac-12 record of 24-20.

Middling almost by definition.

2 hours ago, DevilDog said:

Not humping Big 12.  Just showing it should be easier for Lincoln to dominate them. Tell him to throw in a BYU tape 

How much easier could it be than going 37-7 and winning four Big 12 championships in five years like he did at Oklahoma?

It's utterly buffoonish to claim that +33 over 5 games by BYU is domination yet Lincoln Riley will have it easier in the PAC-12 after going 37-7 and winning 4 conference titles in the Big 12.